1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPod Interface Kit install

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by sorbothegeek, Nov 19, 2010.

1. sorbothegeek

sorbothegeek Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello All!

I am going to be pulling the trigger on a 2010 Model III, standard configuration in the next week or so. I see no need for the Nav system as my iPhone w/Navigon is sufficient IMHO. However I am debating about buying the Interface Kit for iPod. After reading the forums though I'm confused about a couple things. For background, I'll be using with my iPhone 4. The standard model III config comes with the hands free bluetooth, but the music streaming as I understand it is part of the Nav package.

* Is the USB port that's next to the AUX input Standard or part of the optional iPod Interface kit?

* Next, I've seen reference to both part pt545-00082 (which is the one pictured in the Toyota brochures for around $299) and then on the forums I see mentioned of part PT233-47100. What is the difference between the two?

* As I understand it pt545-00082 allows steering pad control of the audio system. Is it worth it to buy it at the time of purchase or aftermarket? If I buy/install aftermarket I probably don't have the steering pad controls, correct?

In short I have a gut feeling that either PT233-47100 or pt545-00082 gives me far more control than just jacked into the AUX? So either talk me off the cliff from buying the kit or explain why it's a good thing. :rockon:

TIA

—Steve

2. sorbothegeek

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'll answer my own post with the answer that I learned about yesterday when I finalized an offer on my Package III prius . The iPod kit functionality is part of the standard package on the III. No need to buy the additional kit. The PT233-47100 or pt545-00082 would be after market purchases for I guess the package II.

3. sorbothegeek

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    A quick follow-up. The info I posted above is incorrect. I was told information by the salesman at the time of purchase that lead me to believe that USB was in the car. USB/AUX in the front seat console only comes with Nav.