1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPod menu annoyingly plays song when i scroll down

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by bennigan1988, Jul 24, 2010.

1. bennigan1988

bennigan1988 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Ok, whenever I hit a menu, say "artists" for example, and I press the name of an artist, instead of continuing to play the song I'm listening to, after I click on an artist it automatically starts playing the first song of the artist that I clicked... is there a way to browse through the menus without it interrupting the song? Also when I scroll down while browsing, it automatically plays the song at the top of the list of the new page of songs when I click the scroll down button. It's gotten to the point where I just turn the volume down to mute, find my song, and then turn it back on so I don't have to listen to it start playing 5 different songs by the time I even find the song I'm looking for...

Does anyone know if this is something I can change in the settings?

2. DaveSheremata

DaveSheremata New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

This REALLY bugs me too. I can't seem to find any information - but I'm starting to troll around for the installation guide and see if it has any configurable dip switched or something like that.... I'll post back if I find anything, and I'll check back to see if anyone else has found anything...

Dave

3. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    This is one of several annoying issues/shortcomings of this adapter, that's been well-discussed here, and caused me to not have it installed.

4. rlr66

rlr66 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I know what you mean. It's very annoying, but I'm a lot happier since I've used the iPod's "Genius" feature and created playlists. Now I can pick a playlist I like and not have to fish around as much for songs I want to listen to. FYI

5. johnhenderson

johnhenderson New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I agree that this autoplay thing is a big pain. After trying a few things, this is what I did. I classified all my music by genre. Since most of my music is rock or pop, under the genre column in itunes, I labeled all my music into groups. I have rock a-f and rock g-n and rock o-s and rock t-z. That way I can zero in on an artist I want to listen to quicker. Listening to the start of 5 songs beats listening to the start of 50 songs when trying to find the album you want. Toyota should fix this poor interface, but until they do, this suggestion might help.

6. Sinner

Sinner New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I would think this would be something that is hackable... unfortunately I have not found a way to avoid this annoying feature either.

7. johnhenderson

johnhenderson New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have talked to Toyota about this ipod auto select problem. After trying 3 times to get their attention, they basically told me that this is not considered a product defect. After discussing this I think the only way to get Toyota to fix this ridiculous interface is to get as many people as possible phoning in complaints. If you have a ipod and usb port, please call 800-331-4331 which is toyota customer care and enter a complaint. Tell them that this ipod interface is unacceptable. It is a long shot, but if enough complain, maybe they will fix it.

8. silentak1

silentak1 Since 2005

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    bump for a problem that has always bothered me...

9. robby818

robby818 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I think this must be a bug because I have used ipods in other Toyotas/Lexuses and they do not exhibit the same behavior. Case in point, my sister's Lexus IS350c, when you scroll down in the playlists the songs don't just start playing automatically.

A simple update would certainly fix this, but I have not been able to find information about any updates other than the DVD navigation updates. I think DVD updates only change/update the navigation settings and not the audio system.

I just read that Ford is issuing USB sticks to owners to fix the issues they are having with their Sync systems.

10. jc562

jc562 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    aw man i just got a prius yesterday this is not good news. oh well i dont even own an ipod so i guess i will stick to the usb flashdrive.

11. abqpete

abqpete Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    On my 2010 with NAV, updating my Nav software to 10.1 fixed the bug. It seems the disk has audio function updates in addition to mapping information.

Regards, Peter

1 person likes this.
  12. priora

priora Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Peter, how much did the Nav software update cost? Do you think it of value? Thanks.

13. abqpete

abqpete Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It was about $169 from my Toyota dealer. You can also find them on eBay. Look for Toyota Navigation Disk v10.1 U92. Of course the newest version is 11.1 U93.

1 person likes this.