1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPod MFD Integration Unit Group Buy

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Danny, Apr 24, 2006.

1. LurkAzusa

LurkAzusa Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Go to the first post in the thread for the signup link.

2. JanZtax

JanZtax New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LurkAzusa @ Jun 7 2006, 06:48 PM) [snapback]267631[/snapback]</div>

Thank you; that's helpful. I don't know what the RCA vs. 1/8" on the aux means. And am I understanding correctly that I can use all the iPod controls with the DICE unit?

3. LurkAzusa

LurkAzusa Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    RCA cables are those red and white plugs common to stereo/TV systems. 1/8" is a plug like a headphone plug that fits in the iPod.
    Yes, you can use all the iPod controls with the DICE unit.

4. jbeebe1

jbeebe1 New Member

Ok, I got signed up for the group buy....glad I made it in. :D

Does anyone have an update on the video cradle? Earlier Danny said that they weren't available yet for the Prius....does that mean the video cradle is proprietary to the car? Is it something that can be added on after I've received and installed the DICE unit?

Maybe I'm just getting ahead of myself... :rolleyes:

5. LurkAzusa

LurkAzusa Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I don't think the cradle is proprietary to the car. It can be added on later. It just replaces the cable that connects the DICE box to the iPod.

6. jbeebe1

jbeebe1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LurkAzusa @ Jun 7 2006, 10:28 PM) [snapback]267734[/snapback]</div>
    Great thanks!

7. AlphaTeam

AlphaTeam Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Oh this doesn't work with the 2006 with Nav yet???

I'll pass.

8. ttabbal

ttabbal New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LurkAzusa @ Jun 7 2006, 04:19 PM) [snapback]267515[/snapback]</div>

I seem to recall reading somewhere that everyone with a backup camera has the high-res screen. Mine certainly seems to fit the descriptions I've read on here. Is it a screen problem or a NAV problem? Has anyone tried it with a non-NAV 2006? I have everything except the NAV, will it work for me? If it's not known, I would be willing to test it, provided DICE will allow me to return the unit if it doesn't work and they are not able to provide a fix.

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    so... no response to my two requests on two separate pages eh?

10. Blegate

Blegate Prius Gen III 2013

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Dumb question- but when are these units going to be available? I signed up for this a month ago....
    Perhaps I need to read the fine writing........?

brian

11. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    It isn't that, they aren't ready to ship yet. I don't know if they're still working out the bugs or still gearing up to manufacture them.

12. Blegate

Blegate Prius Gen III 2013

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Jun 8 2006, 05:09 PM) [snapback]268286[/snapback]</div>
    Okay thanks for the info. I remember a date back in May so I thought I might have been forgotten.

Thanks again
    brian

13. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, they're still beta testing.. apparently with no firm shipping date given. I'm not sure how long this testing will last.

14. sgocken

sgocken New Member

Since they are not shipping yet, can the event end date be extended. I would really like to signup for the group buy.

Thanks

15. abjrjrm

abjrjrm New Member

XM Radio?? I don't want ths for the Idod, but to connect the Terk XMDirect to the system. I know it says it will handle sat radio thorugh the aux plug, but was that audio only? Will this work with the Terk and give me XM Radio text on the MDF? If so, it will cost me half the price of the Vais SLX. Thanks!

16. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just curious how do we know if we made it in the group buy? How will we be notified? I try following this thread but I missed a couple days and it jumped 5 pages. :p

17. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hi everyone. Sorry for not updating this thread lately. I've been waiting to hear back from the DICE folks as to the results of the beta units. Here is a message I received from them - have we had a 2006 owner have the problems they are describing?

"Here’s the only issue I see to date. Apparently the 2006 Prius has a slightly different head unit that doesn’t allow the text to display. I realize many of the people participating in the group buy will like have the 2006 model. If you think the masses would be okay with a kit with no text display for the 2006 then I could have the order ready by this Friday at the latest. What we desperately need is someone who could bring their 2006 into our shop so the techs can actually plug it into the computer and work with the code. Do you happen to know anyone in the southern California area who fits the bill? Any input from you at this point would be greatly appreciated."

PS - I've re-opened the RSVP for more reservations. Once the 2006 issue is dealt with, I'll open up ordering.

18. pre-cbs

pre-cbs New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Jun 9 2006, 02:11 PM) [snapback]268856[/snapback]</div>
    Where in SoCal are they located?

19. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pre-cbs @ Jun 9 2006, 06:35 PM) [snapback]268956[/snapback]</div>

Signal Hill.

20. JeffSchlichter

JeffSchlichter New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Jun 9 2006, 02:11 PM) [snapback]268856[/snapback]</div>

I offered my 2006 with nav several weeks ago for beta testing and didn't receive a reply....I live in Huntington Beach and drive by Signal Hill daily to work. I am offering again....please contact me! [email protected]