1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPod MFD Integration Unit Group Buy

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Danny, Apr 24, 2006.

1. BobR

BobR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Jul 5 2006, 12:14 AM) [snapback]281247[/snapback]</div>
    The SLI actually has Two GLIs, one for the iPod interface and one for the Aux-in. It isn’t just for the iPod interface.

2. silly

silly Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BobR @ Jul 5 2006, 12:19 PM) [snapback]281447[/snapback]</div>
    If anyone needs a Ground Loop Interrupter you might want to try one of the Radio Shacks that are closing (500 nationwide). I picked up two yesterday here in Jacksonville for $5 each. With my DICE I have no problem when I run my Sirius Starmate into the aux in. I also have an XM2go Pioneer Airware and that unit does have the audio interferrence. Not sure why one would have a problem and the other doesn't. I switch between the two by just turning one off and turning the other on.

3. mjohan

mjohan New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(silly @ Jul 5 2006, 08:46 AM) [snapback]281370[/snapback]</div>
    I have a 3G. It is this one:
    http://guides.macrumors.com/iPod_(3G)

However, we also have a ipod mini and I was testing both at the time. I am pretty sure I was using the 3G at the time but I may well have been testing that functionality on the mini. I will double check this evening and report back.

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Just to update everyone who is waiting on their DICE unit: Please keep in mind that this is a GROUP BUY. A certain number of units are ordered at a time in order to receive a group discount. This is not like ordering any other item off of the PriusChat Shop where the distributor ships out your order as received. I am currently waiting on a shipment of 35 more DICE units to ship out - hopefully that will cover 90% of the rest of you (I have to look at the actual #s to be sure). Please stop sending me angry emails asking where your DICE unit is. As soon as you receive a USPS shipment notification and your order is updated on the PriusChat Shop, your order HAS NOT SHIPPED. The shipment should be here tomorrow and I hope to have them shipped out Friday the 7th or Saturday the 8th.

Thank you for your continued patience with this Group Buy and I look forward to DICE fixing the unit to work with the 06 Prius so that I can use it in the brand new Prius I'm getting on July 16th!

5. silly

silly Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mjohan @ Jul 5 2006, 02:18 PM) [snapback]281534[/snapback]</div>
    Yes the 3G is what I have too. When I tested the 3G it did not FF or RW. I also tested a Nano and Video iPod and they both did the FF & RW. Can you double check this? If yours works it is possible that you have a newer firmware, mine is an original beta unit.

Thanks,

Bill

6. SparkyJ

SparkyJ New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm a little confused, maybe someone can confirm this -

The DICE for 2006 with Nav & CD player is still in beta & can't be ordered yet.

The orders everyone is talking about is for a model that works with earlier Priuses.

... um, right?

7. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    correct... us '06ers have to cool our heels for a bit more, unfortunately. I'm hoping they figure it out by the time my new bank sends me a my new, free!, iPod!

8. elbow

elbow New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LurkAzusa @ Jul 4 2006, 01:39 PM) [snapback]281098[/snapback]</div>
    Hmm, so if I interpret this correctly, it sounds like the DICE is mostly suited towards browsing through pre-definted playlists, rather than a substitute for the type of quick browsing you can do through the iPod's screen through an alphabetized list of all artists or albums? I also like to toggle the shuffle feature quite a bit, and switch between shuffle by song & shuffle by album. It sounds like it isn't optimal for this sort of browsing, that using the iPod's screen is still required for that?

9. LurkAzusa

LurkAzusa Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm not aware of any system available at this time that does quick browsing the way the iPod controls work. They mainly work on a playlist basis. You could always make one playlist that includes everything on your ipod and use that one to skip thru albums. Then add playlists by alphabetical artist. Or you may want to consider a dash mount for your iPod to use that for navigation. The song names, etc would still appear on the screen.

10. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SparkyJ @ Jul 5 2006, 02:00 PM) [snapback]281617[/snapback]</div>
    Correct, 2004-2005 to be exact.

11. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Jul 5 2006, 01:02 PM) [snapback]281593[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the update again Danny!

wow... so the group buy was supposed to be 50 and we're already up to 60 after the next shipment! nice...

12. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Apparently the video cradle for the iPod video is on pre-order!

13. chuckieland

chuckieland New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Jul 5 2006, 05:31 PM) [snapback]281637[/snapback]</div>
    so when is one for 2006 will come out?
    i don't have the JBL system, just basic option

14. aaf709

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chuckieland @ Jul 6 2006, 09:34 PM) [snapback]282421[/snapback]</div>
    That is still unknown at the moment.

15. JeffSchlichter

JeffSchlichter New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SparkyJ @ Jul 5 2006, 02:00 PM) [snapback]281617[/snapback]</div>
    DICE had my 06 (with navi) for 10 days last week and were unable to get it to fully function....Laszlo said he will have to order a chip with more memory. So I am hoping that he calls in a couple of weeks wanting the car again for testing.

He had the car the previous week and the unit had more functionality (I was able to use the steering wheel controls to move up and down the list....now I have to use the iPod to control all functions).

I also have an 06 Civic Hybrid and 06 Ridgeline and they both have the Honda iLink and I can say that they really stink....you have to scroll through a spoken alphabetical list to pick your music....it takes forever and half the time you don't get the correct album...then you have to start over.

So I am REALLY looking forward to the DICE system if they can get the on screen functionality!

Jeffrey Schlichter

16. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JeffSchlichter @ Jul 6 2006, 10:15 PM) [snapback]282442[/snapback]</div>

That's pretty much the last thing they need to work out is getting the text on screen - they think a 06 Lexus will hold the key. Anyone know a person with a 06 lexus LS that can be borrowed?

17. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    1) On DICE's web site sample Toyota installation sheet they mention that the Prius has 2 known limitations, footnoted as 1) & 2). Only 1) is defined: Not compatible with rear seat DVD equipped vehicles. What is limitation 2)?

2) Also, it says that if you have the XM radio installed (I do) a plug on the car radio that DICE needs will already be taken by the XM cable. It says this can be worked around by using "the optional Toyota Cable." Is this cable included in the package?

3) Will the installation pictures be Toyota-generic, as on the DICE site, or will there be specific Prius photos?

4) Will the DICE Aux Socket replace the 2006 glove-box Aux socket or will it work in parallel with it? Having two available Aux sockets, what will be selected when I push the Aux button on the radio panel, if I have something plugged into both? Will both of them be hot, just one, (is one of them by-passed in favor of the other?)

5) Any idea where the DICE unit will fit, allowing a good-looking i-Pod hookup without wires hanging all over the place?

Lots of questions, I know. But I think they apply generally.

Thanks,

Bob

18. LurkAzusa

LurkAzusa Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Not compatible yet with 2006 Prius models.

I believe the cable included has a flow thru, but you need to confirm it will work with XM

Not with the unit from DICE, but check out my post about a hidden installation. http://priuschat.com/Dension-DICE-Ipod-Int...ion-t21520.html

#4 - Don't know, I have a 2005.

19. aaf709

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Jul 7 2006, 01:56 PM) [snapback]282710[/snapback]</div>
    2) There's a "Y" cable that comes with the DICE. One end plugs into the radio and one goes to the DICE. The remaining plug connects to the XM connector.

3) Go to http://priuschat.com/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=3457 for installation instructions for the Prius. This is for the VIAS, but the information is the same.

4) I don't know, having a 2005. In that you have to have it on CD2 for the AUX to work, and even then you have to have it set to accept the AUX (as opposed to the iPod). I suppose if you have your AUX pressed on the panel it would work, and if you have the AUX activated on the DICE it would work. I wouldn't expect a conflict.

5) I have the DICE behind the A/C vent cover on the far right side. Plenty of cable for that. I don't have the iPod yet, but I've routed the wire so it'll sit in the glovebox. The unit is small enough to fit in many places.

20. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Just wanted to update everyone most of the latest shipment went out on Saturday via USPS Priority Mail. If you didn't receive a Delivery Confirmation #, check your spam folder for an email from USPS. All International Orders should go out today or tomorrow.

Thanks for everyone's patience with the Group Buy. Hopefully we'll be able to take orders for the 2006 in the near future!