1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPod MFD Integration Unit Group Buy

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Danny, Apr 24, 2006.

1. SparkyJ

SparkyJ New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It's been almost a month since there was any activity on this topic... did the units ever ship that were compatible with the '06 Priuses that have Nav & 6 CD?

2. Zarzoo

Zarzoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I would be interested in the 2006 compatibility too. I still don't know which of the IPOD MFD solutions are the best. People keep saying to "Search for other topics on the subject" but I after spending about an hour doing so, I am still confused. It seems that alot of people are having issues with the DICE unit, and that seems to be connected to which IPOD they have (ie Gen 3, 4, etc).

I have a 30gig Black Video Ipod (the one they are still selling in stores; I believe it is Gen 4).

Any assistance with this would be great!

Nick

3. ChubbCo

ChubbCo New Member

I installed the DICE unit about three weeks ago. Very simple clear instructions, and i threaded the cable under the carpet to the secret drawer. Good idea!

The sound is great and I'm glad I spent the money and the time.

But I'll be darned if I can figure out the difference between have it on Disk 2 or Disk 3, or how things work differently if it's set to ALBUM or PLAYLIST or whatever.

Has anyone posted a dimwit's guide to making the DICE unit easy to manipulate? I mean, the buttons work fine, but how do I control what their effects?

(And it's a pain that the TITLE screen only says ALBUM or PLAYLIST along with the title. Context is all. I wish DICE would fix that.)

Thanks to everyone for all the help.

Cotty

4. stacey

stacey ☆☆☆☆☆

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I too am still waiting to hear on the status of the DICE unit for the 2006. I was among the first people to get on the list when the group buy was announced yet there's been no recent updates that I can see. I'm almost content to just keep using the AUX jack, at least I know that works...

If anyone knows of the status, please let us 2006 owners know!

Stacey

5. pre-cbs

pre-cbs New Member

Yes, 2006!

c'mon Dan give us some info.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stacey @ Sep 15 2006, 12:16 PM) [snapback]320207[/snapback]</div>

6. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChubbCo @ Sep 5 2006, 08:27 PM) [snapback]314972[/snapback]</div>
    I'm not sure what you need to know. Pressing 1 changes songs withing a playlist, 2 changes playlist, 3 changes albums, 4 changes chapters and 5 changes between AUX and iPod (6 gives you info about the DICE). Use the buttons on the steering wheel to make any changes.

BTW, when you have it on button 1, you should see title, artist and album. Buttons 2-4 show the title and what that button controls.

7. ChubbCo

ChubbCo New Member

When you say "button 1", you mean choosing Disk 1 in the Audio screen?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Sep 15 2006, 03:14 PM) [snapback]320227[/snapback]</div>

8. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Still no word on 2006 integration. I'm waiting on this now, as well, since I have my new car.

I'll put another note into Dension to find out the latest.

Danny

9. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChubbCo @ Sep 15 2006, 01:23 PM) [snapback]320232[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, I meant to say them as D1, D2, D3 etc.

10. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I heard some great news this weekend from the folks at Dension. The DICE iPod Integration unit is now working for the 2006! Dension is requesting a couple of beta testers, preferably local to the Southern California area. They'd like for the beta testers to give the units a test run early this week and then hopefully we can start taking orders by the end of this week for all of those 2006 owners who have been waiting so long!

Please PM me if you'd like to be a beta tester, and I'll get you some info. Please keep in mind that if you want to beta test Dension would prefer that you are local to the SoCal area and are able to install the DICE unit within the next 2-3 days.

Danny

11. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks for all of the PMs for beta testers. I think we should be good to go for now. Dension was only requesting a couple of beta testers who had the Prius Navigation.

Also, according to Dension, this Prius iPod integration unit will be a PriusChat Exclusive for awhile, so you won't be able to find it anywhere else until our group buy is complete.

12. H2OSkier

H2OSkier Member

Danny,

Any idea if the model for the 06 will have any fixes for issues that were found by the 05 owners ? I've been trying to keep up on this product and it seemed like there were a few issues/improvements that the 05 owners were asking for.

Thanks for your time,

Ken

13. dzoutzidis

dzoutzidis New Member

Is it way too late to jump on the DICE group buy bandwagon? I mean... I know it was months ago that this was originally posted, but I've got a 2006 Prius so the unit wasn't even available until now right? I've got the Canadian basic package so no MP3 compatability and no Nav etc... I've been looking into getting the VAIS as it's supposed to be compatible with the 2006 and up until now the DICE wasn't but now I'm not sure.

Does anybody have any opinions on which one is better? Better integration, less problems etc...

How/when could I get a hold of a DICE unit?

Is this new 2006 compatible unit compatible with my 2006 basic package Canadian car?

Thanks

14. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The 2006 unit should include any firmware improvements that have been done since the original product was released, but I will have to check with Dension to find out what bug fixes were done for this firmware.

dzoutzidis - yes, the new 2006 compatible unit will work with your 2006 Canadian package. I know Tideland Prius got one for his 2004 Prius, and I haven't heard of any problems he ran into compared to the US version.

15. csciguy

csciguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Do you have to have navigation for this to work or for even the CoastalTech one? I have a 2006 Package #3. There isn't a 6CD Changer or navigation on it. It does play mp3 CD's and has AUX jack.
    Thanks

16. pre-cbs

pre-cbs New Member

Good News!

I got my 06 Beta unit today from Dension. It works great so far with My 06 package 8 w/Nav!

One important note - there are 2 sets of dip switches on the unit. The correct setting for the 06 is from the left - 1 up 2 down 3 up 4 up. This setting will give song text on the screen and steering wheel control. The beta manual did not say this, I had to call Dension and they told me.

I'll keep playing with it over the next few days and post up if there are any surprises.

17. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Sep 20 2006, 11:02 AM) [snapback]322353[/snapback]</div>
    2005 ;)

Actually, it's running quite well. I did have the MFD failure though and some fiddling around with the DICE unit seemed to have fixed it. It might not be related to DICE since the other radio connections are in there too. I'm using the AUX Input since the 05s don't have that feature on any package and I have a non-iPod mp3 player.

18. masto

masto New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Sep 19 2006, 05:03 PM) [snapback]321852[/snapback]</div>
    So how do we buy when it's out of beta? The signup appears to have been closed today. Did I miss it entirely?

19. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I'm guessing Danny will kick off the group buy once the beta is completed this weekend...

20. masto

masto New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Sep 21 2006, 02:12 PM) [snapback]322941[/snapback]</div>
    So if there's no chance of getting in the group buy now and this is a "PriusChat exclusive", how long until the rest of us can buy one?