1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPod MFD Integration Unit Group Buy

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Danny, Apr 24, 2006.

1. gracetaylor

gracetaylor New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Apr 28 2006, 10:47 PM) [snapback]247026[/snapback]</div>
    I haven't yet received my Prius from the dealership so, I am a bit nervous to start buying accessories for it, but don't want to miss out on this. Will this deal be offered again or extended? Do you know how low the price is so far? Also, is there a way to hide the iPod in your car so people don't see it and you just work it from your steering wheel?

2. priussafta

priussafta New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(H2OSkier @ Apr 29 2006, 11:13 PM) [snapback]247437[/snapback]</div>

Listening to audio books is the main reason I purchased my iPod. It's quite easy. Download an audio CD into iTunes, drag to the iTunes library, connect iPod to computer, Update your iPod. The newly installed tracks are now in the Playlist on your iPod. To remove them later, simply delete them from the iTunes library, and they'll be deleted from the iPod the next time you Update. Same for Podcasts. Audio books and podcasts show up in the playlist along with music albums (their nomenclature leaves a little to be desired). Simply select the audio book album and listen away. I have a Macintosh and don't have to do any conversions. I can't speak to whether anything else is required with a PC.

3. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hi-Bred @ May 21 2006, 08:31 PM) [snapback]259084[/snapback]</div>

Shuffle? Hmm. I can scroll though all the songs one at a time, but I have not found a way to shuffle from the display. I can however launch shuffle from the iPod itself. I'll play with this in the morning.

I know I promised pics. I'm having issues with my laptop. As in it's not here. And it's got my only SD card reader built into it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dutch in dallas @ May 21 2006, 10:51 PM) [snapback]259131[/snapback]</div>

You can hide the cable w/ the iPod attached anywhere you want. Right now it's sitting in my glove box but once I can get a final version I plan on sticking it in the middle compartment under the stereo or if I'm feeling brave I'll stick in into the armrest console.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(saftaleah @ May 21 2006, 11:21 PM) [snapback]259135[/snapback]</div>

I can't find Ken's post so I'll quote this instead.

You can control podcasts and audiobooks very easily. There's a built-in feature for this - you select disc 3 on your OSD (this is how it changes functions, I have pics later) and it will go to Audiobook control. You can use your steering wheel controls to change chapters, and the OSD to fast forward or back up.

4. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Haha, I found a SD card reader. I honestly didn't get very good pictures. I'll go back in and take some more of the various functions.

[​IMG]

Ok, so yes you have the song title on the display. It's going to look a little different in the final product, one thing is that all the info is currently displayed in the same line, with the same info displayed on the track/cd lines. That's going to change to show track title in the track line and CD name/Artist in the 2nd, CD title.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That one is a quick example of the mode change. The various disc buttons change the mode. One's for regular, track-by-track playback. Two's for Playlists (unlimited ammount) Three's for Audiobooks... and I can't remember what the rest are for. 6 does not have a function I believe yet.

[​IMG]

An example of playlist mode. This is what you see before you actually start to play something. Oh, and you can see audiobook titles as well.

[​IMG]

Finally the unit itself. This is not the finished product, so I can't tell you for sure what it will look like. There's no labeling on this box for instance, only version info on a label. To the right of the cable you can see the audio input peeking out. Standard 3.5 jack. Haven't played with it yet.

So, I have some suggestions for them and some bugs to point out on monday. And I'll get some more pics of the screen and it's various modes. If you all want to thank me for all my hard work and sacrifice of my car over the past few months, you can all chip in and buy me this:

[​IMG]

That'd be killer, thx.

PS: I have not heard back from my person who wants to donate their 06 to the cause, so I'm still looking for someone with an 06. If you can help, thank you and please send me a PM.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    hmm.. I read that pdf attached a few pages back on the manual and how it works. I'm a little confused about the settings and how to set up.

Also, so the picture with the 1-12 CD isn't playlist but modes?

6. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  7. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ May 22 2006, 02:03 PM) [snapback]259379[/snapback]</div>

You don't need to setup anything. I just pluged in my iPod and everything was straight forward.
    If you mean physical installation nothing's changed from the original ice-link. (I think, but then I can't see how it would change)

And yea, the playlist selection is controlled with the steering wheel. Not the 1-6 (7-12 are not highlighted right now) I can safely assume this is done so you get unlimited Playlist options.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ May 22 2006, 02:32 PM) [snapback]259388[/snapback]</div>

Yea, this is how mine is setup right now. The wording is alot different however.

8. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Damn, that first pic is the wrong one. I have another that isn't so washed out. I'll replace it later.

9. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ May 22 2006, 02:32 PM) [snapback]259388[/snapback]</div>
    ohh... so if I'm on 1 playlist, track 2 and I want to go to playlist 2, I go to disc 2 then press the seek/track button to change playlist?

10. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ May 22 2006, 04:14 PM) [snapback]259429[/snapback]</div>

Yes.

And if you want to stay in the same playlist, you select disc 1. You can then skip around in the same playlist.

11. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ahh... ok I get it now.

Too bad I don't have an iPod, just a non-Apple mp3 player. Great.

12. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ May 22 2006, 08:45 PM) [snapback]259549[/snapback]</div>
    Too bad. :( It would work for the Aux input, but that's about it.

13. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    yeah... exactly. <sigh> stupid iPod craze haha... with all due respect to iPod owners. I'll go get an iPod video once the price comes down.

14. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ May 22 2006, 10:48 PM) [snapback]259588[/snapback]</div>

Ah, but that's the kicker - when the next model comes out the current model evaporiates..... Crafty Apple marketing.

15. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    fine. I'll go get a used one or sth. I ain't spending $400 on an mp3 player even if it plays video. It's bad enough mine's $200...which dropped to $170 a month later.

16. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ May 22 2006, 11:46 PM) [snapback]259598[/snapback]</div>

heh. I know how you feel. You should see me and cell phones. I spend over a grand a year on phones.

17. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeesh. But you guys have more disposable income than we do. Your goods are, in general, cheaper too.

18. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ May 22 2006, 11:52 PM) [snapback]259603[/snapback]</div>

I write off all my phones on my taxes as work training related expenses. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Advantage of working in the mobile phone industry.

ANYWAY.

I gave them my car back. They're working on the stuff I reported to them from my drives over the weekend.

19. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    lol

ok. Hope things go well. So the group buy will be finalised after the beta testers report back eh?

20. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ May 22 2006, 11:59 PM) [snapback]259607[/snapback]</div>

That seems to be what Danny agreed to. I believe they're going to get the kinks out on my car before there is any beta test units shipped out.