1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ipod problems, please help a Noob !

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by wc724, Aug 24, 2011.

1. wc724

wc724 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've searched around in the forum but I'm unable to find any threads regarding the same problem I'm having.

I have a 2010 Prius 3 with Navi which has the USB and AUX port in the middle console. So i connected my ipod to the AUX and it plays fine, but when I connect the USB to the ipod, It shows a USB connection because it charges my ipod but I'm unable to control the USB tab on the screen. Giving that I have about 4000-5000 songs on my Ipod, does it take awhile for the songs to load up to the system ? I have a ipod classic that's about 7-8 years old if that matters. So i'm wondering is it just the system trying to absorb all the songs from the ipod or is actually not working, because everytime I turn on the car, the screen says DO NOT DISCONNECT and i'm assuming that the system is trying to read the ipod. PLEASE SHED SOME LIGHTS !

2. skeptic1

skeptic1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm having the same problem, though I find it hard to believe there isn't an existing thread that answers this. Hoping we can BOTH find out. I know my Ipod is generation I, cause it's the old white one, and the owners manual says all the "classic" ipods work. I'm just assuming the problem is that I am using a knockoff cable and not a genuine Apple cable (don't know if that is the reason). But while we are waiting for the answer, you should post the model of IPOD and also check the owners manual. You should have received a small pamphlet, in addition to all the other books, which details exactly which models of IPOD work with the 2010 prius 3. Let me know if you solve it!

3. Sofakingcopter

Sofakingcopter New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I had several issues with my ipod video 80 gig. If I shut the car off it would not automatically reconnect. I ended up replacing it with a broken ipod touch. The touch works fine. I think its just that the older iPods dont work to that well with the newer Prius. The older iPods have to be ejected so it can shut the hard drive down properly. Thats probably why you see that warning. I ended up making a bunch of playlists because it would take forever to try and scroll through to find a song. I think the best fix is get a new ipod. :(

4. wick1ert

wick1ert Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    i just use my ipod touch, but i got the Prius before they added the USB port to it. I don't want to spend lots of $$ to get the iPod interface, either. Then again, I only do that for drives over 30 mins otherwise I listen to the radio.

5. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  6. mobyhead

mobyhead New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have successfully used, via the USB port, the following models of iPods/iPhones and have been able to control them with the NAV system: iPod Nano 1st Generation, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4.

1 person likes this.