1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPod question

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by aaf709, Apr 20, 2006.

1. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    This is a question to those who have iPods, whether or not they're used in the Prius.

In my last car I had a built-in CD/MP3 player which I would use to listen to audio books. With the 2005 Prius, I need to use a portable CD/MP3 player and a cassette adapter. I would like to go away from that and use maybe an iPod with a Vais. Here's the question.....sometimes I don't finish a chapter. How can I go back to that spot? Am I able to fast forward to where I left off, or will only be able to jump to the next chapter (assuming each chapter is a different MP3 file)? I understand I could with iBooks, but this is a file I'm loading myself.

Thanks in advance!

2. Maytrix

Maytrix Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I haven't used any audio books on my ipod, but I can tell you that the vais unit only recognizes playlists. So unless you've converted your audio book and put it in a playlist, you won't even be able to access it. Same goes for podcasts.

Now, assuming you can work around the above, what I can tell you is that when you shut off the car, it will come back to the same spot. It will also come back to the same spot if you go to radio or some other input. So, as long as you don't remove the ipod from the car or play anything else on it, it shouldn't be that hard to do.

Otherwise, if you do lose your place, you can always fast foward.