1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

IPOD Question

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by victor, Mar 8, 2005.

1. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, & Drapanos, Crete, G
    I just got my wife an Ipod for her birthday, and I am very impressed with it. So much so, Im thinking of getting one for myself.

Can you dock 2 ipods to 1 copy of I tunes, or will itunes get confused?

Is it worth going for the ipod photo over the classic ipod (other than bigger HD)?

Any rumors of new versions coming out?

Thanks

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The answer is yes what platform are you using?

3. SyZyGy

SyZyGy New Member

The I-Pod Photo is completely worthless. Imagine with me for a sec. Imagine you trying to view a big picture of your car on a tiny cell phone screen. It's absolutely worthless. You can't even see much detail. My bro's friend has one and he's completely disappointed with it. Its nice to have a picture on your Ipod, but why pay $100 more for a crappy picture thats tiny. Stick with the normal I-Pod. If you don't believe me, then go buy one and see for yourself.

4. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, & Drapanos, Crete, G
    @hydrygas: Thanks, I am using XP at the moment, but looking to go MAC when I next need to change my systems (in a year or so I guess).

SyZyGy: Isnt that a bit of an exageration "completely worthless" ? I realise the picture side of its no use, butl If I could plug in my DSLR and download the pictures then view them that would be ok. The main attraction of the ipod photo is the 60Gb HD, the classic has only 20GB.

@all: anyone know if there is a bigger classic due soon?

5. ALoLA

ALoLA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have a first generation iPod and an iPod shuffle. I have both of them, as well as my mom's iPod mini, connected to the same installation of iTunes on my iMac. All three have different syncing requirements and playlists. No problems.

As for the iPod photo, it's really meant for a quick review of photos. You could output to a TV if you want a bigger view. :) Personally, I'll probably wait since I'm good with what I got, but I was seriously tempted to get the one that's available in the Sale section of the online Apple Store. $379 for a 40 GB iPod photo, which comes with both USB and Firewire cables, adapter, and dock.

6. SyZyGy

SyZyGy New Member

7. SyZyGy

SyZyGy New Member

Ohh yea, and the classic comes with 40 Gb also.

8. CitizenjaQ

CitizenjaQ New Member

There are products from other companies that combine an MP3 player, portable hard drive and media card readers so you can take the card out of your camera, stick it in and copy the photos. They're stupidly hard to find for some reason, though, so I can't vouch for the quality of any of them in particular:

Froogle search

9. saechaka

saechaka Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SyZyGy\";p=\"70674)</div>
    i wouldn't say it's worthless. i've had both and prefer the ipod photo. i actually thought pictures were pretty stunning for the unit. quality was excellent. color interface is definetely more appealing. whereas the plain black and white interface is just boring. but it really depends on what your looking for. i would say it's not worth the retail price but the 30gb around $300 is a very good price. luckily i got my 60gb ipod photo at 40% off retail when it first came out.

10. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, &amp; Drapanos, Crete, G
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SyZyGy\";p=\"70942)</div>
    Unfortunatly not in my market area, only 20Gb for the classic. Our options are:

iPod 20Gb Euro 299
    iPod mini 4GB Euro 199 or 6Gb Euro 249
    iPod photo 30Gb Euro 359 60GB Euro 449
    iPod shuffle 512Mb Euro 99 1Gb Euro 149
    iPod U2 20Gb Euro 359

11. Brian

Brian Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have an iPod Photo, and love it. I think its worth every penny. Having the ability to have album art is awesome. I take a lot of pictures and put them onto my iPod photo. All of my friends love it too. Its nice to be talking about a trip or something and pull this out and show the pics from it.

12. SyZyGy

SyZyGy New Member

A pocket pc is better for that. HP also makes a bluetooth headphone thingy that goes around the back of your head and can be plugged in to recharge. I have an HP ppc and I love it, its a hp5555. Worth every hard earned penny.

13. Eug

Eug Swollen Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Technology
    However, the album art is awesome for music playback, and the screen is much nicer. The space will also be very useful for image tank purposes for the photo types. Also, there is a video out for viewing pictures on a TV if you're into that.

And this is coming from someone who has a monochrome iPod mini.

Except that with Apple's new $29 USB adapter, you don't need to go to a computer first to view the pix on the iPod photo's screen. (You do need to though to view them on a TV.) That's enough for a quick visual verification of transferred photos.

Well, I have zero use for a PDA these days. My iPod mini and phone have replaced PDAs, for my usage.