1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

IPod titles on my information screen

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Pietro, Oct 23, 2007.

1. tkil

tkil New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Oct 24 2007, 02:21 PM) [snapback]529902[/snapback]</div>
    You have a disturbingly long memory. :)

Order placed and shipped, now to see if I can sneak install it into the wife's RAV4 in time for her bday/anniversary. :)

Thanks again for the great resource you've given us in PriusChat!

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brighamwj @ Oct 26 2007, 08:51 PM) [snapback]531006[/snapback]</div>
    Once the iPod froze and would not turn off or play or do anything. Plugging it into iTunes and getting the latest software solved that.

3. tkil

tkil New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tkil @ Oct 29 2007, 09:50 PM) [snapback]532302[/snapback]</div>
    It's installed and is working for basic stuff. She loves it; due to various coincidences, she had started using her iPod heavily again just a week or two ago, and I surprised her with the unit yesterday, so that worked out beautifully. :)

Having said that, I've already run into one quirk. Her RAV4 head unit is a 6-disc in-dash changer with MP3/WMA capability, and it does display the text from the iPod -- but I can't seem to get to the setting that would enable scrolling. The Dice manual has some flowcharts, but I can't get any "CH001" type things to show up. (I can get the firmware revisions, which is where I think I'm supposed to be, but the track up/down buttons don't do anything. I'm using CDC mode, if it matters.)

And this is now far afield for Priuschat; I ordered a unit for my own car (the actual Prius in the family!) but it is from Santa so I don't get to play with it for another month or so. If anyone happens to know the answers, I'd love to hear them -- but if not, she's quite happy with the functionality she does have, and I'll follow up with Dice directly when I have more time.

Thanks again!

4. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tkil @ Nov 23 2007, 12:16 AM) [snapback]543150[/snapback]</div>
    It won't scroll in CD mode, only in SAT mode. This is due to Toyota's design - I'm assuming you don't have navi in the RAV4.

5. tkil

tkil New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Nov 23 2007, 09:51 AM) [snapback]543227[/snapback]</div>
    You're correct, there's no navigation in the RAV.

I guess I was hoping that the Dice unit could "fake" scrolling by just pushing (or being polled?) and send gradually shifting text. Oh well... she's still happy enough to have the integration she does have. Thanks for letting us know what is up, though. :)