1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

IPOD Touch streaming music ?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by in-control, Apr 4, 2012.

1. in-control

in-control Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

I have a new 2012 Prius 2 and connected my IPOD touch ok but it does not show me all the content on the device or give me options to play by artist etc. Is that what you are seeing? It is acting like a wireless device that needs to be controlled @ the device and not the car Audio system.

:eek:

2. Davidgr

Davidgr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have a 2011 Prius IV with Nav and Sunroof. My iPhone works the same way as your iPod Touch when I connect via Bluetooth. I can only use my iPhone to control the music, search by artist, etc. However, when I connect my iPhone via USB cable then I can control my Turn off signatures in Tapatalk the Navi controls. Kind of inconsistent!

3. Gilbert

Gilbert Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three

hmm i just picked up my 2012 yesterday and im sure i could control tracks wirelessly on my iphone4. ill try again to make sure, also could choose the category by artist, song and other stuff in the car nav screen.

one thing that is pissing my off is the automatic play of music when i connected it thru the cable (and car is already on, does not play automatically when phone is connected before car is turned on)

4. Gilbert

Gilbert Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    nope, guess i was wrong, i can only control next/previous track, but i cannot see any info about artist/track selection like i can with the cable....

5. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Plug your iPod in via USB and you'll have full on-screen control.

IPOD functionality will not work via BT

6. Matt M.

Matt M. Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yes, to see what you're looking for (lists of playlists, albums, artists, etc.) you have to plug the ipod into the USB port.