1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

iPod USB interface mod for 2010 prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by mbucklein, Jun 26, 2009.

1. annmariejones

annmariejones Elsea 2010

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Ok this whole IPOD interface is confusing for me. I just got my 2010 V Prius and the dealer installed the Ipod cable. (before I read this chat and it not working....) Well I plugged in my Ipod and could hear not only my ipod but the sat radio station as well...at the same time. So the Sat. Radio, for me, didn't stop.

Also, and I'm thinking this is due to the Ipod cable, When running the Sat radio...the top menu bar keeps blinking on and off...and the channel never shows anything but CH0000 at the top right.

Plus any preprogramed channels on Sat 1 2 and 3 don't show up on the button until one of those buttons on whichever screen is up is selected.

Is all this due to the Ipod cable being installed and not being compatible with the Sat Radio?

I've already planned to have it (the ipod cable) taken out of my car and installed on my son's 2007 Prius and I figured it would be just easier to use the Aux cable. Less headaches.

1 person likes this.
  2. rtraver

rtraver New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My local Toyota dealer told me on Saturday that they have a new iPod interface kit that they received a couple of weeks ago, and it no longer requires disabling the Satellite Radio to install it. I am looking at purchasing a 2010 Prius with the full bluetooth and navigation package, and having them add this iPod interface, assuming that it will allow complete control from dash and steering wheel controls, and show artist/song on display. I don't much care about Satellite radio, so my only concern is how much this new kit might compromise the iPod experience to preserve the SatRadio.

3. WesleyRen

WesleyRen New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    This thread is really helpful on the iPod/iPhone interface kit. I was thinking to get one, but will wait until they fix all the compatibility issues with XM.
    At the mean time, has anyone actually installed the kit (him/herself)? Or doesn't anyone know if it's easy to install? Is there a place I can find instruction on that?

Thanks.

4. pnutty

pnutty New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Does anyone have a shot of the Screen while the Ipod is connected? I'd like to see the menu options for the ipod controls :)

5. nullxposur

nullxposur Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Second that. I'm curious to see how different it is than the Dice version to see if it's worth twice the price. =)

6. pnutty

pnutty New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Do u happen to have a picture of this?

7. dbz

dbz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Should also add the additional info that it does not work on the iPhone as mbucklien stated.

8. garygid

garygid Senior Member - Blizzard Pearl

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Somebody reported a PT233-47100 part number for the USB kit,
    different from the P# pictured and mentioned above.
    Which is correct?