1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Iran Capable of Making a Nuclear Bomb within 16 days

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by malorn, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Mirza

Mirza New Member

EDIT: I'm done with discussing politics... Mystery Squid can rejoice!

2. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Apr 14 2006, 10:28 AM) [snapback]239765[/snapback]</div>
    I may be wrong, but I have just not seen any evidence supporting the oil arguement..... what we get from there is a tiny percent and it would be foolish to pay such a big price to guard interest in oil alone.
    If thats your arguement, I would like to interject Israel.

We have vowed to protect Israel and when we were hit ourselves and Bin Ladin was believed to be harbored there, it gave us the excuse we had been looking for for 20 years to finally do something about Saddams rampage.

This being strongly a christian nation, we have historically vowed protection for Israel.
    There has always been an understanding that those who blessed and protected Israel would be protected, and the nations that cursed them would be cursed.
    Interesting.. if you look at everyone of Isreals enemies, they live in a desert, while Israel blossoms.. they have the richest juicyest fruits, vegetables etc and that only started since thier occupation.

If you take Israel out of the equation, then all we have is fear that terrorist will accomplish nuclear abilities and blackmail the world.
    If they already use any means they can do blackmail, there is no reason to believe Nukes will be any different.
    They are also finding tons of WMD's over there that is not getting much publication "wonder why?" but WMD's is a minor excuse for taking out Saddam.... there is still a long list. The list still remains.

3. talonts

talonts VFAQman

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 14 2006, 02:05 PM) [snapback]239815[/snapback]</div>
    Really? They've found WMD?

Do you really think that if we had found WMD by now, Dubya wouldn't have rubbed it in the face of every nation and person that he could?

Where is your proof?

4. Mirza

Mirza New Member

5. Mirza

Mirza New Member

6. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Apr 14 2006, 08:45 PM) [snapback]239950[/snapback]</div>
    :rolleyes: ...just when I thought I've seen all the Bush hating angles, a new one appears.... :lol:

7. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(finally_got_one @ Apr 13 2006, 11:28 AM) [snapback]239252[/snapback]</div>
    My understanding is that a dirty bomb can be made with low grade radiological medical waste. They only need the enriched uranium for a nuclear weapon ... the big boom thing.

I still don't think our intelligence sources are good enough to justify another military incursion. Let the Europeans handle this one.

8. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(talonts @ Apr 14 2006, 05:00 PM) [snapback]239930[/snapback]</div>

There has already been quite a bit of discussion about this on this forum, but if you simply search google.. you can read your heart out..
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=wmds+...G=Google+Search

I wouldn't call anything I read on the web or newspaper "proof", but its all we have.

Iraq and all the Arabs are from Ishmaels decendents... there will eternally be emnity between Israel and the seed of Ishmael.. its been prophisied so.
    There is such an intense gulf between thier hearts that there will never be a resolution until one is eradicated.
    Iran and its kin will never be happy until tiny Israel is destroyed off the planet... thier hate is too deep to co-exist with them on the same planet.

This goes back much farthur than who has the most oil.

9. hybridTHEvibe

hybridTHEvibe New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 15 2006, 01:27 AM) [snapback]240062[/snapback]</div>
    Windstrings,

Read your heart out
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=no+wm...G=Google+Search
    you were joking, right?

"I wouldn't call anything I read on the web or newspaper "proof", but its all we have"
    So you give us a "proof" from the web and then you state that it's not a "proof", could you not be a bit more contradictory?

10. hybridTHEvibe

hybridTHEvibe New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 15 2006, 01:27 AM) [snapback]240062[/snapback]</div>
    This time, I would like to see a quote from a Bible that says so.
    I would like to know which Bible you are quoting from, the name of the publisher and the date.
    Please provide the info, thank you.

11. Mirza

Mirza New Member

12. dsunman

dsunman New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 15 2006, 12:22 AM) [snapback]240047[/snapback]</div>
    I didn't know that in English language 'hating' has the same meaning as 'questioning' or 'critiquing'

Even though I might dislike some of your posts, that doesn't mean I hate you, does it?

Give it a rest with this labeling of 'HATE' will you?

;)

13. marjflowers

marjflowers New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Does anyone but me find it ironic that the only country to actually use the nuclear bomb is US?

Peace --

14. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hybridTHEvibe @ Apr 15 2006, 04:22 AM) [snapback]240104[/snapback]</div>

Its the only proof me or you have.... have you gone over thier yourself and read thier minds and hearts?....

For all we know there is no war, no Iraq or Iran.. how do you know it really exist?

Aren't you dependent upon what you read and hear?....

some folks won't believe fat meat is greasy..... what kind of proof would you like? and where are you getting the information for your beliefs?

15. hybridTHEvibe

hybridTHEvibe New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 16 2006, 02:13 AM) [snapback]240432[/snapback]</div>
    So what Bible are you quoting from???????? Publisher, Date?

16. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
  17. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hybridTHEvibe @ Apr 16 2006, 04:51 AM) [snapback]240462[/snapback]</div>
    King James, and the publisher and date doesn't matter, it doesn't change from publisher to publisher like normal books or the "Koran" that alters its prophesy to fit what happened.

The Ishmael thing started way back with Abrahan, Isaac, Jacob and Esau.... I'll give you the mains starting points and you'll have to track the lineage, but Esau tracks to Ishmael's and Ishmael seed tracks tracks to Persia and the Arabs.

(Rom 9:10 KJV) And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;

(Rom 9:11 KJV) (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)

(Rom 9:12 KJV) It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

(Rom 9:13 KJV) As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

(Gen 17:18 KJV) And Abraham said unto God, O that Ishmael might live before thee!

(Gen 17:19 KJV) And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.

(Gen 17:20 KJV) And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.

(Gen 17:21 KJV) But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.

Abraham got ahead of God and tried to help out by going to bed with his handmaiden to fullfill Gods promise to give him seed that would become a mighty nation of promise.... unfortunately, He got ahead of God and God still gave him a child Isaac, or which was the promised seed.

Normally the "firstborn" gets the lineage and that was Ishmael, but it wasn't God's plan... Because Abraham "created and Ishmael" , we now have this trouble.

Ishmael has always been bitter for not betting the birthright, as it was given to Isaac, of whos seed is Israel.

There has always been this contention and always will be.

Ishamael was always a kiniving cheater and still is today.

18. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 16 2006, 07:51 PM) [snapback]240707[/snapback]</div>
    Huh?? Wait a minute. How does one "get ahead" of God?

19. hybridTHEvibe

hybridTHEvibe New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 16 2006, 10:51 PM) [snapback]240707[/snapback]</div>
    you seem to be taking the quoted verses literally, at least in most of your posts were applicable. Not to be confrontational, how would you respond then to the fact that the Bible you are quoting from is a translation of a translation were individual words could have been mistranslated.

"Many scholars working with Greek, Aramaic, and Hebrew versions regard the KJV as a questionable version of the Bible. They postulate that its interest lies chiefly in making the language poetic or streamlined and is done at the cost of accuracy in translation. Futhermore, it is a translation of a translation, rather than a re-examination of all available fragments of scripture used to produce a translation that is closer to the original languages of the Bible. Because of the lack of recent linguistic work, the KJV is regarded as a poor representation of the original Scripture. Many of today's leading exegetes (Elizabeth Achtemeier, Walter Brueggemann, Marcus Borg, James L. Crenshaw, Robert W. Funk, Luke Timothy Johnson, John Dominic Crossan, and N.T. Wright) do not endorse the KJV for Masters or Doctoral-level exegetical work."

20. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Begreen @ Apr 16 2006, 07:58 PM) [snapback]240708[/snapback]</div>

If you give up waiting for the promise of God and do your own thing, you are getting ahead of God instead of being patient and waiting for his plan to follow through.

Abraham waited I believe almost 6o years or so and no son,.. he started fearing his wife could not have a baby anymore since she was getting very old... he conferred with is wife how it may be a good Idea to have a baby with his handmaiden "hagar"
    (Gen 16:3 KJV) And Sarai Abram's wife took Hagar her maid the Egyptian, after Abram had dwelt ten years in the land of Canaan, and gave her to her husband Abram to be his wife.
    (Gen 16:15 KJV) And Hagar bare Abram a son: and Abram called his son's name, which Hagar bare, Ishmael.

(Gen 17:17 KJV) Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?

(Gen 17:18 KJV) And Abraham said unto God, O that Ishmael might live before thee!

(Gen 17:19 KJV) And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.

(Gen 17:20 KJV) And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.

(Gen 17:21 KJV) But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.