1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Iran Capable of Making a Nuclear Bomb within 16 days

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by malorn, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't think there is any "getting ahead" of an omnicient presence. Whatever or whomever she may be.

2. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Begreen @ Apr 17 2006, 08:57 AM) [snapback]240918[/snapback]</div>

That would only be true if the omnicient presence exercised his omnipotent power against you.. but he gives you choices. Many of us miss our 1st devine calling by making our own choices. God has a way of showing other roads to the same place or even opening us ways where there were none before, but sometimes we just miss our calling. God still loves us, we still have salvation and all that available to us, we just missed what we could have been in God and did second or third best.

(Acts 14:16 KJV) Who in times past suffered all nations to walk in their own ways.

God will put someone else in or raise up another person to take your role on this earth if you refuse your gift and calling.

If God used his omnicience and omnipotence to do as he wills, we would be mere puppets.

What God does do, is excectute his Word. He speaks a purpose to be accomplished and when working with men who are allowed choices, this spirit strives and works with men until its done through a willing vessel.

Sometimes Gods plan is delayed... but that too is part of his plan because He's the God over time too.

We think in our limited terms and it's tough to deal with and understand the latitude God has.

(Job 34:21 KJV) For his eyes are upon the ways of man, and he seeth all his goings.

God can get what he wants done and still give us choices... and if He wills it, He can even get it done in the exact time frame he wants without violating our free choice.

His spirit moves on one man and he is used as a vessel of honor, another is used as a vessell of dishonor.. "like Pharoh or Saul"..... God is sovereign and he has the "right" to do as he wills and he still does it without violating his own principles.

(2 Sam 7:14 KJV) I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:

(2 Sam 7:15 KJV) But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.

God, don't let your mercy lift off the the United States!.....

What you see happening on this Earth that is blamed on God "Acts of God",... hurricaines etc are not instigated by Him... but some can be too.

There are other powers at play here too on this earth.... some constantly step out of thier legal bounds by stealing rights from others to do thier own bidding.

Much of the suffering you see is because people don't know what thier weapons in the spirit realm are and how to use them... they are easy prey..... yet in all of that God still affords a limited amount of damage to get to them so that they have a chance to see the light some day.
    Even those who don't know God and even defy him in thier arrogance are protected by God until they find him....

If God removed his protection from the earth if would be dissolved instantly because that what hate does...

You ask then why doesn't God protect us "fully" so not harm at all can enter in?
    Then there would be no "pricks" to drive us to God.

(Acts 9:5 KJV) And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

(Rom 11:33 KJV) O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

A bit of Irony... He says to seach him and know his ways, yet there is a limit to what He will reveal of himself at a given time and a limit to "who" He will reveal it based on His intimacy with them.

God has the mystical way of revealing Himself to one person while the person next to them may be blind to him.

(2 Ki 6:17 KJV) And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

3. Cameron

Cameron New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(malorn @ Apr 13 2006, 11:14 AM) [snapback]239138[/snapback]</div>
    It may take longer than 15 days but why not try a little peace? Feed the poor, heal the sick, good Christian values. Not bombs and threats of war. Stop stealing their oil and maybe they'll chill out.

4. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cameron @ Apr 18 2006, 08:55 PM) [snapback]241906[/snapback]</div>

I respect attempts at having peace instead of war, but once it becomes obvious they are hell bent for war, prolonging a first strike only weakens your position and places you vulnerable to them.

When a bully picked on you at school..... as long as you tried to negotiate and work out peace what did he do?
    Thats right!... it got worse!.....

Once your realize your dealing with a bully and a terroist, and a tyrant, its best to take first strike, not play patticake with them until they destroy you.

5. dsunman

dsunman New Member

Here we go again, some here advocating removal of tyrants, while Condi shakes hand with one of the worst tyrant one can imagine in Africa.

By Al Kamen
    Monday, April 17, 2006; A11

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will do whatever it takes to smack the nuke-happy Iranians around.

Last week, reporters were told there would be no remarks -- thus no reason to stake out -- a meeting she was having Wednesday with Equatorial Guinean President Teodoro Obiang Nguema.

Obiang, a somewhat unsavory and corrupt character who seized power in a 1979 coup, runs a regime regularly condemned by the State Department for human rights violations, including torture, beatings, abuse and deaths of prisoners and suspects. He's gotten as much as 97 percent of the vote in recent elections, he told CBS's "60 Minutes" a while back, but that was because "there is no one left in the opposition."

Human rights groups and, we hear, folks inside the State Department, were beside themselves that Rice would meet with what one advocate called "one of the most brutal, most corrupt and unreconstructed dictators in the world." (We would opt for the lunatic Kim Jong Il, but let's not quibble.)

Well, at least the meeting wouldn't attract all that much press attention, given that there was only to be a photo-op.

But then Iran announced it had begun enriching uranium and Rice needed a forum -- though perhaps not one specifically arranged to make the United States appear to be scrambling -- to respond.

So reporters were alerted to stand by at the Obiang meeting. Rice appeared with our pal Obiang, even called him "a good friend," then said she would take "one question" from reporters. Of course that question would be about Iran, giving Rice the opening to take a whack at Tehran.

And Obiang certainly went home happy.

Washington Post

6. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 19 2006, 01:56 AM) [snapback]241965[/snapback]</div>
    +1,000,000

Precisely the core philosophy most ardent, irrational Bush-bashers can't (or don't want to) comprehend...

7. Mirza

Mirza New Member

EDIT: I'm done with discussing politics... Mystery Squid can rejoice!

8. finally_got_one

finally_got_one New Member

My two cents....

If North Korea launched an nuclear tipped missle towards the United States, it would have to fly over parts of China and Russia. They probably wouldn't like that. I suspect that the nuclear weapons thing is being used by North Korea to try to bribe other countries for more $$$. Still, I agree that they shouldn't have weapons-grade material.

Iran, on the other hand, would probably not launch at the US but at Israel. If Iran launched at the US, the missle would fly over Russia (if it went the polar route) or the EU. In either case, Iran would be in big trouble if it launched, if not from the US. As far as wanting Nuclear Energy, I dont buy it...unless they want to go after India...but I doubt it. In any case, Iran shouldn't have weapons-grade material, either.

9. Cameron

Cameron New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Apr 19 2006, 12:56 AM) [snapback]241965[/snapback]</div>
    Who's hell bent on war?

Not striking first makes us weak?

Who's the bully here?

Yikes, you're freek'n me Windstrings. :unsure: