1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Iran's Holocaust Conference

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Black2006, Dec 12, 2006.

1. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Dec 15 2006, 10:45 AM) [snapback]362748[/snapback]</div>
    Lets run through this. We gave them jobs and an economy with open access to the Israeli economy and they treated us to suicide bombers. We gave them open access to Israeli universities and schooling - and they bombed that too. We gave them back Gaza - and since then the have launced over 1,000 rockets into Israel.

They in that same time have given Israel what as a peace offering.

In their schools they teach hate, death to the Jews - they give their children guns and fake dynamite belts, they name their streets and schools after homocide bombers.

What do I think they want in return for peace? They want the Jews dead and gone and all of Israel for themselves.

Your turn.

2. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Dec 15 2006, 11:33 AM) [snapback]362770[/snapback]</div>
    You also did not comment on my prior post.

3. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Dec 15 2006, 01:33 PM) [snapback]362770[/snapback]</div>
    Gee, that's some peace offering....

It's pretty much like, "Hey, I'll let you in my back yard for the bbq, you can come in my house and use the bathroom, watch a movie, use the computer, and sleep in the GUEST bedroom..."

I wouldn't subject myself to that BS either to tell you the truth...

4. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Dec 15 2006, 02:44 PM) [snapback]362822[/snapback]</div>
    No, I didn't. I'm not familiar, nor really interested, in the finer historical points, and there isn't a need to either. The most important question to ask, is one I've brought up more than once, and this time Mr. Allen does too: "What drives someone to strap on explosives and run into some crowded area?", along with various other details, and it paints a picture. Further, and I've mentioned this before, what's more bothersome is how this pissing match is dragging a fair amount of the world with it. Being allied with Israel brought 9/11 to us. As I've also said, echoed by others on this board, and probably millions of others, "A plague on BOTH your houses" is a phrase that's starting to wear in on people's minds. Basically, how much more shi at is the world going to take because of, in essence, two little boys going at it for sandbox supremacy? Heck, if it weren't for the resultant radioactive fallout, for all I care, unfortunately, you two could go nuts until you either worked it out, or there's no one left to work it out. Or the 2nd coming of Christ, Moshiach, or whomever appears, and HOPEFULLY, settles everything...

IMHO of course...

5. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Dec 15 2006, 01:59 PM) [snapback]362868[/snapback]</div>
    Your final solutions to prevent that from happening again?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Dec 15 2006, 01:41 PM) [snapback]362860[/snapback]</div>
    Give it a shot. What have they offered for peace with Israel. You minimize what Israel has done - so name ONE thing the Palestinians have done?

6. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Dec 15 2006, 02:24 PM) [snapback]362876[/snapback]</div>
    The answers are self-evident ....

7. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bob Allen @ Dec 14 2006, 11:11 AM) [snapback]362309[/snapback]</div>
    Still inaccurate. There has always been a Jewish presence in what the Romans renamed Palestine, even after they exiled the majority of the Jews to the diaspora. Jews have continuously lived in the land under the Roman, Byzantine, Ottoman and British empires' rules. The British ruled Palestine under a mandate from the League of Nations in the aftermath of the First World War. Modern day return of the Jews to the homeland started in the late 1800s, when the Ottomans still ruled; they, in case you forgot, were Muslims.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bob Allen @ Dec 14 2006, 11:11 AM) [snapback]362309[/snapback]</div>
    Wrong again.

8. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Sunday, December 17:

60 Minutes - Revisiting The Horrors Of The Holocaust Millions Of Nazi Documents Are Being Made Available To The Public

[Excerpts]

9. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Dec 16 2006, 07:19 AM) [snapback]363090[/snapback]</div>
    Do you think this will matter? Perhaps we need more study to determine if this really happened, or a study to show why 17.5 million victims could not be represented by 50 million pages, OR that the shelving cannot be 16 miles in length because the building's too small, OR that the documents were forged by industrious Jews who are today hiding their family members the world thinks are "dead".

There is more proof of the holocaust than there is of American slavery. And yet we entertain idiots and fools who want to present us with "time studies" and "American Imperialism" to show it never happened.

10. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
  11. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Dec 18 2006, 12:33 PM) [snapback]363810[/snapback]</div>
    What % voted for him?? And i do not think this is a general presidential election so he is still in power and will be until he wants to leave.

12. MegansPrius

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Dec 18 2006, 01:58 PM) [snapback]363821[/snapback]</div>
    No. Believe or not, Iranians actually vote for their President. He was not up for election in this week's election (he serves a maximum of two four year terms, per their constitution); the analogy is closer to what President Bush just suffered, where his party was rebuked by having its members defeated in an election.

From http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/world/AP-Iran-Elections.html
    >>''Early results show that Mr. Ahmadinejad's list has suffered a decisive defeat nationwide,'' the Islamic Iran Participation Front, the largest reformist party, said in a statement. ''It is a big 'no' to the government's authoritarian and inefficient methods.''

The pro-reformist newspaper Etemad-e-Melli said in an editorial: ''The most important message of Friday's vote was that the people have chosen moderation and rejected extremism.''

A freelance Iranian journalist of reformist sympathies, Iraj Jamshidi, described the vote as ''a blow to Ahmadinejad,'' who was elected in June 2005.

''After a year, Iranians have seen the consequences of the extremist policies employed by Ahmadinejad. Now, they have said a big 'no' to him,'' said Jamshidi.<<

13. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black2006 @ Dec 13 2006, 12:36 PM) [snapback]361811[/snapback]</div>
    The Bearded Guy in the sky has no use for our money; but a lot of that money goes to worthy causes and helping the poor.

I'm not exactly sure of your position or belief concerning God but it does not appear that you are respecting others beliefs by calling it lunacy.

BTW, it was the Church and at that time, all the other scientist that rejected the round earth idea and any other ideas that rocked the boat. They were no more willing to hear other ideas than the scientist of today are willing to consider or listen to creationist and other causes to Global Warming other than man created it. The Church (Christian) was the first organization to institute an organization to study the higher sciences. Today they are called colleges and universities.

Wildkow

14. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  15. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Dec 18 2006, 01:42 PM) [snapback]363853[/snapback]</div>
    In an effort of bipartisanship Ahmadinejad will renounce his desire to wipe off Israel from the map and stop his ambitions of obtaining nuclear weapons? What have the consequences been by the way as referred to in the last paragraph of your post?

16. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Dec 20 2006, 08:03 AM) [snapback]364585[/snapback]</div>
    The other concern is that this same population earlier voted for Ahmadinejad because he was the "hard liner". I suspect they would rather have someone who simply lies to the west about their intentions while speaking English, and then expresses his hatred towards us in their own language, like they usually do.

17. MegansPrius

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Dec 20 2006, 02:17 PM) [snapback]364689[/snapback]</div>
    I suppose what I was trying to point out, given some of the earlier and more repulsive suggestions in this thread (i.e., nuke Iran), is that support for this wing-nut Ahmadinejad is far from unified, especially given the defeat his candidates just suffered. Even his initial election only occurred due a forced run-off election; he actually had fewer votes than Rafsanjani in the first round.
    2005 election votes % for round 1 and run-off
    Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani 6,211,937 21.13 10,046,701 35.93
    Mahmoud Ahmadinejad 5,711,696 19.43 17,284,782 61.69
    The turnout in the recent election was also 10% greater (60% as oppossed to 50%), and I think it a good sign in that the higher turnout went against Ahmadinejad.

Now, will these results be overturned through trickery? Will it change policy? Who can say. I spent a good number of words in this thread about how worrisome Ahmadinejad's holocaust conference was. That it was followed by an immediate election rebuke is something I find heartening. But if you want to take it as bad news feel free.

18. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    When are they going to have a conference on (1) which faith is really true, (2) does Santa exist, (3) is the Easter bunny true (I think they may have killed him in Iraq from an earlier post that I read), and (4) is the tooth fairy still operating? :blink:

19. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Dec 20 2006, 11:16 AM) [snapback]364721[/snapback]</div>
    No, I don't take it as bad news, but I don't take it as particularly good news either. My understanding of the situation in Iran is that Rafsanjani represented the idea of "reform", but the people there chose the hard-liner in the run off. Now they are moving back toward what I can only expect will be "soft" reform.

I've also read that the President of Iran really doesn't wield the power in the country, as its in the hands of the Mullahs, so there's only an appearance of a reform or hard line leader. Until the religious tyranny is overturned, the Iranians will not see freedom, and we will not see peace in the region.

20. MegansPrius

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Dec 21 2006, 12:17 AM) [snapback]364923[/snapback]</div>
    The other good news with these elections is that Ahmadinejad's party also suffered losses not only in the local councils, but in the Assembly of Experts, which is where the real power is and where 65 of the 86 seats up for vote went to the Reformist-Conservative faction, which opposes Ahmedinejad's new hardliners:
    The biggest surprise - and perhaps the most important omen for future changes - is the support for Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani, a former president who was dealt a humiliating defeat by Mr. Ahmadinejad in last year's presidential runoff.
    With more than three-quarters of the ballots counted Sunday night, Mr. Rafsanjani was leading the race in Tehran for the Assembly of Experts, which supervises and can replace Iran's supreme religious leader. He took almost twice the number of votes as the ayatollah seen as Ahmadinejad's spiritual mentor, who trailed in seventh.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/1218/p06s02-wome.html

And to top it off, he's facing new student protests
    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/21/world/mi...amp;oref=slogin

Now, none of this obviously amounts to overturning their religious theocracy, but, in wake of the holocaust conference in this thread title, it does seem to suggest that the politics of hate didn't play there as well as Ahmadinejad had hoped.