1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Iran's Holocaust Conference

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Black2006, Dec 12, 2006.

1. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Dec 21 2006, 09:19 AM) [snapback]365027[/snapback]</div>
    Nice to think but makes absolutely ZERO difference since he pulls all the strings. No different from Germany iof the 1930's.

Hate does not usually play well anywhere in a unversal pattern - combine hate, a "dictatorship, a love of death, and nuclear weapons and you have the ultimate combo platter.

2. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Don't worry, Bush will be out of office in a couple of years.

3. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Dec 20 2006, 11:17 PM) [snapback]364923[/snapback]</div>
    At least on paper he is second in command, but there are other 'branches' in their system which likely curtails his power. Unlike the US president, he doesn't have any power over the military. The Mullahs are the ones with practical control of the country.

The people had voted for reform in that first election, but the Mullahs didn't like their choice and forced the run off.
    He doesn't.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran#Government_and_politics

4. Black2006

Black2006 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Dec 15 2006, 04:39 PM) [snapback]362975[/snapback]</div>
    Oh, history, again?!

But, you know, speaking of ancient history, the Egyptians and their vassals ruled this land way before there were such people as the Israelites..., so I suppose you think they (the Egyptians) should get it now?

5. Black2006

Black2006 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Dec 20 2006, 12:32 AM) [snapback]364485[/snapback]</div>
    Hm, I don't know..., it seems to me, that for about a millennium, Christianity obliterated virtually all science, from cartography to astronomy. I don't know if you've seen an 8th century "cross" map, or compared it with a Greek or Roman map, but it will give you an idea of the power of the Church to remake the world of the simple and the illiterate.

We are lucky that parchment was expensive, so the faithful didn't burn all of the ancient's knowledge, but collected some of the pieces to scrape and reuse for their psalms. Thank the Bearded Guy for large monastery libraries, where the parchment loot was stored, and thank FSM for modern science and synchrotron X-rays, that we can still read the words of some of those "pagan" scientists under the scribbles of Dark Ages delusionals.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Dec 16 2006, 04:34 PM) [snapback]363250[/snapback]</div>
    I am not certain you really believe in scientific debate, and what it entails (theory, evidence...?) The number of pages is irrelevant: the "flat-earthers" had a thousand+ years of written record behind them.... What matters is FREE discourse. As they say, the truth is born from an argument..., not from mere repetition.

And, no, I am not actually arguing about the details of the Holocaust.

6. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Dec 21 2006, 06:19 AM) [snapback]365027[/snapback]</div>
    Well, I certainly hope so. Dick Cheney and our State Department did make a big deal of the student protests before Ahmedinejad won, but that talk died down as the hard liners took power. I thought it was perhaps just another one of Mr. Cheney's errors, but it looks like he may have been right.