1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Iraq Attack

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by MarinJohn, Apr 3, 2006.

1. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Apr 4 2006, 03:04 AM) [snapback]234612[/snapback]</div>
    [/b]

I see these are very good points..
    An interesting piece of History we have....
    Do you know when the troubled country of Israel had the longest period of peace in thier history?

It was in King Solomons day!..

If you go back and look and count the number of his massive army, chariots, men and power combined with this favor he gained from so many countries by blessing them with gifts and helping them in thier time of trouble... he had two powerful elements in his favor.

1. The size of his army made any enemy realize there would be a tremedous price to pay if they challenged them or tried to abuse them in any way.
    2. They had so many allies from thier wise dealings of favor that any enemy had to realize that if they went to war with them, they were also going to war with all thier allies too!.....an even greater price to pay!

So in the end, the enemies who despised thier way of life decided life was much easier to work with them rather than against them.

Until the terroist realize that life is better to not fight against us, they will.
    They have been so conditioned to being able to intimidate and having it work, that thats their mentality now.

Of course, we have the same deception... we think we can flex out big US muscle and all the enemies will scatter and we won't have to pay the real price of war.... well guess what.. war is hell and we are in it until we win.

2. imntacrook

imntacrook New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Apr 4 2006, 10:19 PM) [snapback]235027[/snapback]</div>
    I was just going to say that exact thing !!!

3. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Apr 4 2006, 07:19 PM) [snapback]235027[/snapback]</div>
    If I thought it was the Iranian or Iraqui governments who did these terrible deeds I wouldn't have made the post. As far as I know it was a fringe non-nationalist terrorist group called Al Quada. When you can prove to me it was the above governments I will stand corrected publically. And no, don't post any Bushitivite speach as proof and expect me to retract. Oh, and notice I don't try to demean your opinions or you personally.

4. imntacrook

imntacrook New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Apr 5 2006, 11:26 AM) [snapback]235270[/snapback]</div>
    Given the fact that Saddam started a war with Iran. Took over Kuwait and decimated the Kuwaitis. Massacered sp? hundreds of thousands in his own country. Already used WMD on the Kurds. Tried to get nukes (many times). Was a sworn enemy of the USA. And we were just hit with 9/11, it seemed very prudent to take him out before he could do a lot more damage. Didn't Hitler in WWII teach us anything? Wasn't Saddam a sadistic meglomaniac with bad intentions? Could we afford to wait until he took over all of the Middle East? On a purely humanitarian level wasn't it justified? Human rights people complain we don't do enough in Africa to stop the massacres, but when we put down a crazed monster the same people chastise us!! This is not a Bushevite speech, its history! I don't expect a retraction, just think about it.

5. jared2

jared2 New Member

"war is hell and we are in it until we win"

We lost the war the minute we invaded Iraq. If you don't believe me, listen to Senator Max Cleland compare Iraq to his Vietnam experience.

"Bush has created a war that didn't have to happen. As Richard Clarke put it, "Invading Iraq after 9/11 was like invading Mexico after Pearl Harbor." Instead of going after bin Laden and all of his terrorists in the mountains, Bush transferred those resources and those men on the ground to Iraq. We now see a new generation of terrorists willing to blow themselves up to take out a bunch of Americans. And you add the Iraqi people. What you have is an absolute disaster.

Bush has gotten young Americans killed and wounded and blown up in a shooting gallery in Iraq. In a way, that is criminal. It is grinding the American military down. People are going back for their third tours. We have in effect thrown in everything we've got. And it ain't working. It's getting worse. There's continued killing. And sooner or later either the people or Congress is gonna ask, "Is it worth it?" And they are gonna answer, "No!" And then where are all these young men and women who have lost legs and arms and eyes going to be? That's called Vietnam. "

The full article, well worth reading, is here:

http://www.salon.com/books/feature/2006/04...land/index.html

6. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Apr 4 2006, 10:19 PM) [snapback]235027[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, they hit the WTC 3 times when you factor in '93...

...and yeah, we're the bad guys with respect to Abu Gharib too... :rolleyes:

Funny how a lot of folks here perpetually WHINE about how Evil Bush is. I wonder if they'd WHINE as much if it was their Mother, Father, or Brother, gruesomely murdered on 9/11 forced to leap to their deaths or burn (yet somehow pointing to the genitals of naked prisoners is worse), or even, related to a young family with three children gassed to death by Saddam.

I'm afraid for this country, I really am, but not because of terrorists, but rather the rising tide of attitudes directly analogous to those expressed from various people on PC. It's the attitudes of people like these that have effectively, ultimately, neutered our forces, and not allowed them to destroy the enemy because (for example) they have taken refuge in a place of worship (and other similar mechanisms). :rolleyes: We sit idly by and watch as crowds pull burned American bodies from wreckage, and string them up on bridges (yet a pile of naked prisoners is somehow worse), only to act when it is far too late. It's precisely why this war in Iraq is still dragging on (for which Bush EXPLICITLY stated from DAY 1 wasn't going to be quick, nor easy), it's half-assed. It's running into battle with one hand tied behind your back because of idiot, WHINING, ardent anti-war LIBERALS/PACIFISTS. If there's anything I fault Bush for, it's for underestimating the sheer volume of such ILK, and not putting more effort into properly "marketing" the war. No my friends, the enemy is not ONLY out there, but very likely, driving the other Prius in your parking lot...

7. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(imntacrook @ Apr 5 2006, 01:00 PM) [snapback]235324[/snapback]</div>
    I've a good analogy for this crowd:

Picture a line of liberals or pacifist standing shoulder to shoulder, ten of them.

Now, picture someone walking up to the first one on the left, and shooting them once in the head. POW. Dead. Body slumps quickly onto the ground, THUD.

Now picture the shooter systematically doing the same thing to each one, in order, left to right.

Now, you MIGHT think the last guy on the right MIGHT get the idea he's next, but no, he decides to wait to see what the shooter will do in HIS case... :lol:

8. jared2

jared2 New Member

"the enemy is not ONLY out there, but very likely, driving the other Prius in your parking lot..."

Ok. Now we can see the squid for the slimy sea creature he is. Prius drivers are the enemy - that means you. It never occurs to him to question anything - he (or she) has now resorted to insults - "idiot, WHINING, ardent anti-war LIBERALS/PACIFISTS." Gettng defensive, isn't he?

9. etyler88

etyler88 etyler88

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hey mysterysquid and dittoheads Iraq is a potential Vietnam, can you make that hypothetical assumption? Following the assumption when would it be the right time to pull out?

10. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jared2 @ Apr 5 2006, 02:57 PM) [snapback]235396[/snapback]</div>
    LMAO, pot, meet kettle... Dude, you've been slinging insults just about all along, and I've resisted the urge to join in. :lol: ...and hey, I VOTE ACCORDINGLY TOO! ;)

Besides, where did I make it PERSONAL? So what, I can't express feelings on generalizations? This is somehow wrong? YOU are the one making it personal, bud... {pokes chest with index finger} :p

11. imntacrook

imntacrook New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(etyler88 @ Apr 5 2006, 02:59 PM) [snapback]235397[/snapback]</div>
    Dittohead here.. I was in Vietnam in 68-9 with the 1st Cav in the Ashau Valley and it wasn't that bad. The bad part was leaving and having my Vietnam friends get slaughtered. Not to mention the 2 million Cambodians. If the peace mongers can stomach that, then lets pull out and let Al Quida take over. It'll be just a matter of time before we are passing out rifles in the US to the ones left over from the nukes that have gone off.

We didn't start the fire, its been burning since the worlds been turning...

12. fuelsipper

fuelsipper New Member

Humm...I just do not see where the invasion of Iraq had anything to do with 9/11. Yes, I know that is old ground, but invasion of Afganastan I can see as it relates to the bombing of the Twin Towers. Getting Osama, what happened to that?
    But Iraq, and I am sorry Imntacrook, we did not need to go in there. Now that we are, and it is a mess, I don't have many answers.
    Peacemongers..yes , I will trade war for peace. And the price for Iraq was to high to start.
    And I can understand the feeling of those injured in the Vietnam War...broken inside.

13. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  14. etyler88

etyler88 etyler88

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    so imnatacrook,

The US should not have pulled out of Vietnam. Is that your position?

15. imntacrook

imntacrook New Member

16. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(imntacrook @ Apr 5 2006, 03:52 PM) [snapback]235450[/snapback]</div>

You didn't read the caption on the second link, he visited again after the UN reported that Saddam gassed the Kurds.

17. imntacrook

imntacrook New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(etyler88 @ Apr 5 2006, 04:48 PM) [snapback]235447[/snapback]</div>
    Yes exactly. We should have and could have won handily. The pressure on our weak kneed politicians from the left (again) was too much so they caved. Thats OK I don't mind seeing Cambodians getting slaughtered by Pol Pot or Vietnamese by Ho Chi Minh, Do you? ..... Do You?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tleonhar @ Apr 5 2006, 04:55 PM) [snapback]235454[/snapback]</div>
    You gotta try diplomacy, right?

18. dsunman

dsunman New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 5 2006, 02:52 PM) [snapback]235392[/snapback]</div>
    Running out of ideas Squidly? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now we're resolving differences by shots in the head, brilliant as usually :lol: :lol:

Thud, Re-load, Snap: NEXT :lol: :lol: :lol:

19. imntacrook

imntacrook New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fuelsipper @ Apr 5 2006, 04:19 PM) [snapback]235439[/snapback]</div>
    Hardly broken inside. And you cannot trade peace for war. It has been tried many times, many times. Without exception rulers that have capitulated or have attempted to appease have been decimated. It happens all the time. The Arab culture understands only might. Perhaps we have become a little sissified, women have become men and men have become women, and they tend to marry each other. Of course we didn't NEED to go there but as the saying goes, and its very true.. for evil to triumph all it needs is for good men to do nothing. Or something like that, but you get the gist.

Hey, you young folks can have it anyway you want, I'll be long gone. Ask me if I'd rather have Squid or Jared2 lead the future of this country for my kids - the answer is obvious. And I don't even know either of them.

20. Mystery Squid

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dsunman @ Apr 5 2006, 05:04 PM) [snapback]235460[/snapback]</div>
    Not at all, it's called an analogy DUNCEman... Meant to illustrate the idiocy of the philosophy of certain likeminded individuals for which you may, or may not, fall into that category...

:p