1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Iraq=Terry Schiavo...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by burritos, Apr 18, 2007.

1. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Apr 20 2007, 01:36 PM) [snapback]426888[/snapback]</div>
    I agree 100%.

2. Loveit

Loveit New Member

Look, let's put it this way. For thousands of years the middle east peoples have live like tribesmen because they are tribesmen. It's the way they breathe, eat, drink, behave, rule, and live.

Whoever has the most power, or the most money usually runs the hierarchy. They are clans people by families and tribes, and by their genealogy. It was what, how shall I say this, what they were born into.

The way their "goverment" works will not be changed any time soon, if ever. They have millions of their people to a fraction of our people.

The difference is that these middle east people are willing to do whatever it takes to have their way. Whether it be by bombing, multilating, beheading, or otherwise. And they are willing to spend their life's blood in order to accomplish it.

Granted Saddam Hussein was, how shall I put it, one bad, bad dude, there was some sort of order before his fall and demise. Now there is none. The fractions that be within the country are fighting among themselves as we are well aware.

I have it from a close, young relative of mine who went overseas to do his duty. He was sure that with the presence of the troops overseas in the middle east, that things could be changed for the better at some time in the future. Although he is home at the present, now he is not so sure that things will turn around, if ever.

Sure, our way of life for some people is very good. Otherwise, why would illegal immigrants flocks to our nation?

But just as much, our nation is not without some grave faults of her own.

We were founded on our belief in God and were sustained by that. It's what the laws of our land are based upon.

But now our laws are being based on what feels good, or is a benefit to just certain people and not all, is really a law unto one's self.

The problem is that each person needs to act responsibly towards one another, but until that happens, there will never be peace in this world.

In the end times, the love of many will grow cold. That is one of the reasons why there is so much tribulation and fighting in the world today.

Where have integrity and uprightness gone? Where does thinking others better than oneself fled to? Where has courage and valour to do the right thing disappeared to?

These people over in the middle east will continue to spend their life's blood and die for what they believe in until something else convinces them otherwise. What do you think it will be?

Like a computer. If you program it and you get a different answer than you hoped for, do you use the same program again and expect a different answer? Now how smart is that? Not very.

I don't know what the answer is, but this one thing I do know: there will more, and more bloodshed on both sides until one side wins or the other quits; or we all go at once and then no one wins.

One other reason why our form of democracy will not work over there is because it takes a lot of votes to be in control. So what better idea than to kill off all of your opponents? So, do you supppose that's why they have warring fractions within the country? It wouldn't surprise me.

Or if you outnumber your opponents, hopefully you will win unless you get wiped out.

So what do you think?

3. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loveit @ Apr 20 2007, 03:45 PM) [snapback]426969[/snapback]</div>
    Integrity and uprightness was washed away by the liberals and their "If it feels good, do it" attitude.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Apr 20 2007, 10:11 AM) [snapback]426725[/snapback]</div>
    I view it as the end throws of desperation. I'll be glad to eat my words if I'm wrong about Iraq being a failure we just haven't, as a country, faced up to admitting.

5. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Apr 20 2007, 04:12 PM) [snapback]426983[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, hopefully the Dems won't do something terribly stupid.. like... I don't know..

Announcing a PULL OUT DATE???? or... REFUSING TO FUND WITHOUT A PULL OUT DATE???

and they wonder why people call them DEFEATOCRATS.

6. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Since these words are being bandied about so freely:

Traitor
    Main Entry: trai·tor
    Pronunciation: 'trA-t&r
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English traytour, from Anglo-French traitre, from Latin traditor, from tradere to hand over, deliver, betray, from trans-, tra- trans- + dare to give -- more at DATE
    1 : one who betrays another's trust or is false to an obligation or duty
    2 : one who commits treason

Treason
    Main Entry: trea·son
    Pronunciation: 'trE-z&n
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English tresoun, from Anglo-French traisun, from Latin tradition-, traditio act of handing over, from tradere to hand over, betray -- more at TRAITOR
    1 : the betrayal of a trust : TREACHERY
    2 : the offense of attempting by overt acts to overthrow the government of the state to which the offender owes allegiance or to kill or personally injure the sovereign or the sovereign's family