1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Iraq War Veteran Loses Ohio Congressional Race

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by IsrAmeriPrius, Aug 3, 2005.

1. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

I won't even go there with the recent tragedy of the Marines from that state of Ohio. Mr Hackett was no doubt a fine Marine officer, he also had a Prius to drive in 2000, so he at least it can be said put his money where his mouth was. I like that, on the flip side, the woman that ran against him did have a record, a good background, and some good ideas too. This never was a "bell weather" election for neither candidate, what was significant, is the fact Mr Hackett a Gulf veteran did VERY well in a district almost always solidly Republican. How did that happen...well solid support for the efforts of the troops over there, had something to do with this. Mr Hackett's campaign ran a commercial on Monday and Tuesday (day before election & voting day) highlighting his service and veteran status, leaving out the party politics, that may have helped. It woke up the conservatives, cause Limbaugh highlighted the commercial, heck, he played on the radio and posted the video in his website. The Democratic Party went all out to lure voters, and get a result to unseat the republican seat. The political positions and affilliations were carefully crafted out near the end, as polls indicated no gains in the district from those issues. In order to win Democrat strategist determined it was better to HIDE the true issues they really stood for because that would not WIN them that election. I think you will ALL see that most if not all Democrats will separate themselves from the VERY LEFT issues that this party stands for and will MOVE to the center. That is the only strategy they have to use, because ISSUES so far have not worked in their favor.

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    No, I am not overreacting and there is no scintilla of truth to those slanderous allegations. I, for one, have learned the lesson from the failure to promptly react to the lies which doomed Kerry's campaign.

In the finest tradition of Republican political hacks, from Carl Rove, the late Lee Atwater - the creator of the Willie Horton ads, the Swift Boat Veterans to those who lied about Senator McCain's military record in the 2000 primaries, you are the one who used a derogatory term to describe Hackett. The fact that you did not spell out the complete word, does not change the fact nor mitigate the deed.

By the way, why is it OK for Republican candidates in California to hide and run away from their party affiliation?

3. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

"slanderous allegations" - YOUR OPINION

DISTRACTIONS FROM THE ORIGINAL SUBJECT:

1) No one lied about McCains Military records, the thing that rubbed Mr Mc Cain was a statement by the Bush Campaign regarding his wife who was battling cancer. So is the "lie about his military record" FACT or slanderous accusations on YOUR PART ?

2)Willie Horton ADS., the racial cards played by BOTH sides. If you want to talk about HORTON, then let's talk about the ad that claimed more murders would occur like the guy in Jasper Tx, this ad YOUR GUYS put that up against BUSH., when 3 out of 4 got the death penalty and the 4th got life without parole.

3) What specific lies (LIES) can be proven to have been said by the Swifties. Kerry's side said their piece, and that was carefully dissected, as was the counter claims by the Swift Boat Veterans. Did they deserve to JUST BE SILENCED because they did not support Kerry.

4) Which candidate in California specifically AND PUBLICLY in a campaign AD, hid the fact he was a Republican, REMEMBER IN A CAMPAIGN ADD, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT MR HACKET'S CAMP DID.

NOW HERE IS YOUR QUOTE:
    "there is no scintilla of truth to those slanderous allegations. I, for one, have learned the lesson from the failure to promptly react to the lies which doomed Kerry's campaign"

I don't see ANYTHING HERE FACTUAL that you have posted, only subjective opinions, YOU HAVE NOT addressed the Congressman Candidate from OHIO Mr Hackett, which was the original post subject., YOU ARE CHANGING THE SUBJECT!!

What lies have I given here on this board regarding the POSTED SUBJECT ????. And by the way military nicknames are not considered automatically bad per say., Staff in the military is what make the military go, and frequently staff is used in the field, as was this officer, the nickname used was one that HE himself described to other military personel, it is not detrimental to his career, and not the only thing he has done in the military. Note that he re-enlisted after 9-11 he was in previously, and he went to law school. I don't hear his campaign staff or him taking "civilian never in the military" Limbaugh to task for calling him this, if this was so insulting and hurtful.

4. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It's like debating a wall.

5. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

You are right, you are the moving wall., you changed the subject to include everything except addressing the issue.

I simply stated the other side as viewed on some places you obviously do not like. Not every soul in this country feels the way you do. Depending on the source of the information, one can get a very differing picture. What you may proclaim to be the "truth"., is actually opinion, and it is no different on my side, though I do like to think that I present FACTS more then you do. I do tend to stick to narrow channels and news outlets, and try to broaden my exposure, I think, from your posts here and before you do the same, just from the other side. We'll just say the REAL truth is something in between. Just do not expect me to lay down and just blank like accept all this one sided stuff you spew without getting my side back at you. As for debating, the only wall you need to worry about is your wall of just plain hatred of the other opinions., I have readily with OTHERS debated and listened and changed views, when they themselves also listened to what I had to say and also moderated or at least acknowledged their strong beliefs and opinions. You and the other few and there are some, just spew out the trash and accusations and inferences and all that, and expect all of this to just be acknowledged and accepted without facts or basis. That is no longer going to fly, when you become more honest and at least acknowledge the differing views, things may change and the wall will not be so high.

6. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  7. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

Good stay confused for awhile...

8. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IALTMANN\";p=\"113892)</div>
    Try again. This is the emoticon for confused:

:?

9. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

Whatever...ani't gonna do the Novak..

10. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

Damn, I sure love these pancakes (I'm referring to this forum). 2006 midterms should be interesting to say the least.

11. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

Yea its gonna be fun..