1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Iraqies Revolt Against Al Qaeda - Ask for Help!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bigmahma, May 31, 2007.

1. Army5339

Army5339 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Jun 4 2007, 10:06 AM) [snapback]454906[/snapback]</div>

IDF and the American military are apples and oranges though. On one, you have mandatory service, for a mostly defense based military, using a lot of older technology, on a small scale. They have different requirements, and a different system. It works for them, but it would not necessarily work for us. They just have a different mission.

As for the NCO system, I already was an NCO, although in the Navy, so while I still have leadership experience it is not in infantry tactics. The NCO's are a vital part of of the American military, in any branch. I am OK with that. Different responsibilities. Our officers are supposed to not micromanage, and I am sure that is true in the IDF.

2. rudiger

rudiger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigmahma @ Jun 4 2007, 11:06 AM) [snapback]454936[/snapback]</div>
    KBR

1082 positions in Iraq.

Drop us a line when you get over there.

3. bigmahma

bigmahma New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rudiger @ Jun 4 2007, 11:27 AM) [snapback]454946[/snapback]</div>
    MOST of these jobs are construction or infrastructure related. Not many positions for my type of profession.

My profession requires working with people that have or make money.

NOT ONE of these jobs have a salary listed... that usually means - "low"

Anyplace else?

4. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigmahma @ Jun 4 2007, 02:48 PM) [snapback]455060[/snapback]</div>
    Don't you read the news? Contractor jobs in Iraq pay six figures; even if it's driving a truck. You should have no problem exceeding your "$93K before taxes" salary.

I don't know what your profession ("working with people that have or make money") is, but it sounds like you're one of those financial advisors that scheme to separate people from their money. Plenty of people doing that in Iraq!

I did a quick scan of KBR's job listings and found one that I'm sure you're well-qualified for. No more excuses! Good luck with your interview and send us a postcard from Baghdad!

5. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigmahma @ Jun 2 2007, 05:24 PM) [snapback]454056[/snapback]</div>
    When you *are* willing to compromise, your words will become meaningful. 'Till then, it's all just talk.

Even "driving a truck" or whatever in the defense of liberty, freedom, and "the one American child who's more valuable than 100 Iraqi children" should be enough for you...that is, if you actually believe as you say you do.

Why do you belittle the nature of this service to our country?

Meanwhile, you're safe at home...playing with your cars and making lots more in the private sector than the folks who are actually doing what you can only bleat about.

Sound and fury, signifying nothing.

6. EricGo

EricGo New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigmahma @ Jun 4 2007, 02:48 PM) [snapback]455060[/snapback]</div>
    This is just too funny. Now the Iraq visit has to provide a duplicate of your civilian job ?!!

7. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    [laughing]

BigMahma is cut from the same cloth as the other 'all talk and no action' patriots on this site.

In his case, however, they had to use a few extra yards...

8. EricGo

EricGo New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Army5339 @ Jun 4 2007, 11:22 AM) [snapback]454945[/snapback]</div>
    With all due respect, you don't know squat about the IDF; stop pretending that you do, it makes you look foolish. I'll restrict my comments to mentioning that Israeli field officers, particularly in the infantry which I am most familiar with, do not micromanage. They LEAD. That difference is night and day, and quite obviously one you would prefer not to understand.

As for suggesting that a 12 week course somehow makes you qualified to run a technical army of the future, I can only laugh. But go ahead and prove my wrong: what fraction of infantry field officers have BSc. degrees in science or engineering ?

9. Army5339

Army5339 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Jun 4 2007, 05:16 PM) [snapback]455193[/snapback]</div>

With all due respect, your extensive knowledge about the IDF does not translate into any knowledge of the US military. I am glad we agree on that.

I never said that Israeli officers micromanage; in fact, I said the opposite. Here, look: "Our officers are supposed to not micromanage, and I am sure that is true in the IDF." So I am confused with your sudden anger over some supposed slur against your country's military.

My knowledge of the IDF is limited to that their primary mission is different from ours, and they have a different pool of people to work with. They also have a smaller amount of people to work with, with about 170,000 active duty total. The US has about 1.4 million people on active duty. However, most Israelis have to serve and be in the reserves AFAIK, so that would boost their numbers if they had to call up large amounts of people.

I also never suggested that the intro course to officer leadership makes one capable of leadership. I was illustrating that the ROTC courses are merely the beginning of training for officers. Time and experience in leadership positions does that.

Apples and oranges. Two different entities, two different capabilities, and two completely different missions.

However, slur away at the US military, if that is what you choose to do. You wouldn't be the first, and are certainly not the last.

I am also suspicious of Rudiger's service. He seems to be wholly ignorant of military service, gathering his facts from chatrooms and forums. His natural disdain for anything military would have prevented him from spending 2 weeks, much less 15 years in the service. If he even served, which again, I don't think he did, I doubt he received an honorable discharge, as he is clearly incapable of retaining general knowledge, would have been horrible for morale, and has some pathological loathing for the very thing he chose to do, much like someone who self-flagellates. Perhaps a psych-discharge? I would love to read his counseling statements from his chain of command. Must be a peach of a drama.

10. bigmahma

bigmahma New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Jun 4 2007, 04:42 PM) [snapback]455163[/snapback]</div>
    I've been doing the same thing for 10 years - i'm not going to relocate - and start a job I've never done before.

There is no security for my family in that - and it's just plain idiotic.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Jun 4 2007, 03:08 PM) [snapback]455079[/snapback]</div>
    I'm not willing to compromise on my income - i'm not willing to sacrifice my "lifestyle" -

If you can point out a job in finance and banking in Iraq that pays an equivilant to what I make now - gives me the ability to travel abroad and advancement opportunity .. a REALISTIC opportunity - not driving a TRUCK - then i'll be happy to consider it seriously.

BigMahma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 4 2007, 03:08 PM) [snapback]455078[/snapback]</div>
    Actually - my clients do fairly well. They will likely retire many many dozens of years before you.. especially if that is your position on financial advisors.

Good luck at Walmart.

11. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigmahma @ Jun 4 2007, 06:11 PM) [snapback]455223[/snapback]</div>
    Wow. Not only is bigmahma completely unwilling to make any meaningful sacrifice to back up his words, he's kinky, too.

Courtesy of Urban Dictionary:

12. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Jun 4 2007, 05:44 PM) [snapback]455248[/snapback]</div>
    I knew the excuses were going to come from bigmahma. How could one argue against the excuse, "I'll do whatever it takes as long as it doesn't affect my lifestyle."

Bigmahma is all "big talk" and not much else. Notice it likes to brag about its income, its top ten collegiate credentials(though the way it talks, I suspect it's lying), its pedigreed residence(away from crime and minorities), and its prestigious job(though selling annuities and cash life insurance policies really isn't that prestigious).

Bigmahma is your typical loser that feels like it has to brag about its status markers to impress. The sad thing is even though "you" think what you've achieved is impressive, it really isn't. You're 500k residence in florida is rapidly shrinking in value, and soon you'll be upside down in your option arm mortgage. Now go try to make some more money for your clients by selling them your ripoff "investment vehicles."

13. TurkeyButt

TurkeyButt New Member

I'm not willing to compromise on my income - i'm not willing to sacrifice my "lifestyle" -

Well, good thing there are real MEN in this country who are willing to like my husband. We might not live like kings but we live with pride for what we do. It's funny how my three year old daughter has made more sacrafices than yourself for this country... funny or sad, however you want to look at it.

My husband doesn't do it for the money, he doesn't do it for a quality lifestyle for himself, he does it for people like you... My daughter sacrafices her father for several months to a year so people like yourself can go to work every day and not worry about being bombed on the way.

The next time you see a Marine or a Solider why don't you say thank you to them for the kind of lifestyle you don't want to give up.

14. bigmahma

bigmahma New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TurkeyButt @ Jun 4 2007, 07:17 PM) [snapback]455271[/snapback]</div>

I salute your brave husband ma'am.

I say thank you all the time to those who are lucky enough to serve our country.

Thanks to YOU and YOUR sacrifice, as well as your husbands. God Bless!

15. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigmahma @ Jun 4 2007, 06:11 PM) [snapback]455223[/snapback]</div>
    Not only would I never work at Wal-Mart, I never shop their either. People like you who don't give a rat's nice person about others support Wal-Mart.

Actually, I've done well with financial advisors. I just don't like financial advisors without ethics.

Dick Cheney was a big advocate of the Vietnam War- but he got five deferments so he wouldn't have to fight in it himself. When asked why he didn't go to Vietnam in an interview in the Washington Post, Cheney said, "I had other priorities in the '60s than military service."
    Dick Cheney is apparently your role model.

16. bigmahma

bigmahma New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 4 2007, 08:15 PM) [snapback]455312[/snapback]</div>
    You truly do make alot of assumptions about people you've never met.

How in the world do you know my ethics?

For being such a "love all, harm none, big heart for everyone liberal" you sure are close minded...

AS for Dick Cheney - i'm sure he supported the country in other ways other than Military Service.

Wal-Mart is also a VERY LARGE EMPLOYER of low income low skilled minority workers.

So you are saying - that by me supporting Wal-Mart - I'm doing the wrong thing? Are you a racist?

By supporting small business - you are fighting against supporting the downtrodden low skilled worker.

Good job hate monger!

(I can play this stupid game as well)