1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is 150K+ Mile 2010 Prius Still Worth It?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by hunt251, Jun 13, 2017.

?
  1. Yes.

2. No.

3. I'll explain in the comments.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. AliPK

AliPK Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Look At the bright side,i paid $24000 for a Jdm 2013 prius because of custom duties.OUCH.!!!!bottom line Short trips or not you gonna get much higher mpg compare to traditional cars and it's also MUCH FUN.

2. MelonPrius

MelonPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I do short trips on a cold engine, and all cars take an mpg hit. However, my Prius has a much greater FE on my early morning 8 mile round trips than my previous fuel efficient ICE cars.

These days, I'm averaging around 50-60 mpg (on trip computer on the dash) on my usual short trip on a cold engine, which is much higher than the other economy cars that I used to drive under similar conditions. Of course, I drive roads with slower speed limits that allow the traction battery to be utilized and I try to take advantage of engine off coasting- 2 areas where ICE engine cars are at a disadvantage.

AliPK likes this.
  3. AliPK

AliPK Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Agreed .my round trip is about about 16km and I was only averaging about 11km/l in my civic 1.6 and now with prius mielage is more then doubled,(lowest ever was 22)and on my way home if battery is fully charged,i always switch to ev mode for last couple of kms.

4. ATlam

ATlam Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I bought my 2010 prius with 170k miles and I would buy another high mileage prius in a heartbeat (provided they have maintenance record)

5. hunt251

hunt251 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Did you have to replace the hybrid battery, and if so, when?

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

6. ATlam

ATlam Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I bought it at 172k and it is now at 227k, haven't had to replace anything except the EGR valve and that was free under Toyota TSB.

The battery is still going strong, from my understand it's the years that affect it more so than the miles.

hunt251 and Tbkilb01 like this.
  7. hunt251

hunt251 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I would like to model my maintenance habits after your's. How did you do your maintenance? How often, what, etc?

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

8. ATlam

ATlam Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Just oil change every 8k miles to be honest, I drive for Uber so there's a lot of freeway acceleration and it's a bit hard on the car.

hunt251 likes this.