1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is #4 package available anywhere in the U.S.??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Cosworth, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Brian McPhail

Brian McPhail New Member

Thank you for the compliment! We are not exempt from bizarre regional ordering policies either.. :lol: Although #4 & #6 are fine- we also have to put up with #2- which always struck me as an odd combo (smart key/ EC mirror, and security)..

I'd much rather have a base car with side curtain bags or something like that. The story we got was that the factory guys have the production line set up for smart entry, so we can order any package we want, as long as smart entry was in it. :roll:

2. DanH

DanH New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rumply\";p=\"73659)</div>
    Yea, it is kind of odd that you go south from VA to NC and package #4 goes away. My only guess is that #4 also as the VSC and you don't need it as much in southern states. But from the ice I have seen around here some winters, I beg to differ.

Speaking of #4's and all. I will be getting one soon from a dealer in Northern VA. The local dealer here said they can order one, and I put in an order that way, but after seeing the dealer in VA offering some below MSRP, the price of gas going up, the price of the Prius going up $100 in April and just the uncertianty of the local dealer actually being able to get a #4, I decided to go for on in VA. (due to arrive in a week or so.) :mrgreen:

3. dspguy

dspguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    In the Boston MA area the dealers seem to have #3's, #4's and #6's. I wanted a 3. Walked in, paid msrp drove it home that night. The dealer I went to had 5 unspoken for ones on the lot, 1 was a 3, 2 were 4's and the remaining one was a 6. Some other dealers in the area had one or two on the lot.