1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is America Ready for Obama?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Feb 14, 2007.

1. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(viking31 @ Feb 14 2007, 05:48 PM) [snapback]390451[/snapback]</div>
    He actually won his first election in 1996. So it's ten not two.

2. Earthling

Earthling New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    My impression of Obama is that I would make a better president than he would.

Just a gut feeling, mind you, and I am entitled to my own opinions.

Harry

3. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Simple. Yes, of course he's ready, America's ready, and if he can take the nomination from Hilary, I believe he'll win in 2008.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(viking31 @ Feb, 01:48 PM) [snapback]390451[/snapback]</div>
    Ewwwww!

4. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Feb 14 2007, 05:04 PM) [snapback]390460[/snapback]</div>
    No way he can win - to loose a mouth, to many brain cells lost to drugs, one to many addictions, to little real life experience for most Americans. He is angling for a vp slot - which would be a mistake for whomever is the presidential nominee.

And, Hilary will eat him alive - he already has lost the endorsments of key players to the clinton machine. funny thing is, hilary cant win either. dems best shot is neither of them. i think hilary knows that too and needs to decrease her negative numbers and will happily settle for a vp slot and 4 or 8 years of softening her image - if that is possible.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Feb 14 2007, 05:04 PM) [snapback]390460[/snapback]</div>
    for the repubs i see the following:

two of these three:

mcain
    guiliani
    lieberman!

romney is also a strong candidate and i will hold judgement on him for a few more months. but i think lieberman is a strong possibility and would rock the dem base especially if obama or hilary gets the nod - would cut their legs out from under of them.

5. bulldog

bulldog Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Feb 14 2007, 02:34 PM) [snapback]390478[/snapback]</div>
    Who are you talking about here? Sounds like Baby Bush to me, and he made it, not once, but twice!!!

6. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Quick! Jump off the Swift Boat and jump onto the Drug Bandwagon!

Republican's greatest strength: pointing out other's weakness while denying their own.

7. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Feb, 10:00 PM) [snapback]390715[/snapback]</div>
    No kidding. What a bunch of losers. By the way, Obama gave up smoking.

8. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Feb 15 2007, 01:28 AM) [snapback]390723[/snapback]</div>
    Gave up smoking what? :lol:

What do you think of Lieberman as a possible VP candidate on the Republican ticket? My thoughts are that it would be a discontinuous innovation in Republican political thinking - a brillian move - with little downside and huge potential upside. He is the closest to my own wishes for a Democrat - reasonable liberal social thoughts and strong security thoughts - my Scoop Jackson! I would support him in a heartbeat.

9. Earthling

Earthling New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hilary is a b*tch, something she is going to have a hard time hiding during a long campaign. I've already spotted the signs in her TV appearances...

Harry

10. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Earthling @ Feb 15 2007, 09:06 AM) [snapback]390763[/snapback]</div>
    _______(fill in name) is a b*tch, something that will be said about any woman running for high office in this country.

11. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Earthling @ Feb 15 2007, 08:06 AM) [snapback]390763[/snapback]</div>
    I just do not see her winning as a presidential candidate. Best hope for her, and I think she is angling for this, is getting the nod for vp - which probably won't happen as long as whomever is the presidential candidate values his/her life :lol: I would not want her playing with knives as my vp if you know what i mean. And if my first name was Vince - forgetaboutit :blink:

Her negative numbers are tooooooo high and this is complicated by the fact that she is so well known and and has little if any chance of lowering them by increasing her name recognition. she is stuck bro - and yes she is - not a b***h - just a cold calculating egocentric self-centered cut-throat female

12. Earthling

Earthling New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ Feb 15 2007, 09:15 AM) [snapback]390794[/snapback]</div>
    Those are your words, not mine.

Hilary is a b*tch, and this will come out during the campaign, hurting her chances. I did not say every woman is a b*tch.

Harry

13. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Feb 14 2007, 03:06 PM) [snapback]390269[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, I would say that Australia is putting up rather well. Especially considering they have only 25,000 soldiers in their army. Their commitment in Iraq, as a percentage of the size of their army, is about half that of ours.

14. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    America is not ready for Obama. The racism displayed in this thread is evidence enough.

America is probably also not ready for Clinton, and the sexism displayed in this thread is clear evidence for that as well. The "_____ is a b*tch" problem that Earthling so graciously demonstrated for us will certainly be a big problem for her.

I'd even go as far as to say that sexism is more prevalent than racism in this country, and more readily accepted in "polite" society. Not necessarily overt sexism, but an all-pervasive attitude that women are weaker. Ask yourself if you think so, and if you're very honest with yourself you'll probably find some sexism buried inside, and maybe not even buried very deeply.

And I don't think Hilary would put herself in a race for VP in a million years. She already held the #2 spot, and I don't think she'd settle for it again.

15. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marlin @ Feb 15 2007, 09:40 AM) [snapback]390809[/snapback]</div>
    In the space of less than a minute B. Hussein Obama dissed one of our greatest allies ever - and then did one of those sorry if i offended anyone made for TV stunt sorries. He is a loose canon, with little common sense since his comment was rehearsed (if not he is a bigger fool than i thought for not being prepared), a propensity for Kerryisms, and no real world experience.

He is the wannabe abe lincoln with the heater in the podium :lol:

Why did he pick, i think, march 31, 2008 as the withdrawl date? how did he arrive at that? what advanced calculus did he use? must be that harvard education at work - i would love him to explain why he selected a specific date for our retreat from Iraq! And I would love for him to explain to me what the potential ramifications would be and what he is going to do about them - besides smoke a whatever.

this points to the very sad state of affairs of the democratic party. they could not even beat bush twice - a guy who cant string two sentances together on his feet. now they annoint a guy with two years in the Senate - who already has a higher rate of foot in mouth disease than Kerry (think about that) and make him God like! Jeeez - the presidential timber in that forrest is remarkably thin.

I think Carl Rove has already donated to his campaign :lol: Probably made it a recurring monthly charge on his amex.

16. Ichabod

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Dbermanmd,

Why even post on this forum in the form of a question, as if you're asking us what we think and will give a single thought to any word people have to say? Just tell us what you think we should think and don't open it up for discussion.

I vote that this thread be renamed to:

"B. Hussein Obabma, N****R, Arab-lover, Drug-fiend."

17. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ichabod @ Feb 15 2007, 09:56 AM) [snapback]390814[/snapback]</div>
    Brilliant - if you dont like Obama you are a racist! I guess if you dont agree with Israeli policies you are an anti-Semite? That is the only thing in his favor - huh? Using his race in a reverse sort of way. Is that why you like him? If he were white would would you think of him?

Sexism and Hilary - Nobody thinks she is weak - in fact she is too strong and comes across as such. we just think she is a cold heared, calculating, self-centered, egocentric b***h :D

And I am not a sexist at all - i think every guy should have a woman to cook and clean for him, be waiting with his slippers as he enters the door from a hard days work - provide for his every need and want :rolleyes: Please dont show this to my wife of almost 27 years - she would kick the crap out of me :lol:

And if you think every guy is a little sexist - you have a problem - you set yourself up with excuses everywhere you turn. like me thinking everybody is a little anti-Semitic?? What a horrible way to go through life. By the way, are you?

And lastly, hilary was # 2 for 8 years - and thats why we dont want her anywhere the # 1 spot - imagine the oval office with that duo again. If Osama b Laden could vote here - who would he vote for - Hilary or Mcain? And what does that do for you - does that wake you up a little bit?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ichabod @ Feb 15 2007, 10:09 AM) [snapback]390822[/snapback]</div>
    Disgusting.

He could be an Arab lover - I am and support a solution which frees them from the shackles of poverty, terror and dependance on others.

"drug-fiend", are you suggesting something I have not read about? I hope you can back those allegations up.

18. Ichabod

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Feb 15 2007, 11:19 AM) [snapback]390824[/snapback]</div>
    Precisely. I was just doing my best to mimic your style and sum up your arguments.

19. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ichabod @ Feb 15 2007, 10:23 AM) [snapback]390830[/snapback]</div>
    Cute but not smart. You can do better.

Why do you think he is a "drug-fiend" or an "arab-lover"? Does that mean you think he is an anti-Semite? Those are pretty serious allegations.

20. Ichabod

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I don't think he is either of those things. I'm not the one bringing up his drug use in every other post, or calling him B. Hussein Obama in order to capitalize on the fear and race-hysteria that Bush has so carefully cultivated against Arabs.

I won't argue further about that though. The only thing I could ask is that you re-read your own posts with an objective attitude.

As for candidates on the other side, I think McCain has the best shot. There certainly are a lot of anti-semites, but I don't think that's Lieberman's biggest problem. I think his biggest problem is his own image.

Giuliani seems like an OK guy, and I respect everything he did after 9/11, but it will come back to his politics eventually, and he was in bad shape politically before that.

Mitt Romney I think is the worst. He's a Snake Oil Salesman to the core. He's demonstrated a willingness to take either side of an issue for personal and political gain, and he'd make Bush proud. I lived in Salt Lake, and I live in Massachusetts now, so I have some direct experience with the results of his work, and I can whole-heartedly say I don't like the guy.