1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is America Ready for Obama?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Feb 14, 2007.

1. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Doberman, we've pointed out time and time again that your use of Obama's middle name is inappropriate. You always reply that it's his legal name and it'll play a big role, etc... Just drop it. Use his name like everyone else. You don't refer to bush as "G. Walker Bush", even though any relation you could pull between him and Chuck Noris (Aka Walker, texas ranger) would be great - after all, Chuck Noris's tears cure cancer. Instead, it's common usage around the country (even the world) to refer to political and social figures by one name. Lieberman is Lieberman, Bush is Bush (or Bush Jr./Bush Sr. or Bush I/W if you want to make a clear distinction), Clinton is Clinton or Bill (but hardly ever both), Hillary is Hillary (only to differentiate her from her husband), Guiliani is Guiliani, McCain is McCain.

To continue to refer to Obama as B. Hussein Obama only shows your racism. You are the only one i have ever heard call him by his middle name. You only do it as an attempt to belittle him. In the end, the result is the same as when posters on here call you doberman. You don't like it due to the malice and dislike you perceive behind the name. Well, from now on any time you call Obama by his middle name in this vain attempt at racism i'm going to call you doberman in return.

After all, don't dish it out if you can't take it.

2. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Feb 15 2007, 10:43 AM) [snapback]390842[/snapback]</div>
    I am impressed. It took you a whole 30 minutes to start calling me names today - the medications must be working already :D (a joke there for the record)

And now you have become the name nazi! Who elected you or is it a self-appointment. Why does his middle name bother you?

And do not play that child game with me - if you dont like Obama you are a racist. And by the way, if I use his middle name does that really make me a racist - think about that - you can probably come up with a more accurate target of hate and discrimination - but nothing to due with his skin color - that was a hint for you. And for the record, my middle name is not doberman :lol: Can you grasp the differences here??

And sticks and stones. I am far accepting of why you call me doberman - you are an anti-Semite!

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ichabod @ Feb 15 2007, 06:56 AM) [snapback]390814[/snapback]</div>
    [Emphasis mine.]

I see a subtle difference to the above:

There is a pervasive attitude that women ought to be weaker, so that a woman who is clearly strong, confident, assertive, is perceived as masculine, or as trying to be masculine, and characterized as either "lesbian" or a "b*itch." It's a catch 22, because if a woman appears "feminine" she is seen as too weak to govern, but if she appears strong enough to govern, she is seen as not "ladylike" enough.

On a related topic, the Republicans understand that most people are not swayed by reasoned argument, but by emotion, so they'll find and exploit anything they can use to generate negative emotion towards an opponent, while concentrating on generating positive emotion towards their own candidate.

4. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Feb 15 2007, 11:22 AM) [snapback]390869[/snapback]</div>
    1. you are way too smart for me - so its a useless battle for me here. Just point out Israel had a female Prime Minister decades ago - well loved and respected - and a little weak being blamed for not pre-empting the impending attack that occured on our holiest day in 1973. funny how they can attack on our holiest day, but whoa if we do the same to them.....

2. generating negative emotion about an opponent - something that is being done day in and day out to G. W. Bush for the past 6 years? :lol: The fact that B. Hussein Obama did it to our own troops - that they wasted their lives being KIA in Iraq crosses the line - he was attacking the war and President Bush at the same time. What + emotion is being generated about Obama?

5. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Feb 15 2007, 10:43 AM) [snapback]390842[/snapback]</div>
    Just calling Obama 'Hussein' doesn't make dbermanmd racist. If we vote Obama in to the oval office just because he's new with fresh ideas, wasn't around long enough to have a status quo to protect and was lucky enough to be the guy who's stand on the war turned out to be the "right" one, then we'll have to see if that makes him a good president. If he turns out to be a huge mistake, even you will be calling him 'Hussein'. It's ok to call Bush 'the shrub' and 'the chimp' but it's not ok to call Obama 'Hussein'? Someone who calls bush 'the chimp' today would gets laughs. What would that same person get for calling Obama 'the chimp'? Do you see the double standard? If Obama is going to be a full-fledged politician, he'll have to get used to name calling, wouldn't you say?

6. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Vote for Al Sharpton! Vote for Jessie Jackson for Pres!!!!!

Im going for the ex NY mayor!! :rolleyes: :lol:

7. bulldog

bulldog Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    doberman or i should call you dogpile!! Hi dogpile, why don't you go answer the facts in the economics threads you started first?

Oh wait you can't deal with facts, you just work on emotions. If you are a doctor I'm certainly glad you don't treat me, as it will depend on your emotional feeling for the day.

My dog leaves coils on the lawn with more personality than you, now go play in your sandbox. I'm sure you will be able to find a local KKK club in the vicinity.

This post added as much value as all your posts here, i.e. none.

Goodbye troll, oops I mean dogpile.

8. eagle33199

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    First to Doberman:
    - calling you doberman in no way is an indication towards your religion... in fact, if you didn't constantly shove it down my (and everyone's) throats by calling us anti-semites when we say anything against you, i wouldn't even know you were jewish.
    - Calling Obama by his middle name is a very clear attempt at eliciting a negative reaction by attempting to draw a connection to others named Hussein (like Sadam).
    - You asked us to stop calling you Doberman, we complied. We ask you to stop calling Obama by his middle name, you resist. I enjoy listening to you spout double standards at times, but this is just starting to get annoying.

to Jack:
    - I've never called Bush anything other than "Bush", "Bush 2", or "Dubbya"
    (the last two only as ways of differentiating him from his father, not intended as insult). I don't laugh when people refer to him as a chimp (in fact, those comparison pictures are ridiculous - anyone who spends anytime in front of a camera could be put in them) or a shrub. I never endorsed these nicknames, nor do i find them appropriate. Saying that i'm setting a double standard is inaccurate and in poor taste.

9. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JackDodge @ Feb 15 2007, 12:14 PM) [snapback]390904[/snapback]</div>
    I am NOT name calling - it is his name. Has anybody gotten that yet. Could it be, that his middle name might eventually become an issue????

10. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Feb 15 2007, 12:33 PM) [snapback]390921[/snapback]</div>
    I'm not saying that you are setting a double standard and I'm not saying that you called bush 'the chimp'. It's not personal, it's a fact. People call bush 'the chimp' so they should also be able to call Obama 'Hussein' without being branded racist.

11. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bulldog @ Feb 15 2007, 12:31 PM) [snapback]390915[/snapback]</div>
    What economic facts - that i said the economy was strong, unemployment low, real wages up, stock market skying? Thats what i said. Obviously you are obfuscating here - wonder why - lost another one?

I am playing in the sandbox now - trying to clean up an odorous mess - something a dog left I think .

BTW - How many swastikas do you own?

If my posts add no value, than why do you respond? You should have better or higher opinion of yourself. It must be fustrating losing an arguement(s) to a person of my religion?

12. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Feb 15 2007, 12:36 PM) [snapback]390924[/snapback]</div>
    It's a kind of name calling though. If bush's middle name was Adolph I'm guessing that you'd be feeling rather insulted that your boy was being compared to Hitler. Calling Obama 'Barak' would be appropriate, but when his middle name is the same as the first name of the late Iraqi dictator, it comes across as name calling and you know it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bulldog @ Feb 15 2007, 12:31 PM) [snapback]390915[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: I'll have to remember that one, that's funny!

13. eagle33199

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Berman, do you not remember the thread? every one of your assertions about the economy was shown to be completely, hopelessly false with hard facts... you refused to accept that, though... i see you still do.

And as for his middle name... No, i don't think it will become an issue. you want to know why? A candidate might try to use it against him, at which point it'll come back to bite them in the nice person and ruin their candidacy. It'll be widely seen as a cheap shot without any merit. It'll make people wonder why the candidate had to resort to such a low shot - maybe there was nothing else he could find wrong with Obama?

YOU are the only one who is making it an issue. YOU are the only one who cares what his middle name is. YOU are the only one who constantly tries to stick it in peoples faces. It smacks of desperation.

14. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Feb 15 2007, 12:33 PM) [snapback]390921[/snapback]</div>
    So much for your definition of compliance. I hope you comply better with the IRS and other Federal agencies and laws of the land better than your record indicates.

Try this concept - Hussein is his given middle name. Doberman is not my given name. Think about that for a hour or two. There possibly is a difference although I am long done caring about you calling me names, because,...

I believe you mean it as an insult to my religion. I do not see evidence that would suggest otherwise - and you are probably just a nasty person to people you choose to be nasty to although probably nastier to some than others.

And stop annointing yourself the name police. Mr. Obama will be able to defend himself against all threats real and imagined and if he needs your help he for sure should be president of my country.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Feb 15 2007, 12:58 PM) [snapback]390944[/snapback]</div>
    Desperation :lol: He has a snowballs chance in hell of being elected President for lots of reasons and they dont even have to go to his middle name or anything other than the fact he does not posses the ability more than you do.

For the record I could not care less about his middle name (or skin color or religion - i would vote for Condi or Powell in a heartbeat before i voted for this one trick pony) - obviously not as much as you care - why is that by the way?

Seriously, you should be more upset seeing what the Dems are running with for '08. They better get a search party out - although i think hilary and bill have stopped that process cold in its tracks.

15. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ichabod @ Feb, 06:56 AM) [snapback]390814[/snapback]</div>
    I disagree. I think the vast majority of Americans are far more reasonable people than the OP. I think the GOP is very much afraid of Obama. He appeals to pretty much all the Democrats, which Hilary doesn't (although she does appeal more favorably to Black voters), and he appeals to so many in the middle - the real power is held in the middle. Guliani does too, but he has to get past the primaries first, which will be extremely tough for him.

I think the right's fear of Obama is the very reason they are training the likes of Doberman to bark out lies about him.

16. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Feb 15 2007, 01:23 PM) [snapback]390963[/snapback]</div>
    Almost agree with you. Americans are more tolerant than people here give them credit for. Disagree that they are afraid of a one trick pony who has a tendancy to put his foot in his mouth more frequently than kerry. I hope he gets the nod - would blow hilary and bill out forever - and that cant happen soon enough for me. second, mcain or guiliani will crush him like a fly. lets see - name me one region of the country he can count on for a solid block of state wins? appeals to people in the middle - and here is the problem of the dhimmocratic party - your definition of middle is so far left you need binoculars to see it.

tell me - by fixing a date in the sand to retreat from iraq does what for obama, the US, and the war on terror, and our armed forces?

17. bulldog

bulldog Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Feb 15 2007, 09:43 AM) [snapback]390930[/snapback]</div>
    You obviously live in denial as you got your nice person handed to in the economic discussion. And for the record I didn't even debate it with you.

But then again you live in denial, so it doesn't even surprise me.

And you are right I have beter thing to do than even read the dumb and ignorant statements you make. That is the only thing were you are right.

So keep running form the facts and spread propaganda, hell it worked well for the Nazi's.

18. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bulldog @ Feb 15 2007, 01:30 PM) [snapback]390973[/snapback]</div>
    What is this fascination you have with Nazi's?

And stick to the topic - B. Hussein Obama - my belief is that he is not ready for America more than America is not ready for him. If the Dems want a black man to run for President how about Harold Ford - an excellent man with experience? Then there is Collin Powell or even Condi - both excellent candidates with real life experience. I still wonder what makes BHO such a wunder-candidate (did you get it?). Could it be because he puts a date of defeat on the record for the Iraq War - is that the new dhimmocratic party litmus test?

19. eagle33199

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Once again, Doberman ignores a reasonable request, ignores a specific argument because it directly goes against what he's posting, and still expects people to take him seriously.

For the record, until you started calling me an anti-semetic, i didn't even know your religion. It's a baseless argument you're putting forward, and i'm guessing everyone can smell the stench of desperation coming off of you for making it.

So please, go ahead and call me an anti-semetic... i'll sit here and laugh at you for it. As i'm sure most of the rest of FHOP will.

And for the record, I can easily think of 5 very close friends of mine taht are jewish. 3 that are christian. and a handful more whose religion i don't know. And thats just my close friends.

20. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

Hussein Obama has a lot to hide from. Let him get fully submerged into the race and see how it goes for him.

His middle name is only one thing he'll try to leave off his resume. In the end, I don't think anyone will make any decisions based on his middle name, but the camp also knows if they do study groups, his negatives will be higher in the group that sees the word Hussein in his name, on his political banners, press, etc.. For this reason, the American press will make sure to leave it off.

The clintons are poster children for using the middle name. In fact for the last dozen years or more, it's been taboo to use Hillary Clinton.... oh, no... it's Hillary RODHAM Clinton. Too stuck up and proud to accept her husbands name I guess. Are they married or was it a political merger?

I've heard Billy called William Jefferson Clinton just about every time he's not referred to as Bill Clinton.

The middle name is a negative for Hussein Obama, so you and all the Hussein supporters would like the rest of us to leave it off the screen. It won't make a huge hill of beans difference, but I'd suggest that his opponents refer to him as "Barak Hussein Obama said...... did..... voted..... " in every sound bite they put out.