1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is America Ready for Obama?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Feb 14, 2007.

1. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Feb 15 2007, 02:15 PM) [snapback]391011[/snapback]</div>
    funny, why do you count your Jewish friends? I dont count my Muslim or Catholic friends or even my aethiests. I am not calling you an anti-Semite - you are just making me wonder, like references made towards me of being a racist B) Get it? Now you see how it feels - possibly. could it be that I am as racist as you are anti-Semetic?? get it?

hopefully point made and you can move forward from here.

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    If you wanted to use the full name "Barak Hussein Obama" i wouldn't have nearly as much a problem. However, initializing the first name as Berman does is wrong, as is your use of completely leaving off his first name.

You are correct that the Clinton's tend to use full names, but most politicians don't. I find it rather repulsive when someone tries to use something as petty as that for political gain. You won't find ANY serious political candidate calling Obama by either of those names. If they can respect the man enough to call him by the name he wishes, why can't the two of you?

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Feb 15 2007, 02:33 PM) [snapback]391019[/snapback]</div>
    exactly! his middle name will not prevent him from being elected president, not the color of his skin - it is complete inadequacy for the job that will.

again, how is he better than Harold Ford or Richardson or Clinton - the only difference so far is that he is the only dem that passes a litmus test - of setting an exact day for the defeat for the US in Iraq. And I ask again, does it bother any dhimmocrat here that given the chance, osama bin laden and any of his boys would vote for B. Hussein Obama in a heartbeat over ANY republican? How does it feel to identify with the enemy who killed 3,000 of your fellow citizens?? And the Stockholm syndrome is almost complete in the Democratic party - wait till they start blaming the victims of 9/11 - ooooops, some have already.

4. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Feb 15 2007, 02:00 PM) [snapback]391034[/snapback]</div>
    Question - is that just supposition, or did you personally interview OBL and friends to see who they would rather vote for?

Having a war in Iraq drag on and on only serves to increase animosity against us. Those in the middle of the war zone increasingly learn to hate us for our presence, and we are driving them towards OBL and friends. Not being there, they would have other people to hate rather than us.

So which is better, pulling out of a war zone we can't win, or staying and creating new enemies every day?

5. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    What does OBL want? This is about as good and succinct answer as I've been able to find in 5 years, sorry for dragging this one up again, but I keep hoping someone will point out any problems with this analysis:

http://www.gurus.com/dougdeb/politics/TS101.html

6. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Feb, 07:43 AM) [snapback]390842[/snapback]</div>
    Let's see now, since we're on the subject of middle names... what does that Walker stand for? Why George Herbert Walker of course. And where did Great-grand-daddy Herb and his son-in-law Prescott Bush amass their fortunes?

"Business transactions for profit with Nazi Germany were not illegal when Hitler declared war on the US, but, six days after the attack on Pearl Harbor, President Roosevelt signed the Trading With the Enemy Act after it had been made public that U.S. companies were doing business with the declared enemy of the United States. On October 20, 1942, the U.S. government ordered the seizure of Nazi German banking operations in New York City.

"The Harriman business interests seized under the act in October and November 1942 included:

" * Union Banking Corporation (UBC) (for Thyssen and Brown Brothers Harriman). The President of UBC at that time was George Herbert Walker, Prescott Bush's father-in-law. He is the grandfather and great-grandfather of the former and current Presidents Bush."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prescott_Bush

7. mojo

mojo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    What makes you think that the Republicans are fighting Bin Laden?I think that Bush is supporting Bin Laden.
    Before the Afghanistan invasion the Taliban offered to turn over Osama Bin Laden to a third party, but Bush declined the offer. Bin Laden was then allowed to escape capture during the invasion.
    Bush fought against the 9/11 investigation.Before the 9/11 commission released its report, Bush edited details involving the Saudis.Bushes father is in business with the Bin Ladens.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Feb 15 2007, 03:00 PM) [snapback]391034[/snapback]</div>

8. fuelsipper

fuelsipper New Member

"exactly! his middle name will not prevent him from being elected president, not the color of his skin - it is complete inadequacy for the job that will."

Doberman, the last part of that sentence must have been a mental slip, we know Bush fit that bill.

9. bulldog

bulldog Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Feb 15 2007, 10:56 AM) [snapback]390995[/snapback]</div>
    Where do I have a fascination with Nazis???? You were the one who started to bring up their symbol, etc.

Your behaviour on this forum is just very similar to people like that, blindly following propoganda and doing stupid things in the end.

All the things you critisize Obama for fits baby Bush a 100%, so there.

Go play in the traffic.

10. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Feb 15 2007, 10:12 AM) [snapback]390952[/snapback]</div>
    For the record...if you care about such things...more than one of us, apparently, pretty much instantly THOUGHT "doberman" upon first sight of your screen name...something to do with the way the brain processes words--seeing patterns. No, I won't name names, but I have had extensive off-board communications with other PC members and the subject arose. It has NOTHING to do, in any of the cases of which I am aware, with your religion. How could it? Dobermans (as in the those of the canine breed) are not inherently somehow "un-Jewish" dogs--they WERE mainly bred as guard dogs, but no longer (see Wikipedia). Oh wait...is it because they were originally bred by Germans that someone who calls you Doberman MUST be an anti-Semite? Sorry...as noted above, it's a natural elision (f u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb n cmptr prgrmmng) by the normal human brain upon seeing "dbermanmd," and yes, a later overlay with your "go for the jugular" posts that causes that. Some of the rest of us are also Jews. And aren't defensive about it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Feb 15 2007, 11:33 AM) [snapback]391019[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry again. Some of us gals are not "stuck up", but have a pre-existing identity we choose to maintain. Some choose to hyphenate, some not to use their husband's name at all, while others of us choose to use all three names...Hillary Rodham Clinton, for example.

Or, for another example, Susan Frank Zucker, aka Rufaro. And, I gotta tell ya--the credit card companies do not like it AT ALL when I send back my cards when they come saying Susan F. Zucker--but they cope. And yeah, my passport, driver's license and social security card ALL show all three names, all spelled out. All of the credit cards do, too, except for the one I've kept as Susan Frank, to maintain a credit identity--which isn't that easy to do for a married woman, in the face of attitudes such as yours. (It does, however, make it VERY easy to weed out junk mail, as I know anything addressed to Susan F. Zucker is fishing, since *I* NEVER use that formation.)

And PRIDE in one's own identity is not a bad thing. Unless, apparently, you are a male who is threatened by a female who chooses to think about what SHE wants and/or needs, rather than just accepting what is expected of her.

All in all, I believe we should all be granted the courtesy of having our names used as we choose them. We KNOW Obama's middle name. Dr. Berman's version is not that chosen by Mr. Obama. At the very least, Dr. Berman would make his own prejudices less obvious if he at least used "Barak Hussein Obama" rather than the initial "B.," which is clearly meant to highlight the middle name. No Dr. Berman, I don't think there's much of anybody here who gives a good goddamn that you are a Jew--except those of us who are also Jewish who cringe when you use it as a weapon. Or an excuse.