1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is Bush as bad as Bin Laden?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by jared2, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Please point out in any post in this TOPIC where you said that you were quoting from a different thread.

You need to go back and reread the history books. Without the USA and the Cash and Carry and later the Lend Lease Act, the UK, Russia and all those tiny countries would have fallen as did France and Poland. This is what the USA supplied to the Russians during WWII.

Aircraft.............................14,795
    Tanks.................................7,056
    Jeeps................................51,503
    Trucks..............................375,883
    Motorcycles..........................35,170
    Tractors..............................8,071
    Guns..................................8,218
    Machine guns........................131,633
    Explosives..........................345,735 tons
    Building equipment valued.......$10,910,000
    Railroad freight cars................11,155
    Locomotives...........................1,981
    Cargo ships..............................90
    Submarine hunters.......................105
    Torpedo boats...........................197
    Ship engines..........................7,784
    Food supplies.....................4,478,000 tons
    Machines and equipment.......$1,078,965,000
    Noniron metals......................802,000 tons
    Petroleum products................2,670,000 tons
    Chemicals...........................842,000 tons
    Cotton..........................106,893,000 tons
    Leather..............................49,860 tons
    Tires.............................3,786,000
    Army boots.......................15,417,000 pairs

Sorry not enough room on PC to completely support all the material supplied. . .

Wildkow

2. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

Yes I have a BA in Poly Sci so I have taken some History classes. Please use something else than personal attacks to refute my statement from an entirely different topic/thread that the USA saved the world from the Nazi's during WWII. I have as an example cited the Cash and Carry program and the Lend Lease Act as one on the key factor's in WWII. What do you have? :mellow:

Wildkow

3. dsunman

dsunman New Member

"You need to go back and reread the history books"

Again you've failed to support YOUR CLAIM that every country has been saved by us during WWII, WHAT HAPPENED TO POLAND and other mentioned states? No one is disputing the immense USA support to it's Allies (England, Soviet Union, France), but this support was only limited to the sphere of it's influence directly in adjacent Western European Front. Claiming that ALL COUNTRIES BENEFITED is erroneous! Before you CLAIM EVERYBODY you better make sure that your assumption is of unprecedented proof.

"all those tiny countries would have fallen"

What does "tiny country" mean, define it please? WHICH countries are you taking about? Expend on each individually since you're such a historical buff. What happened after Non-Aggression Pact in-between Poland and Germany?. What did France and England do in 1939? What happened after Ribbentrop-Molotov Pact? What happened to individual states in Central Europe? YOU CLAIM ALL WERE SAVED BY USA. Find me a single article, book that will support you claim. I'm so eager to be exposed to such revolutionary historical evaluation.

The stats ONLY support your point in regards Allies period! Again I want to see documented proof that we have "SAVED EVERYONES nice person" during WWII.

Well, you may resort to insults... keep 'em comin :blink:

4. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Sorry, dude but you forgot the The Rwanda Massacre in 1994. But in Bubba's defense we did have a pretty good economy that is until the .com crash. Oh well I tried. ;)

Wildkow

5. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

ALL RIGHT! DUNCEman is getting all worked up, gayman has finally crossed into first place in the ennui division, and even maggiexxx('cause she's hardcore!), drooled some of that mouth foam onto the fire! It's been an AWESOME day on PC!!!!

que: Usher, "YEAH! YEAH!"

:lol:

6. dsunman

dsunman New Member

phenomenal as usually :lol:

7. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

My dear Squiddly, no need to wet your panties over this, really, I do believe dsunman was giving you a genuine compliment by calling you #1 ATTENTION WHORE. You must have another pair of panties, right?

8. Mystery Squid

Real men wear boxers.

;)

9. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

yes Squiddly, I realize that, but I was talking only to you, so that's why I didn't say boxers

10. Mystery Squid

Guess that makes us 1 for 1 for today...

:lol:

Edit: I've been dying to know: What's your husband like maggie? Is he a male version of you, or totally whipped? You really seem like the type of person that could not handle anyone who argues with you. You fly off the handle too quick... :lol:

11. dsunman

dsunman New Member

BS I can deal with mange-a-trois, just kidding :lol:

BTY enjoy your one for one kids :lol:

12. Mystery Squid

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

13. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

I don't really know what he's like, I don't see the guy much, I spend most of my time on the corner, remember?

14. Mystery Squid

That is, if you ARE even married... :lol: I really think you're on here MORE than I am... I've even seen you on here on WEEKENDS!

...anyway, back to the thread.... :D

15. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

I hope you don't have wet dreams tonight becasue of this

16. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I did not resort to any insults in the post you quoted and apologized for my language in the post prior to that. Nice try though with the personal attack. How about an answer to this . . .

You completely ignored my first challenge to supply one post in this thread/topic where you said you were referencing a different thread or topic. Sheds new light on how seriously to take you after posting this . . .

I don't disappear but it appears that you, when you don't have an answer to a tough question tend to ignore it and hope it goes away. Supply the post or else "Plonk" . . .

OK you got me. . . we didn't technically save everyone or the whole world such as Germany or Italy or Japan or any other Axis power during WWII but we did save them shortly afterwards with the Marshall Plan! Of course they were the enemy but I do stand corrected on the statement that we saved the whole world or everybody or what ever it was that I said in a completely different topic and thread . Also we didn't save the Swiss, during WWII, who remained neutral while the rest of the world or much of it was threatened with one of the worst crisis in history. But somehow managed to take as much stolen loot and gold from the Germans as they possibly could. I guess by definition we also didn't save any other neutral country. I'm sure that if the Nazi's would have been able to win WWII that they wouldn't dare dream of imposing their will on any of those neutral countries. Just think of the scorn and critism they would have had to suffer! ;) That is of course as long as those countries didn't have any Jews or Poles or Russians or Gypsies.
    Also I think that for the sake of argument that most people would not nitpick my statement and construe that I meant those nations mentioned above directly but in one way or the other (read Marshall Plan) we saved them and the world from the Nazi’s.

Now for Poland which was invaded in Sept. of 1939 and was only expected to hold out for 2 weeks by Britain and France who promised to come to their aid but did not. Poland actually lasted more than twice as long and contrary to some published history books (probably the ones you read) did more damage to the Germans than France and Britain did during all of 1940. About 2 weeks later the Russians also invaded, due to the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, also known as the Hitler-Stalin Pact or Nazi-Soviet Pact so the Poles had to fight a two front war. It’s a good thing that the USA instituted the Cash and Carry program and the Lend Lease Act which Poland did not benefit from directly as a nation because well they were occupied at the time. But it’s a good thing for the Lend Lease Act and USA’s involvement in WWII, because the Germans declared their intention to wipe out the Polish race which was supposed to be accomplished by 1975. The Polish Army, Navy and Air Force reorganized abroad and were the only nation to fight on every front of the war. The Polish navy escaped completely intact. I have no recollection if they received any monies from the Lend Lease Act directly but I got a crispy new $100 bill here that says they were aided by the Act in one way or the other.

Duh, Germany broke it by invading why do you ask and what does it matter?

Almost any credible history book except, obviously, the ones you have read. Name one history book that says otherwise. see the bottom of the post for books.

So I hope that this bit of history bolsters your rather weak grasp of that period. But whatever you do don’t bother me anymore I think you are petty and have a desire to rewrite history just to bash the present administration and by far the

GREATEST COUNTRY IN HISTORY THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

Wildkow

p.s.

OK here are history books that support or confirm my assertations . . .

Allen, R.G.D. "Mutual Aid between the US and the British Empire, 1941—5", in Journal of the Royal Statistical Society no. 109 #3, 1946. pp 243-77 online at JSTOR detailed statistical data
    Clarke, Sir Richard. Anglo-American Economic Collaboration in War and Peace, 1942-1949. Oxford, 1982.
    Dawson, Raymond H. The Decision to Aid Russia, 1941: Foreign Policy and Domestic Politics (1959)
    Dobson, Alan P. U.S. Wartime Aid to Britain, 1940-1946 London, 1986.
    Herring Jr. George C. Aid to Russia, 1941-1946: Strategy, Diplomacy, the Origins of the Cold War (1973)
    Kimball, Warren F. The Most Unsordid Act: Lend-Lease, 1939-1941 (1969).
    Kindleberger, Charles P. A Financial History of Western Europe (1984)
    Louis, William Roger. Imperialism at Bay: The United States and the Decolonization of the British Empire, 1941-1945. 1977.
    Milward, Alan S. War, Economy and Society (1975)
    Reynolds, David. The Creation of the Anglo-American Alliance 1937-1941: A Study on Competitive Cooperation (1981)
    Sayers, R. S. Financial Policy, 1939-45 (1956). One of the official British histories
    Sherwood, Robert E. Roosevelt and Hopkins, an Intimate History (1948). Pulitzer Prize winner.
    Taylor, A. J. P. Beaverbrook 1972.
    Thorne, Christopher. Allies of a Kind: The United States, Britain and the War Against Japan, 1941-1945 1978.
    Woods, Randall Bennett. A Changing of the Guard: Anglo-American Relations, 1941-1946 (1990)
    1. Twenty-first Report to Congress on Lend-Lease Operations, pg 25.

World War II History that confirm or support my assertations. . .
    ^ Churchill, Winston (1948–1953), The Second World War, 6 vols.
    ^ Gilbert, Martin (1995). Second World War, Phoenix. ISBN 1857993462.
    ^ Keegan, John (1989). The Second World War, Hutchinson. ISBN 0091740118.
    ^ Liddel Hart, Sir Basil (1970). History of the Second World War, London: Cassell. ISBN 0304935646.
    ^ Murray, Williamson and Millett, Allan R.. A War to Be Won: Fighting the Second World War, Harvard University Press. ISBN 067400163X.
    ^ Overy, Richard (1995). Why the Allies Won, Pimlico. ISBN 0712674535.
    ^ Shirer, William L. (1959). The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, Simon & Schuster. ISBN 0671624202.
    Smith, J. Douglas and Richard Jensen. World War II on the Web: A Guide to the Very Best Sites (2002)
    ^ Weinberg, Gerhard L. (1994). A World at Arms: A Global History of World War II, Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0521443172.

17. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's fun to watch these topics change then slowly go back to the original topic.

My stance on this is simple. Of course bush isn't as bad. Do you see anyone on pc getting shot for this post? no.

I don't like bush because he's a liar. I have no respect for him and i wait for his time to be up so we can get a new president and end this stupid war which was expected to end many times on empty promises. <--- enough of a run on for ya?

p.s. I think bush has turned to the dark side :)

18. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Do you like Clinton?

19. dsunman

dsunman New Member

Read post #53, that's where I supplied the post from another thread.

So you just agreed with me. I proved you wrong. We haven't saved everybody's nice person during WWII. Poland is a perfect example that we haven't spent a penny nor we facilitated any help whatsoever, we left it to its own devices and the country suffered until mid 80s under bruttal Soviet opression.
    Have you ever talked to any Pole who thanked you for the WWII, because I didn't.
    Poland is not the only one. So your entire rhetoric is irrelevant in this conversation as I was never disputing that we have been a major player, if not the most important player in the WWII. The fact is WE HAVE NOT SAVED EVERYBODY'S nice person. None of your listed books will prove otherwise. So stop giving me books that only prove my point. All you had to do is say sorry that you made a mistake.

20. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

it's funny how some people (in this instance Wildkow) get all paranoic about something, then they agree with the person they are arguing with and at the end they say they were right.
    Is it possible to be any more contradicting?