1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is Bush as bad as Bin Laden?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by jared2, Mar 21, 2006.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I ignored this thread for a long time b/c of the inevitable tangents. But heck, here I am....

A simple yes or no won't do actually...IMO.

"Bush & OBL are the same b/c they have similar hair color and are both male and are both leaders of their respective people."

Is that a true statement about Bush and OBL being alike? Sure it is. But it has no relevance to the validity of their respective causes, objectives and goals.

I submit that neither does the comparison put forth in the original quote...albeit it comes closer than my jovial comparator.

I definately do not agree with Bush and what he's trying to do, but I do not believe that he is doing it as some cause for God or to get into Heaven. I'm not even sure I believe that is why OBL is doing what he is doing.

If they have similarities I say it is that they are both equally misguided due to simple ignorance of one another's cultures and the refusal to try to accept and understand them.

2. kingofgix

kingofgix New Member

Tthen you should specifically reply to my post where I demonstrated that he is.

3. kingofgix

kingofgix New Member

No. OBL is worse.

4. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    We may totally disagree on this topic, but I fully appreciate how much you have helped me in regards to purchasing and now operating my 19 day old Prius. You are truly as asset to this BB.

5. kingofgix

kingofgix New Member

Yeah, and they were all wrong. What's your point?

6. dsunman

dsunman New Member

wildcow aka "SAVOIR OF WORLD ASSES" and his critical GRANDIOSE reasoning skills :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love it, keep'em comin' :D

7. EricGo

EricGo New Member

This is not directed at me .. just continuing the thought ..
    My point, that our brilliant neo-con friend keeps missing is that the white house deceived/lied/misled the congress and nation into the Iraqi war.

I do find it amusing though, to hear people on this forum parrot talking points from the right wing propaganda sites.

BTW, an FYI to all: if a neo-con says you are illogical, it MUST be true.

8. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Please read my Topic entitled If Bush is a liar then . . .

Wildkow

p.s. You demonstrated nothing you just declared him a liar.

9. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My point!?! Seems obvious they are not just wrong, they are liar's. Just like that damn weatherman when he says it's going to be a nice day and it rains. Also see my post entitled "If Bush is a liar then . . "

10. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    LOL, Bush is a Liar!! Well show me a president that doesnt Lie or break moral codes.......

I'm just glad that Al Gore is not in office or wed all be comparing bicycles... LOL

11. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    Now bicycles are bad?? Low emissions. Very few people killed by bicycle drivers. Low insurance rates. Easy to drive. Low maintenance and operating costs...

Bush is a liar. Impeach him.

12. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes. Each statement as given is correct. Anyone who thinks not, please explain which ones are not true, and why.

13. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    They all lie, therefore they are all identical? If you see no difference between lying about a blowjob and lying about war, then you a moral retard, a dog with his tongue LOLling out of his head. Thanks for sharing.

14. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Richard I agree with your premise, but don't feel the need to degrigate the messenger. It is no secret that a benefit of being rich and powerful is that you can have sex with any chick or guy that you want. The fact that the neocons tried to ruin Clinton over this and other non-issues is bad enough. What's worse is that they don't chastize GWB for HIS misguided follies. This automatically makes ALL of them suspect in anything they say. Leading a nation to war just to take the heat off of your coup-de-etat is far more unconscionable than trying to stay out of the dog house with your wife. Too bad the religious zealots and neocons can't distinguish the difference and act accordingly. It taints ALL their sheeple followers. It divides, not unites.

15. EricGo

EricGo New Member

I might of read this here the first time, but here goes anyway:

man: would you sleep with me for 10,0000000000000 dollars ?
    woman: hmm. OK
    man: how about $1 ?
    woman: How dare you ?!??!! Do you think I am a whore ??
    man: The whore part we have determined. Now is time to negotiate the price.

16. kingofgix

kingofgix New Member

You are wrong. I demonstrated that he lied about mobile weapons labs that did not exist. You have not countered that specific assertion.

And I did not say Bush is the only one who lied. That is a distraction from the topic at hand. My point is that Bush lied to send us to war, and he is the President, and he is the one who led the charge on the war in Iraq. You don't get away with murder just because you had accomplices.

And you also haven't countered my specifc assertions as to why the war in Iraq is a bad idea. Assertions like:

-We are spending far more on Iraq than on the terrorists who committed the 9/11 attack.
    -the terrorists who committed 9/11 are still operating freely and planning and conducting more attacks, and we are proportionally doing very little to deter them.
    -the terorists who commited 9/11 are not a nation, and will never be defeated nor seriously hindered in a nation vs. nation war (with the unique exception of the war in Afghanistan, which I support)
    - Saddam Hussein had virtually nothing in common with the 9/11 terrorists. He was a secular leader, not a radical religious leader. He does not share their radical ideology. So attacking him is not part of the "war on terror", but a distraction from it.
    -Bush "cooked" the reasons for going to war with Iraq. There are many examples of this. You haven't countered a single one of them.
    -Bush was wrong about the reasons for going to war in Iraq. He wasn't the only one who was wrong, but he was wrong, and he is the President.

17. kingofgix

kingofgix New Member

A failure to distinguish between what one does in ones personal life and what one does realative to starting wars shows a sickening lack of judgement. This type of rationalization implies a complete disregard for human life and suffering.

18. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I suggest there is a different basis for comparison of these two people.

It is that they truly believe their respective religions and they have become leaders of their people. There are several places in the Christian Bible where the true believer is clearly instructed to kill any who question the teachings of the Christian God. One of those is Deuteronomy 13:7-11. Get out your Bible and read it. This leaves absolutely no doubt for the true believer.

The Koran is as clear in its teaching. Witness the man in Afghanistan who is now facing death for converting to Christianity. We must face the truth. Religions do not teach tolerance of those who adhere to other religions. They teach us to kill those of other religions. That worked well when we lived in tribes. But now that we live in a global economy with the ability to kill on a massive scale, we need a different way of relating with each other.

The bottom line is that each man is doing his best to implement his beliefs on the world. We need to unite in stoppinig this foolishness.

19. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I love the way people keep bringing the issue back to the BJ’s and or sex. As if that was the issue that garnered the impeachment He lied in front of a Grand Jury! Not to mention his family and the entire Nation! These were facts and events he had personal and intimate (pun intended) knowledge about. The same thing that is now being done to Libby and his culpability in no way approaches that of Bubba’s.

Of course I'm with Clinton on the notion that Oral Manipulation of another’s genitalia “is†not considered “real†sex. I have had little or no success with my wife on this point, however. :rolleyes:

Course it all hinges on what your definition of “Is†… is. :lol:

Wildkow

p.s. I thought the people that spearheaded the impeachment could have found a better way to handle the matter. Don't get me wrong Bubba was the cause of the shame brought upon the Office of the President but ya just don't air your dirty laundry in public. :rolleyes:

20. kingofgix

kingofgix New Member

Wildkow,

If you were referring to my post, I would love for you guys to stay on topic, but you don't really seem to have anything to say, so you keep changing the subject.

Nobody said Clinton didn't lie. My point was, Clinton lied about his personal sex life and Bush lied to start a war. That makes them both liars, but lying to get us into a war far worse thing to do.

p.s. - you haven't responded to ANY of my points.