1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is circumcision "a bizarre American custom"?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by jared2, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(keydiver @ Jun 15 2006, 02:36 PM) [snapback]271852[/snapback]</div>
    I thought the problem was thinking way to much with the penis? Always causes problems ask Bill. :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Subversive @ Jun 15 2006, 08:02 PM) [snapback]271990[/snapback]</div>
    ................................................... :wacko: .............................................

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Jun 15 2006, 10:13 PM) [snapback]272062[/snapback]</div>
    Read, learn. Yes it has everything to do with large penises in the George Carlin sense, and nothing about your penis or public health. It is promoted by the military because it may be a problem if there is no chance to practice personal hygiene for weeks on end. Is that a good reason to do a surgical procedure on almost every male in America? Religion is a far, far better reason. I am more than willing to provide the services as a to anyBris Milah. I would be proud to do what I could. As far I as I am concerned it is a religious practice.

3. jared2

jared2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jim1eye @ Jun 15 2006, 11:51 PM) [snapback]272016[/snapback]</div>
    I think the link changed; it was right yesterday.

See this link:

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/na...0,5592977.story

4. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Jun 16 2006, 01:01 AM) [snapback]272057[/snapback]</div>
    TMI !! :eek:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hdrygas @ Jun 16 2006, 01:28 AM) [snapback]272070[/snapback]</div>
    Years ago, there was a parody ad on Saturday Night Live for some car (a Mercury Marquis, I think) where a rabbi performed a bris in the back seat, implying what a smooth ride the car had. This would make a good Prius ad!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hdrygas @ Jun 16 2006, 12:35 AM) [snapback]272046[/snapback]</div>
    See the thread here:
    http://priuschat.com/Why-the-Religious-Rig...ion-t20765.html

5. Oxo

Oxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jun 15 2006, 09:38 AM) [snapback]271612[/snapback]</div>
    A couple of years ago I saw a TV programme about regular village ceremonies in which young boys are circumsised in Turkey by bearded old boys with an ordinary knife, presumably a very sharp one. As I remember these boys aged around 6 sat around in the village square waiting while the old chap came along the line with his knife. No anaesthetic of course. It must have been a ghastly, horrific experience for many of these boys. Some grow up to strongly resist the same procedure being done to their sons but many continue the tradition, repeating this horror generation after generation. I don't suppose it's only in Turkey that this ceremony takes place. It's bizarre, cruel, and primitive whether you think it is or not.

6. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Jun 15 2006, 11:08 PM) [snapback]271994[/snapback]</div>
    I am shocked that the hygiene argument is still used in support of circumcision. It may have made sense in older, less sanitary times, but not in this day and age of clean water, showers, soap and baths.
    How difficult is it to clean the vagina? Would it make sense to mutilate girls' vaginas just to make them easier to clean? Or remove the ear lobes to make it easier to clean behind the ears? Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it?

7. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KMO @ Jun 15 2006, 08:13 AM) [snapback]271628[/snapback]</div>
    What was good enough for British Royals must be good for the Yanks.

Royalty and Circumcision

Do the British Circumcise?

8. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    LOL
    Someone should take a poll and see how many people are, CUT= circumcised or UNCUT=uncircumcised..

No wonder women don't like to do fellatio anymore since they have to deal with the flapper.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Again I guess it all boils down to opinions I am for circumcision.. :mellow:

One can argue the facts good or bad, but it won't change my mind... :p

9. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Jun 17 2006, 10:58 AM) [snapback]272683[/snapback]</div>
    As my wife likes to say, "Pencil "sharpened" or "unsharpened""

10. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Jun 17 2006, 11:58 AM) [snapback]272683[/snapback]</div>
    no poll needed, it's a fact that there are more uncut than cut men in the world as the cultural circumcision is practiced only in several countries in the world.

and as far as women not liking fellatio anymore because of the "flapper", are you speaking from your personal experience, are you a female? Or perhaps you are a guy and don't like fellatio with uncut men but that would be silly to make such statements on behalf of women, wouldn't it?

11. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

It is very disheartening to see how pathetically sick PriusChat is getting.

If I’m a member of this Forum, am I this sick too?

12. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(grasshopper @ Jun 17 2006, 04:25 PM) [snapback]272792[/snapback]</div>

Clearly you are since you used the 'sick' word "nipple" in your signature.

I personally apologize if you're offended by reasonable discussion of the human anatomy.

13. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    What amazes me the most? We can have a civilized discussion about snipping penises... but can't even come close to doing that for politics or religion.

If anybody is counting - I sure don't remember when it happened, I don't believe it made me socially unstable, and during most of my formitive years I didn't realize anything had actually "happened" to me. Then I saw one that was NOT snipped, and that just about scared the hell out of me! :)

Oh... and because of a thread on penises, I just ordered $50 of DVDs from some place on the other side of the country. How weird is this existance?

14. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jun 17 2006, 05:30 PM) [snapback]272795[/snapback]</div>

No need to apologize, no-one on this planet needs to apologize to me. For anything!

I think I’ll try to stick more to the technical discussions. But admittedly, at times it’s difficult.

15. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(grasshopper @ Jun 17 2006, 03:21 PM) [snapback]272809[/snapback]</div>
    If you want to limit yourself to technical discussions, I suggest you stay out of Fred's House of Pancakes. :rolleyes:

16. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Jun 17 2006, 05:44 PM) [snapback]272797[/snapback]</div>
    I have to agree 100% on all parts with darelldd. ;)

P.S.

grasshopper: Your only sick & twisted if you only hang out in FHOP like some of US.. :D :) :) :lol:

17. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

This is such a weird thread, I'm compelled to post within it!

Actually, I have a very good perspective to add to this discussion. I didn't get circumsized until I was in the 3rd grade for various reasons, I think it had something to do with me being very premature, anyway, I do remember having the foreskin, and how painful, and time consuming it was to clean it properly. I actually dreaded that part of taking a bath, as the penis with foreskin pulled back is super-sensitive to touch and water. Whether or not that super-sensitivity would have remained into adulthood, I'm not sure, but if that was the way it would have been, thank goodness it was removed. Plus, IMO, it's just nasty, one of nature's "fault's" if you will...

:ph34r:

18. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jun 18 2006, 12:11 AM) [snapback]272933[/snapback]</div>
    I have to say I have heard the same horror stories regarding the pianful cleaning excercies from others and how relieved they were after being circumcised... ;)

I have to feel sorry for those who get it done at a older age as it can really be painful for a short time.. :(

I remember gym class and the guys that were uncut having to clean it in the showers we wernt homophobic :rolleyes: and it was not thought of twice seeing another dangler. But seeing an uncut one was different and the guys would say they had to clean it do to oil build up, residual urine & sweat or else it would smell and or they could get yeast infections :blink: . Stuff the cut guys didnt have to worry about :unsure: .. People can say its barbaric to cut it, but from what I've seen & heard it really seems just as or even more barbaric leaving it uncut. :eek:

I was done at birth so I do not remember it... :)

19. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Jun 18 2006, 12:46 AM) [snapback]272943[/snapback]</div>
    Yeast infection is equally common in circumcised and uncircumcised men

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Jun 18 2006, 12:46 AM) [snapback]272943[/snapback]</div>
    so what exactly have you seen?

20. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

maggie, m'dear! Just in time for a Photoshop :rolleyes: