1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is Good, good enough Gen IV (not 2023) Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by hyhi, Feb 14, 2023.

1. hyhi

hyhi Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Just got my 2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT. Only put 463 miles on her, drive from Dealership. Carvana, if they will still be around come 4/20 will come out and apprise my ride. Not a clue what they will offer, know in the past the automated AI was giving crazy buy values.

If for some reason they make me an offer to good to refuse wondering if there are, or will be, sweet deals on 2022 model Prius left over (if any). Maybe even a 2022 Prime though hate losing rear hatch storage space due to that battery.

I know the 2023 is the Cat's Meow for many...heck just the increase hp alone brings a smile to my face. Though as some have mentioned the 2023 loses some points, even Consumer Reports seems to like the old one better (rear storage, slight line out the rear window and front window side pillers).

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I think the 2022 Prius are gone

3. hyhi

hyhi Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Well, that answered that question lol.
    thanks

bisco likes this.
  4. MalachyNG

MalachyNG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I feel you on buyers remorse or rethinking your recent purchases but you have to account for the hassle of buying a car, tax, title, insurance, registration... There's no way swapping your ride so soon will make financial sense. Even if you get an offer and you somehow make profit you'll owe taxes on that profit. Then you're back to car shopping again. You picked the Maverick for a reason. Enjoy your new car. And turn off all the new stock alerts from car websites.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  5. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Keep in mind, some people will really want the 2023.

A few of them will be trading in 2022s to get them. So there's still that way...

McCarthy and bisco like this.
  6. David Mk.2

David Mk.2 Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Why would you want a 2022 Prius to replace a 2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT? (Why did you get a pickup if you are in the market for a hatchback?) If it's just because there might be a good deal, the amount of extra money you would have spent selling the pickup for a loss and having double the fees for buying two vehicles, even if the sticker price looks good (which it probably won't), you're still not going to be coming out ahead.

McCarthy likes this.
  7. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Are you trying to flip the Maverick?

Cars.com has some new 2022 listed. The thing is, the low supply that has been impacting pricing for the Maverick is also impacting the Prius. It looks like dealers are listing 2023 MSRP for 2022 models. Short supply of 2022, and slow roll out of 2023 means no end of year deals.

8. McCarthy

McCarthy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The idea is to buy low in a buyers market, and to sell high in a sellers market.

Selling high and buying high isn't worth the effort.

Sell the pickup for a premium price on your own and skip the middleman garbage called Carvana. Sit on the money until the end of the year and then buy something else with a discount, when dealers start sitting on their inventory because half America is back to living from paycheck to paycheck due to more Federal rate hikes, and shitty credit scores for not seeing the writing on the wall.