1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is Hell Forever?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Mar 7 2007, 06:30 PM) [snapback]401935[/snapback]</div>
    Oh, yes. He's always posting oh-so-respectful of other peoples' viewpoints posts like this one.

2. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Mar 7 2007, 06:39 PM) [snapback]401941[/snapback]</div>
    I read it and took it as being funny in a twisted kinda way to prove a point. Didnt you see the face? ;)

I feel sorry for those who take every thing so seriously, and are so quick to judge ie: chop off ones head and parade around the threads with the head as a sort of trophy.... :blink: :rolleyes: I and several others can speak of this as we have first hand expieriance. It gets expencive having to reorder my head, and then theres the shipping & handling oh yeah then insurance..... :rolleyes:

He really doesnt have to explain what he types , same goes for yourself....

I see nothing wrong with a person stating what they believe in no matter who it offends... But you have to admit since the Down to the Rapture with George Thread, Religion has become a very Hot topic in FHOP :lol: ...

Hows that go again, those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones :mellow: :lol: ...

I didnt understand the above quote, it showed my post But my statement didnt belittle infact it complimented the poster...

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Mar 7 2007, 03:30 PM) [snapback]401935[/snapback]</div>
    That's why this post of his surprised me. It's so out of character for him. I'm not bothered by it, any more than I am when people driving by a peace demonstration yell obscenities at us. But it really made me think he was not quite himself when he posted it. Smoking something his church would not approve of, perhaps? :rolleyes: :
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Mar 7 2007, 03:49 AM) [snapback]401543[/snapback]</div>
    Let's see: He calls me weak, and a bully. (Can you apply the word "bully" to someone for criticizing religious beliefs on the internet, or for walking unarmed up to armed air force guards and talking to them about how they are working for a terrorist organization because it drops bombs on people from airplanes? I have never used or threatened violence against anyone.)

But to continue, He asserts that I cannot take it if someone says something bad about my cat (where does he come up with that?) He calls me a freak. He insinuates that I have alienated all my friends and loved ones, even though he knows nothing about my personal relationships.

I repeat that I am not the least offended. I certainly can take it. I have taken much worse. I am merely puzzled that Windstrings, who usually limits himself to quoting irrelevant passages from the Bible, should suddenly launch into such personal attacks and insults.

4. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Mar 7 2007, 07:58 PM) [snapback]401972[/snapback]</div>
    Again, I believe we do take each other at face err typed values, Yes we do not know about others true personal lives other than what we read /see here...

weather people want to agree with my thoughts or not I really dont care, but I think of FHOP posters as little 'clicks' roaming about posting threads and replies.. Some are more closer knit than others... ;)

I really cant speak for him..... I can offer my views as stated before...

I do have to admit he has MOXY! ;)

He continues on like a timex watch it takes a lickin but keeps on tickin :lol:

5. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Mar 7 2007, 05:39 PM) [snapback]401941[/snapback]</div>
    LOL!.... you guys are so stinkn funny!.... You guys love dishing it out, but sure can't stomach taking it your own medicine!.... LOL!... grow up and suck it up.. you deserve far more than this......

Did some big bad mean person call poor little Daniel a bad name?

You guys totally don't like it when you have to defend yourself do you?.. why because you have no defense, other than "he's calling me names!"

You have no grounding or foundation for your wild outlandish liberal views other than that you get to hide behind acting like you care about the environment and others when in reality you don't care about anything or body but yourselves.
    Even to the point of casting stones at those who actually believe in something noble and noteworthy!

Why does it bother you guys if someone actually has something to live for?

As and as far as the name calling.. I guess your right!..... but if you review any of my posts you will see they are not frivoulous but dead serious.

I am only respectful to those who respect others.
    Did we all forget respect is earned?... yes everyone gets the benifit of a doubt to get started, but once they disrepect God, they lose my respect, unless they are doing it innocently.

I have no pity on those who without mercy try and discount God and those who believe in God when they have nothing they believe in themselves?.. It just gripes thier butt that someone believes in God!!!
    Like.. "oh no!"..What if God is really real?.. Oh no!..

If you are not a true heathen then you would be excited at the prospect that at the end of this pitiful life on earth, you may live forever in the presence of an all powerful God with no more tears or pain or diseases...

Why does that bother you? And why are you against that?...
    Why does it bother you if I pray to my God when you have no God?

And why is it more believable and easier for you to follow an Idea that doesn't challenge your way of life.

God has promised peace love and joy.. for your ashes.. but you would rather keep your ashes instead so you can have your perversion.

What the really sad thing is that if you even knew what it felt like to be without sin, you would realize the true heaviness and bondage it really is!
    Like a dog that returns to its vomit and likes it.. so the sinner returns to his sin over and over.

Is it name calling if you mean what you say... or only if it hurts someones feelings?

We certainly wouldn't want to hurt someones feelings... they might get offended and that would be really really bad wouldn't it?

The reason many churches are so pathetic is because they won't hurt anyones feelings and tell them its wrong to live the sinful lives they live and there a better easier way.

Being Christian is not being a patsy.

(Mat 10:32 NKJV) "Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven.
    (Mat 10:33 NKJV) "But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.
    (Mat 10:34 NKJV) <span style="color:#cc0000">"Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword.
    (Mat 10:35 NKJV) "For I have come to 'set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law';
    (Mat 10:36 NKJV) "and 'a man's enemies will be those of his own household.'
    (Mat 10:37 NKJV) "He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.
    (Mat 10:38 NKJV) "And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.
    (Mat 10:39 NKJV) "He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.
    (Mat 10:40 NKJV) "He who receives you receives Me, and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.
    </span>
    Does this sound like Jesus is worried about hurting someones feelings?

Where are the men?.... I'm so tired of patsys that think that letting the devil beat up on us is being christian.

I am not attacking Daniel.... I feel for Daniel and I pray he finds God and becomes an eternal member of Gods family.... but I do attack the "spirit" that drives Daniel and all his little followers.

Peace brother.... love and flower power baby!.. pass the joint while your at it and give me another shot in my arm!

Is it better to call someone a Freak or a heathen?....

Daniel is both so whats the difference?..

Glad you asked.. I'll tell you... a heathen is simply someone who doesn't know God... a Freak is a heathen thats perverted from the original that God created him. I can't even call him a freak of nature.. its more like a freak of evil and perversion.

I hold no one accountable that knows no better.. . even Jesus himself prayed to his father to forgive them for crucifying him as they didn't know what they did.
    But at the same time he challenged those that did know better!

(John 8:43 NKJV) "Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word.
    (John 8:44 NKJV) "You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.
    (John 8:45 NKJV) "But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me.
    (John 8:46 NKJV) "Which of you convicts Me of sin? And if I tell the truth, why do you not believe Me?
    (John 8:47 NKJV) "He who is of God hears God's words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God."

The liberals too speak of thier own resources.. without foundation.

But now in this age in this time, on this forum, it has been perfectly clear who Jesus is and what he represents and many are chosing to cast him to the ground and crucify him all over again.
    If we lived 2000 years ago.... Daniel and his crowd are the very type that would be the ring leaders to drag Jesus up golgathas hill as he is does today on this forum.

What do you think the motivation for killing Jesus was back then?
    What do you think the motivation for killing Jesus is today?..any difference at all?.... I think not.

When you stand before the judgement seat of God.... you won't have any of your liberal friends to speak on your behalf.... it will be just you and God... what will be your defense?

I thought you weren't real so I persecuted your followers?
    I was mad at you because you didn't follow my terms to prove yourself to me?
    Gee, I'm sorry, can you give me another chance?

What will you say?

I"m not playing games with you liberals.. this is about your life for eternity... you see it as nonsense.

6. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Mar 7 2007, 10:45 PM) [snapback]402047[/snapback]</div>
    I doesn't. Why does it bother YOU if someone feels there IS no afterlife with a harp 'n halo?

If your big, bad God can't take a little ribbing, then he's a dick. Just like Superman.

I don't care if you worship God, Allah, L. Ron Hubbard, or Alice from "The Brady Bunch". What annoys me is when others try to push their beliefs onto me.

It doesn't bother me. Why does it bother YOU if I don't pray to your God?

Again, I can't stress this strongly enough: Just because I think someone's religion is goofy doesn't mean I think they person who believes that religion is goofy. Go ahead, pray to your various God(s), Godesses, or Flying Spaghetti Monsters. Just don't tell me what to believe (or no believe).

7. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Like you and loveitttomuch and piousguy04? I notice you do don't like to answer direct questions, or to defend yourselves...

I left one word out...to show how it could apply to you as well...

Why is that? I would hazard a guess, that Christ was never that small, as to lose respect. Anger, He might have had at those who were in the temple, selling wares...but to individuals, He always seemed respectful.

Um, you are always with sin; you sin all the time. God has forgiven you of all your sins, but you still sin. Everyone sins. It's just what we as humans, do.

:lol: You really are a case, aren't you? WHY would you go out of your way, to offend others? WHY oh why? Yet, you do, all the time. All the time. And the real reason a lot of churches are dying, and are pathetic, is because a lot of those churches are stuck in the 19th century. Way behind the times. A church should be a hospital, where one goes to get healed, to feel better, not to feel beaten up even more. Anyone with an active conscience knows what it is to do wrong, and how rotten that feels. If they can't, they need more then what most churches offer.

There is a better way, true, but what is better for me, and you, may not match what is better for others.

Being a 'Christian' should mean, being tolerant, and loving of others who often will disagree with you. You know, the whole turn the other cheek thing.

Jesus, I doubt, said those incendiary words you quoted. More then likely, they were added by over zealous first century church founders. Again, no proof as to what Christ said, but it seems less likely that a Man of Peace would advocate war, or fighting. Heck, He even said that in passages of the New Testament.

I don't pray for Daniel at all. Why would I? My prayers would mean nothing, in the long run. For, see, I understand that GOD would not try to turn Daniels mind to anything. He is not about that. Freedom of Choice. Free Will. You know, that sort of thing. SO, if you pray to God to change Daniels mind, you are asking God to step in, and interfere with something. And God does not interfere, with free will.

Why are peace loving people always associated with drugs? Come on. Some of us Republicans want peace, and we don't do drugs...

You just put someone down; all you defenders of Alan, take notice please, the next time you are saying he does not put anyone down, or call people names...

Oh, joy, you walked into this one. The leaders of the Jewish faith, back in Jesus time, they plotted to kill Jesus, since He and His views upset their well being, their status as the Top Dogs of their religion. So, when you ask, what would be the motivation for killing Jesus today? The same thing. The top religious leaders would plot to kill him, since His radical views, and no doubt His radical style, would upset the statue quo. So no difference at all...well, now those leaders would be Christian...

You are too, playing games, since I challenge you to take your views, off these safe boards, and go into a bikers bar, or a place where the 'scum of the earth' hang out, and try to convert those there. Try it, just once, armed with your KJV of the Bible and nothing else.

You don't have the balls to do that.

So you are playing games. It's easy to be big and bad nice person here, but out there? Sheet, you would fold like a house of cards.

I, on the other hand, have taken my Bible, into some of the worse places in Miami, and talked about God. I have been spit on, punched, kicked, cussed at, and been told to go f**k myself.

And I have also talked to people, and in the long run, some of those people have become followers of Christ, and not the type that beat the heads over with Bibles, but the type that walk like Christ did.

I don't play games with what I do. Not here, not in the real world. So when you want to join me, on a real street crusade, with nothing but your wits and God with you, contact me.

Your eyes, (and if you are lucky, nothing else), will be opened.

8. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

9. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Mar 8 2007, 12:23 AM) [snapback]402103[/snapback]</div>

first of all, it doesn't take balls to walk in a bikers bar...I used to do it all the time when I was in the field.... now it may take balls to have these intense of a discussions in there! ... LOL!

As you would not prefer to go to a "real" bible study and present your views and why you felt they were substantianted.

At any rate, the real point is.. I'm not offended if you don't believe in God... only sorry for you....

I'm only offended if you persist in stopping me.. but that comes with the territory..... you don't want my kid to stand next to your kid as he prays to God.... so be it.... go live somewhere else!

But the point is, you guys are not wanting to hear anything as you say I'm cramming it down your throat like a kid that won't take his medicine as he is sick and dying and can't see the medicine is to save his life...

So be it....

I guess this discussion is over and we can all be friends again!... LOL!

If this discussion continues beyond this point, its only because you really can't stand christians as thier mere discussion about God convicts you.

10. Loveit

Loveit New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Begreen @ Apr 28 2006, 12:08 PM) [snapback]246706[/snapback]</div>

Yes there was, and His name was Jesus.

11. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loveit @ Mar 8 2007, 10:08 AM) [snapback]402202[/snapback]</div>
    what was Jesus in Hell for?

12. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think Windstrings is having a crisis. I think he is beginning to feel the Divine noodly appendages tapping him on the shoulder, and is beginning to realize that nothing but the aforementioned noodly appendages is keeping him from floating off into space, and feeling the urge to put on an eye patch and go to sea. He is fighting it, as is to be expected (and not condemned) by lashing out in this uncharacteristic manner against Pastafarians in general and particular, though he still imagines it is liberals he hates, and confusing the attributes of the two. But it's a good sign: Soon he will embrace the only true faith and he will join us for a big plate of spaghetti and (optionally, if he eats meat) meatballs and a big mug of cold beer and we will have one more communicant at the alter of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. And when that time comes, we will welcome you as a brother, Windstrings. We rejoice even now to realize that these recent outbreaks are the sign that you are coming over to us. There is only one god, and Bobby Henderson is His prophet. RAmen. :)

13. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(maggieddd @ Mar 8 2007, 09:13 AM) [snapback]402203[/snapback]</div>

The three days he was in the grave he went and "as the bible states" took captivity captive.. and released those who were in prison in the nether parts of the underworld and some also believe the place called "paradise" which was a holding place for the rightous... as Jesus said to the other guy on the cross.. "this day you will be with me in paradise".. it also teaches while there he took away the keys of death, hell and the grave.

Based on the glimpses in scripture, its believed up untill that point, people went to that holding place.. others were in torment "the evil ones" as the scripture also talks about the rich ruler who was in torment and begged just for one drop of water to be brought to cool his tongue.

Up to that point, "Satan had the "rights" over death and so hell and the grave too... but that was only because he had stolen those rights by tricking adam and eve into sinning... God said.. 'the soul that sins shall surely die". That gave him authority to the gates of hell. He still did not have the right to take anyone at any time or he would have wiped out the whole human race ,but those who died without thier sins being removed.

Since Jesus died "sinless"... satan took him wronfully and it was illegal that he died.. but Satan didn't realize the boo boo he was making anyway by crucifying Jesus.

By Jesus dying while being in a sinless state, he because the 'sacrific of atonement for the sins of the whole world" to those to accept it. Just as putting the blood on the doorpost released families from having thier firstborn killed by the death angel... that day is not celebrated as the "passover", as the death angel "passed over" the blood.

Jesus took back what Adam lost.

This is why Jesus is called the Second Adam.. being the firstborn among many bretheren.

Also during those 3 days.. he obtained his glorified body.. the one that allows people to see and feel him, yet he can pass through walls and acsend into heaven at will.

I don't know when this occured... for all I know, it was the moment of his death.

The is "allot" in the bible.. so much so, that when people who have heard about the bible all thier lives and have never heard some of these basic things.. think surely its all poppycock as they have never heard it over the pulpit.

Although we have many many churches.. there is a famine for the word of God in most parts of our country.

Most of what you hear is basic milk for newcomers and messages to make you feel good so you will stay.... few delve into the depth of the scriptures to explain the real meanings and insights the old testament brings.

I was fortunate enough to sit under many excellent preachers.. both who had radio broadcast sermons on prophecy as well as "for 12 years" my pastor was a born again full blooded Jew.

He had insight that few pastors hold because of his jewish background and upbringing.

Gods word is so simple to be saved, yet so deep if you are really the intellectual and love studying the deeper things of God.

My Goodness.. there are great insights to the personality and character of Angels, Demons, the possessed, the fallen angels, the way the earth was before civilization.

One book with tiny glimpses of time on earth.

But the book is not designed to explain everything... only the parts needed for salvation and to understand Gods character "mostly old testament" and his will and plan for man.

Its all a beautiful puzzle that unfolds into a wonder grand picture of mystical beauty.

Thats why I'm blown away when someone thinks its flawed and wants to toss most of the pages or accuse them of being insignificant..... We need the "all" ... I wish we had more!!!!!

We peer through a straw into the heavenly world.. the bible says we see through a glass darkly and see in part... similiar as looking through very dark sunglasses as we look into the spiritual world of heaven and the kingdom of God.

Its not experienced with mind and intellect alone.. thats the minor... its much deeper than that.

The parts of us that are numb and dead here on earth "heart and spirit".. are the parts you navigate with in the spirit realm.

When you are in a spiritual state, if you meet someone, you instantly know almost everything about them.. thier life, thoughts, and who they are is instantly made known to you without the channel of mind, sight, or hearing or any of the natural senses.

Living in this earthly plane is so limited.

The devil too knows how to naviagate in the spirit as he too is a spiritual being.... hence all the couinterfiets religions.. but satan will never create a counterfiet that gives salvation to you for free bases on one persons sacrific for thier sins.. he wants you to work for it so you give yourself the credit and be independent from God instead of the creators mercy and love. He will tell you how Gods deal is bad and he has a better way.

He tells you that he will make you princes and rulers and give you authority "which he doesn't even have" over the earth and give you power over others.

The same lie he told the angels that he decieved as he took 1/3 of them with him when he rose up against God and was cast down to the earth out of heaven.

Argueing against budda or the others is childs play compared to some of the stuff going on behind the scenes in the masons and satanic cults of the world...

Talk about a true "replay" of the cross and atonement..... try raising your little girl for the sole purpose of offering her innocence as a sacrific to Satan!

There are fools that do it and believe in it.

Its much harder to detect when the false religion is disguised with good works towards the community with social services etc that mimic christian values.

Similiar to someone selling you a bottle of cheap perfume with no value as expensive when its really a front for a pyramid scheme, and the only way to make the "real" money is to get other people hooked and selling it too.... call it a " counterfiet to the counterfiet"... LOL!

Another example of satans kingdom or tricks is a spam message of love and goodwill and you really need to pass to all your friends and its really embedded with a trogan that gives all of your addresses away to the real scammer behind the scenes that sells those names for profit.

Satan always promises the moon and gives you nothing but emptiness and hardache in the end and leaves you torn and ravaged.. "if even alive" when hes done with you.

When you see a devil leave someone, they will always try and hurt that person they were inhabiting if they can no longer inhabit and use them... they care "Nothing" about us except to use us!

Look at Cancer!... invades, inhabits, sucks the life out of and then leaves its host dead.

They are full of hate.. but a bait only works if it looks good and appetizing!

14. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Mar 8 2007, 10:56 AM) [snapback]402221[/snapback]</div>
    is there an answer to my question in there somewhere since you quoted me?

15. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(windstrings @ Mar 8 2007, 11:20 AM) [snapback]402192[/snapback]</div>

Well, you went to a biker bar...I'm surprised. But yes, I have gone there, just last night, IMOF, and had this type of discussion...also talked about a Harley I want to buy...

I have gone to plenty of Bible studies and upset the carts...It's fun, and usually, lively. It's invigorating waking people up to the truth about the Bible.

16. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Mar 8 2007, 01:01 PM) [snapback]402243[/snapback]</div>
    I've been in a real bker bar once; years ago in Charleston, SC. I saw a female biker who couldn't have been bigger than 5'3" beat the crap out of three guys. Not sure what this has to do with the topic at hand, except maybe it was divine intervention that enabled me to get out of that bar unscathed.

17. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Mar 8 2007, 11:01 AM) [snapback]402243[/snapback]</div>

Your totally kidding?.. where do you go to bible studies.. High schools?...

Wake up to the truth about the bible?.. what that its flawed?

Yea, you really spread the gospel eh?.. the good news?... the bible is flawed?

I'm starting to think you have pointed ears, big teeth and a tail... not so much a devil.. just a wolf.

Are you building or tearing down the kingdom?

Jesus said he does does not gather with him only scatters?

TJ, your position before God is starting to sound more precariously dangerous that a simple non believer who is lost.

Who are you really working for.. are you a double agent thats double minded?.. whats up?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(maggieddd @ Mar 8 2007, 10:14 AM) [snapback]402228[/snapback]</div>

Do you always just "skip over" long posts?

I've known you long enough to know you can read and engage your mind a little.. its ok.. it won't hurt maggie....

try reading again.. if you miss it the second time.. it must not be for you to know.

18. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    MAybe if you didn't

Type your posts like this ..

It would be a little more delightful to read

But instead .. a post that should take maybe 1 paragraph

ends up taking 2 pages

because you don't understand proper writing techniques

you ruin threads with your methods

and make them quite unreadable and annoying, even more annoying

than your homophobic, anti-anyone but christian banter

for reals.

19. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yea.. I know .. something funky here at work...

20. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

It's actually

Rather fun to type

Posts like this

Sort of like

Haiku

I think I'll

Do it from now on

I hope you all have

Really large

Monitors!