1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is it just me, or is the Prius awefully easy to bottom out!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sl7vk, Jul 23, 2006.

1. mootsman

mootsman New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Jul 24 2006, 07:49 PM) [snapback]291691[/snapback]</div>
    I know that sounds pretty weird -- but true. I think that the issue with mine is the rear of the "mud flap" device in the front wheel well. It just scrapes the gravel and makes a slight noise. Maybe the twin turbo Z scraped but I didn't hear it -- a little more drive train noise from that bad boy!

2. pirateprius

pirateprius New Member

Eastern North Carolina, Home of the ECU Pirates
    I haven't had any problems yet. I did get used to taking curbs and speed bumps slowly because the Avalon I used to drive would also tend to bottom out. I may be even a little more cautious with my baby.

3. archermoo

archermoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Huh, I drive mine pretty much like I did my Highlander and have had no problems at all. I take speed bumps at speed (15-18MPH) and it handles them like a champ. No problems with drainage gutters either.

4. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

I usually never bottom out when I'm the only one in the car. Hauling around 4 grown adults, the little speed bumps at work cause it to happen. I guess it's very very close.

5. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Starfall @ Jul 24 2006, 11:35 AM) [snapback]291443[/snapback]</div>
    I just got a listing in a development that I have to drive over 6 (count 'em 6) speed bumps to get to. Been there three times in the last few days, so I'm figuring 36 speed bumps traveled. Car is new (~400 miles), I'm the only passenger, and since I had a REALLY bad bottoming out incident in younger, wilder days, I probably wasn't going more than 5-7 mph in stealth mode (very startled looks from some joggers). No bottoming out, but like I said, I was going easy...