1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is it just me or is the steering wheel control backwards?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Jeff Hicks, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Jeff Hicks

Jeff Hicks Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I have the 2020 Limited and the audio preset skipping function via the steering seems backwards to me. When I push the left side button it advances in the presets and vice versa. I can not get used to this and does anyone else see this as backwards?

Just curious.

TGrracie likes this.
  2. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    They are labeled with up and down arrows and the list (iirc) is vertical. Nevertheless, after seven months and 11-12k miles, I still hit the wrong one sometimes. :oops:

I think a more user-friendly button layout would have been an up/down rocker for volume and another rocker for presets.

3. Prim.e.xample

Prim.e.xample Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I do the same thing and have worked hard to remember up is up the list. Have you tried rearranging your presets? I like to order mine from lowest to highest so I know where I am in them. But maybe I’m a little OCD...

iPhone ?

benagi and jerrymildred like this.
  4. Jeff Hicks

Jeff Hicks Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    That might work! My parents transferred their lifetime XM to me. I put in about 20 XM presets and it is driving me crazy, I’ll try to set them up in reverse. If I could figure out the logic or reasoning as to why it works the way it does, I might be able to remember to go left to to advance my presets

ps I had a little of a hard time getting used to lifting up on the shift knob to go in reverse. I kept wanting to lift up on the knob to go forward. In a way the beeping, while annoying helps me to confirm I’m in reverse.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah. Must be the youngins lol.

It’s basically up and down the list of stations/presets (think vertically) rather than up and down the preset number.

I rarely change radio stations so it still confuses me. Fortunately up still means next track (iPod/BT) so that works for me.

6. ctscoob

ctscoob Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Yes and the volume controls make me especially crazy. On my Tacoma the left and right buttons were for volume. On my ‘20 Prime Limited they are the top and bottom ones. I will never get used to it!

7. Tha_Ape

Tha_Ape Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I brought that up when I first got mine too.

I think the way they intended it to work is to go down on the list of stations (the opposite of what my Gen3 does). If you pull up the radio stations on the big screen, they advance downwards. So down is up. I hope that makes sense. If it's any consolation, you do eventually get used to it.