1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is it 'ok' to be a republican, NRA member, Christian who eats LOTS of meat and own a Prius?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bigmahma, May 5, 2007.

1. formerVWdriver

formerVWdriver New Member

This is mostly a nice friendly place and I'm glad to have another Limbaugh listener. Some readers may think that means I agree with everything he says. I listen and think for myself. Sometimes I agree. Sometimes I change the channel.

You bring out most people's sense of humor, and that's a good thing. While you're decorating your new Prius, you might want to include the bumper sticker "Drill ANWR."

I'd feel better about recycling if I didn't see one of our garbage men dump my bin into the garbage truck.... If I'm going to walk another 10 steps, they'd better put it in the right truck!

Welcome! Please come back. We need you!

2. bigmahma

bigmahma New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ May 7 2007, 05:14 PM) [snapback]437095[/snapback]</div>

HAHAHAHAHHAHA - I haven't laughed that hard in a loooong time!! LOL

Thank you so much - I really needed that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(formerVWdriver @ May 8 2007, 10:26 AM) [snapback]437457[/snapback]</div>

I have a remember 9/11 sticker on the window - and a guy bending over with a gas hose sticking out of his nice person.
    I'm working on locating some more anti opec stickers - and I have my favorite bumper sticker EVER.

It says.....

"The Good, The Bad and The Ugly"

It has an elephant, a donkey and then Bilary Clinton.

Hysterical.

3. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    But did you get your infidel shirt from DeSynch?

4. bigmahma

bigmahma New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darwood @ May 8 2007, 01:03 PM) [snapback]437573[/snapback]</div>
    no - a gun show *gasp*

Where... no gun crimes are committed! Oh noes!!!!

Gun crimes only happen where our legal law abiding civilians are gathered and are defenseless sitting ducks for criminals who want to take advantage of them.

5. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigmahma @ May 8 2007, 02:49 PM) [snapback]437797[/snapback]</div>
    Really? I thought they were much more common down in South Central where practically everybody has a gun. And where I was mugged once. You mean I should be afraid when I'm here in law-abiding-citizenville? Who knew?

6. bigmahma

bigmahma New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ May 9 2007, 12:52 AM) [snapback]438076[/snapback]</div>

Erghm - Did you have a gun? If you did - why didn't you blow the assclown who mugged you away?

In south central - do you really think "THOSE PEOPLE" own their guns LEGALLY? HA!!

I was referring more to legal citizens who are NOT ALLOWED TO CARRY A GUN... because of whatever reason.

I hate to open a can of worms here... but in VA TECH if the STUDENTS were allowed to carry - that asswipe wouldn't have made it past the first classroom without a chest full of 9mm rounds.

Really.

If every home had a gun in it - robbery would be nonexsistant... because you knew if you went to go rob a house - there is a very high chance you will wind up dead for that color tv biatch.

You likely wouldn't have been mugged if the mugger thought he would wind up dead if he asked for your wallet.

------------------------

TRUE STORY -

I was mugged when I was 16 years old (I couldn't carry a gun yet, or he would be dead) -

I fought back - broke their face on the wall - broke his shoulder - and broke his nose.

When he was on the ground I kicked him in the face until it was a bloody mess.

*I* was arrested. - I got released with no charges after the whole story was told - but still... I defended myself... and nothing would be different if I just rid the world of the punk filth that likely just stole someone's car, murdered or raped someone.

More Guns = Less criminals alive to rob you...

The criminals have the guns anyway - lets arm the ones who are law abiding and have no way to defend themselves.

My 2c

BigMahma (who is a man - not a woman)

7. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigmahma @ May 9 2007, 12:01 PM) [snapback]438331[/snapback]</div>
    The old lady kicks karate
    for just a little walk down the street
    The little baby knows kung fu
    and practices on those he meets...

-----

I'm sorry, but arming everyone is a tacit admission that rampant crime is the norm; I'm unwilling to do that.

Also, while you may be sufficently trained and have sufficent judgement to exercise the responsibility of carrying and potentially using a firearm, there may be a surprisingly large number of folks who migh tnot be so qualified.

At this point, given the amount of anger in the USA a this point in history, I think I'd rather we instead address some of the issues which may be contributing to the rather large number of violent crimes we perpetrate upon each other.

I don't agree that more guns will lead to less violence.

Also, and of potentially greater concern to me...would you *really* like to live in a country where we all know that we're all carrying guns, and the slightest mistake, no matter how unintentional, might lead to an armed confrontation?

Where the timbre of our social interactions is always moderated by the threat of violence, instead of something higher, like respect for each other??

Honestly, I wouldn't.

------

Glad you liked the jokes, Sir!

8. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Bigmahma:

Why would it not be "okay" to own a Prius? As long as this remains a free-market economy you can drive whatever car you can afford to buy. (Or even a car you can't afford, if you don't get caught.)

If you choose to drive a Prius instead of a Hummer or a Cadillac, you'll have done some good. Even if you didn't actually want to. So, although you and I probably won't see eye to eye on anything, and although I'm quite sure you don't give a damn about my opinion regarding your ownership of a Prius, yes, it's okay with me if you own one.

9. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(formerVWdriver @ May 8 2007, 09:26 AM) [snapback]437457[/snapback]</div>
    Isn't it better to decide what YOU think is right...and then do it...independent of what may or may not be happening around you?

I suppose that, if it was really an issue, you'd write to the garbage company.

Blaming the "garbage man" --or anyone else-- has absolutely nothing to do with your own personal choices.

What other things in life do you do...or not do...based primarily upon the actions of others, instead of your own beliefs...?

10. bigmahma

bigmahma New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 9 2007, 03:05 PM) [snapback]438435[/snapback]</div>
    Not true...

We both love cats.

11. bigmahma

bigmahma New Member

Must.... not.... die....

12. jyl

jyl New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Another NRA member here.

13. bigmahma

bigmahma New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(John L. @ May 12 2007, 10:09 AM) [snapback]440551[/snapback]</div>

I carry everyday and everywhere -

The only place I cannot carry is at work - since I work in a Bank.

But that doesn't stop me from carrying other forms of self defense/protection.

14. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigmahma @ May 9 2007, 10:01 AM) [snapback]438331[/snapback]</div>
    Oh yeah, that would have been just perfect. I was overpowered from behind and without warning. If I'd been carrying a gun the clown would have made off with it and maybe even used it against me. Just perfect.

15. bigmahma

bigmahma New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ May 12 2007, 12:58 PM) [snapback]440630[/snapback]</div>

Well then it's your fault -

You were not vigilant - I'll be damned if someone can actually sneak up behind me and hit me before I knew he was there... I'd have to be totally oblivious to the world around me for that to happen....

Oh wait - you are a liberal...I forgot.

Sorry - you are excused.

16. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigmahma @ May, 05:09 PM) [snapback]440749[/snapback]</div>
    donkey.

17. bigmahma

bigmahma New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ May 12 2007, 08:18 PM) [snapback]440755[/snapback]</div>

Yah - That was kinda mean of me - but man - it's how I felt - I was being honest.

I'll take that one - i was an donkey.

18. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigmahma @ May 12 2007, 05:09 PM) [snapback]440749[/snapback]</div>
    That's a pretty disgusting thing to say!

19. bigmahma

bigmahma New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 12 2007, 09:52 PM) [snapback]440781[/snapback]</div>

You might be right!! But let me put it to you a different way....

IF you are wearing a mini-skirt and you are a 5'8" blonde with a hot body - and you are walking down a dark alley at 2AM alone in a seedy part of town...

Is it your fault if you get raped?

Yes - because you are an idiot. Obviously you are lacking a certain amount of common sense which precipitated your attack.

IF you are not paying attention to your surroundings.. and you actually allow someone to sneak up to you while you are walking - and smack you in the head before you can react. - You have failed. You are an idiot.

It's like that scene in the movie "crash" -

Hey look! - there are a couple of hoods walking towards us! - Erghm.. Lets cross the street... GOOD IDEA!

Hey! Let me shove my head up my arse while i'm walking - oblivious to my surroundings!

BigMahma

20. roryjr

roryjr Member

Extremely harsh. But not without some truth. I am always aware of the people around me.