1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is it possible for Bluetooth keypad to be available while driving?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by PriusRoadWarrior, Apr 3, 2012.

1. PriusRoadWarrior

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I noticed on my new 2012 Prius II that I can't get at the keypad or contacts while driving. Is there anyway to over ride this as my wife makes calls as I drive and the contacts are not available. I have looked at options and have not found anything.

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You'll have to use the speed dial feature if the car is moving.

3. ddaw215

ddaw215 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
  4. ChocolateUnicorn

ChocolateUnicorn New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, this is something they didn't tell me when I bought the car. I brought it in to be "repaired", and now the service guy says he looked at other Prius cars in the shop and they all have the same "problem." Yet I'm apparently the only one who has said anything about it. The service guy is saying this is a safety feature. But neither the salesmen or the service guys seemed to have a clue about it before I brought it to their attention. Also, if it's supposed to be a safety feature, why are the speed dials still available while the car is moving? Using speed dial would still distract the driver just as much as hitting an address book contact. So the only other way to make an outgoing call while the car is moving is to make it directly from you cell phone...which, of course, defeats the entire purpose of having your address book transferred into the dashboard display. Your wife can make those outgoing calls easily while you drive, but if you're by yourself, looking down at your cell phone, you could get a ticket (at best) and in an accident (at worst).

5. GerryL

GerryL Master Model Railroader

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Not true. Use voice commands. "Call Jane mobile" and "Call work main" work just great for me while moving.

6. Sparkman 3

Sparkman 3 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Gerryl is correct, voice commands work great. Assuming you have that option of course