1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is it possible to install the factory GPS system on a 08?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by pumpiniron, May 31, 2008.

1. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Now that I have the wires to the video and power pins. I decided to use a computer ATX power supply and apply power to the B+ and ACC lines. The video out goes to an old commodore 1084s monitor. This monitor takes in analog RGB at close to NTSC frequencies.

Great! there is a picture. As you can see it's the screen that appears when you first power up the car. As this is no touch screen, plus I am unsure as to what protocols the nav unit takes, this is as far as I go.

Attached Files:

2. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am about to install the navigation computer in the car. I know in the US this resides under the driver's (left) seat. Does anyone know which side this goes to for right hand drive vehicles? I suppose it doesn't really matter but I'd like this to look as "stock" as I could.

3. likes2fly

likes2fly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i went with the lockpick3 and my iphone. i have movies,gps,internet now. i use the tom tom gps on my iphone.

4. DarrenG

DarrenG Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Under drivers seat on RHD models also.