1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is it possible to request for JBL option on Premium trim level?

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by Beethovenite, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Beethovenite

Beethovenite Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I plan on trading in my 2010 Prius III for a 2018 Prius Prime Premium. Sadly, I keep reading online that the JBL sound system in the Advanced trim level is far superior to the speakers that come with Plus/Premium models. I'm a musician and value sound quality above almost everything when I'm driving. Is it possible to find a Premium model with JBL speakers or is it possible to install third-party speakers after purchasing the car?

The JBL system in my 2010 Prius III is noticeably superior to the regular speakers in my mom's 2013 Prius II. Whenever I get in her car, I'm always disappointed by the sound that I'm hearing. The JBL in my 2010 isn't the greatest, but it lives up to what's needed. The 2013 speakers sound like PLASTIC.

Thank you in advance for anyone that can offer any insight or thoughts!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    no, you would have to buy an aftermarket h/u. why not take one for a spin to see how she sounds?

3. Hidyho

Hidyho Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    You can always change speakers, but JBL is only available on Prime on the Advanced, on the Prius it is available on other models. But Toyota not offering it on all models of the Prime is pretty crappy, but normal for Toyota.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It’s weird since 2010, the JBL audio is available on all but the base II Prius. Now, it’s back on being available only on top models.

5. Beethovenite

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Are you sure that there are aftermarket audio systems for Prime Premium? If so, I'd gladly purchase the premium and upgrade... please clarify if you can. Thank you!!

6. Beethovenite

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've been reading that because of the large screen center console, it is not possible to upgrade with an aftermarket system... clarify if you can, please?

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sorry, you may be right. with the umongus touch screen, maybe not. i wonder if you could swap with a salvage advanced.