1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is it still possible to find a 2010 package 2 for $22k OTD?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by koric, Jan 11, 2011.

1. koric

koric Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello all, I have been a lurker for a couple of weeks trying to gain insight on what I should pay for a 2010 Prius. I came with a conclusion that I would pay $22,000 out the door on a 2010 package 2 based on what people on this forum have paid for their cars. Is this far fetched? I live in Los Angeles and it seems like most Toyota stealerships is trying to rip me a new one. How do I mass mail every single Toyota dealership with my offer? Is that possible? Can I even get it at the price I'm willing to spend? I'm looking for either a white or silver. Getting a white may be asking for too much but a dealer near me wants $23.5 plus taxes and fees for a white 2010 pkg 2 with 25,000 miles! They must be smoking some good crack. :cheer2:

2. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    A 2010 Prius II with mats only - a challenge to even find at this point, is a car with a $22,640 INVOICE.
    Even after a $1000 customer rebate, I'm not sure where you came up with that number but it's highly unreasonable. LA county sales tax and title and doc amount to close to 12% of the car's total cost.

While I agree that $23,500 for a used 25K mile one isn't reasonable, you and he may have the same crack dealer. :)

Yes, I jest in regards to the crack. No one minds anyone seeking out a good deal but the one you want is completely unreasonable. From a dealership perspective, the 2010 is the one car with a 0.9 or a .00010 lease rate. Even with a low residual now after the Jan 4th drop, it's still a very aggressive lease as comnpared to a 2011 so taking a $2000++ loss to "make you a deal" seems like I'd be the one smoking the crack.
    I'm just sayin!

If you'd like a good honest deal on a 2011, reach out to me.

1 person likes this.
  3. MacBunny

MacBunny Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    $22k? In SoCal? Where?! I live in L.A. too and I had the hardest time finding a good deal whether it was thru the internet or going to the dealership. But I did get my II for $23.5k brand new on Saturday! So, $23.5k (+taxes) for a used II with 25k miles ... LOL.

Good luck Prius huntin' :) It's tough out there!

1 person likes this.
  4. koric

koric Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the offer but I'm looking for the 0.9% rate since I'm going to finance about $15k of it. I guess $22k OTD is unreal for a new Prius in L.A. Maybe I should just wait a few more months.

Congrats! Did you get a '11 or 10? $23.5 OTD is a pretty good deal considering all the dealers I've contacted.

5. mainemanx

mainemanx Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So how's $20.9k including $300 in "dealer's fees," but no tax, tag, etc., for a 2010 II, Blizzard Pearl, with mats only?

Local dealer has 61 in stock, 8 BPs... although we are a fair distance from LA, ayuh. :smow:

1 person likes this.
  6. MacBunny

MacBunny Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    koric - 2010 :) Did you go to the dealers or contact them via email?

mainemanx - So, what would be the OTD price? ~21.5k-22k?

7. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Is Jackson Okay? I liked your old Avatar better. Bring Back The Cat! ....really I hope he's okay...

8. bretaz

bretaz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was able to get mine for $20,549 + TTL + doc fee. OTD around 23k. I don't know what your taxes or rebates are there, but I dont think $22k is possible. Taxes are high here.

1 person likes this.
  9. koric

koric Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Is that including the $1000 incentive? I'd make a roadtrip out of it. :D I drove to Seattle and back once.

Woops, I thought you were in Oregon.

I just contacted all of the dealers via email. I don't have time to go to each dealer and play their games.

That's a pretty good deal.

10. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You can go to www.aaa.com, build a car & get up to 3 dealer quotes. The longer you wait the harder it will be to find a 2010. As the price of gas increases the price of a Prius will firm up.

1 person likes this.
  11. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    2010 Blue/Gray Prius II "nothing added" for $23,500 even TTL/OTD @ Pat Lobb Toyota of McKinney, McKinney TX. See Randy, he took good care of me. :cool:

1 person likes this.
  12. koric

koric Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok... $22k OTD is impossible. How about getting it for invoice which is around $21.5 plus taxes and fees? Why is there such a huge mark up? I dont even see much 2010 prius' on the road and I'm in LA!

Thanks but I dont have AAA. I had to put in my member #.

Wow, Texas. My wife and I are going to Houston the end of Feb. Probably will have a Prius by then.

13. mainemanx

mainemanx Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    NewEngland BuyaToyota has dropped their customer incentive from $1000 down to $750... while cars.com is still showing over 10,000 2010s on dealers' lots. AFAIK, dealer holdback is still the same at around $500.

Also, that $750 is valid through 12/31/11, not 1/31/11, but December 2011! So I guess they're anticipating a slow "withering away," so to speak.

1 person likes this.
  14. mainemanx

mainemanx Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    We don't really have an "out the door price." Part is paid at the dealer in order to get a temporary tag, then the balance at various other agencies: 5% sales tax, local excise tax ($24/$1000 in my town), title fee, plate fee, vanity plate surcharge, etc. Say $22,750, or so.

15. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hold backs, incentives and other factors only effect the price a little. Go to the Dealer with the cash/financing already in arranged. If they want the sale, they will work with you. If not, go somewhere else. As I understand it, the reason the 2011 are so late coming out is because 2010 sale rates were slower than Corporate had experienced in past years, and they want to get rid of them asap. Even with my $23,000 "Out The Door", they still made money. MSRP is "suggested", and "Invoice" shown to customers, still has profit built in.

16. Unlimited_MPG

Unlimited_MPG Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Koric - it is possible to get a Prius for under $22k. It is up here in the Seattle area but I was at the dealership this past weekend getting an oil change and they had three Prius II for $21,498. Two are black and one was silver. Here is the link to their inventory page.

New Toyota Prius - Toyota Prius dealers in Auburn serving Renton, Puyallup and Burien Washington

1 person likes this.
  17. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    for some reason, the deals seem to be better in the northeast. probably tired of clearing the snow off the cars.

18. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Awwww, Jaxon's great! Want him back? OK -- I'll do that!! I just thought my license plate was more pertinent. :)

Jaxon and Smoky are here! Unless you want crazy Jaxon all by himself...

19. duckyping

duckyping New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    i just got mine!
    model: prius II, blue, no package (just floor mats)
    date: martin luther king day (jan 17, 2011)
    for: $20,800 ($21,800, minus $1,000 toyota rebate)
    plus taxes: $1,803 (calculated for ventura county)
    and license/reg fees: $327
    be aware of: extended warranty and maintenance plan -- i got "bullied" into paying about $3,000 for both, but just called to cancel; also, salesperson and finance guy were not very helpful after the papers were signed...no one gave me any information about the car or initially driving it (where the battery is in the car, how to jump start, why not to top off the gas tank, to drive slow(ly) for the first 600 miles, etc. -- all things i learned from reading this site!)

1 person likes this.
  20. koric

koric Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats! You got a good price on it.

I have checked the LA Times and I see some deals from Keyes and Miller for $19.8 and $20.8 but I doubt I will find one in white. At this point, I may as well go for the 2011 and wait for their 0% or 0.9% financing. I can also drive to the NE and drive it back home.:smow: :pound:

Anybody have tips on how to find a white 2010 pkg 2 for invoice?