1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is it too presumptive to wave are your fellow prius owner?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by burritos, Jul 22, 2007.

1. iLLa Prius

iLLa Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I Have A Motorcycle And Most Motorcyclists Wave At Each Other. I Also Wave At Cute Girls, No Matter What Car I'm In. Presumptious . . . No . . .. Friendly . . .. Yes

2. Prius_SGP

Prius_SGP New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

I think that the wave is, as has been mentioned already in a few posts, a nice thing to do....... admittedly I don't tend to initiate them......

I'm still waiting my Prius and intend on spreading the joy with a wave here and there ;0}

Whilst I'm still driving the Smart I do get the odd wave still.

Tried the wave thing with people who work for the same company as me (easy to tell as most have green plates), didn't get very many replies, but this may have been just 'cos they were French???? (No offence intended)

3. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The waving thing works good if you have a motorcycle, but I don't ever bother to wave at a Prius driver as they aren't really into the waving thing. I have a Harley and usually only Harley riders will wave to me.:)

4. scrambledeg

scrambledeg New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    like many other writers, i looked forward to the wave and got NOTHING. My husband also has a motorcycle and i was always very envious of their special wave (which around here is just extending your left arm out and down, which is so NOT corny and so badass! :)) i still enjoy profiling drivers and i plan to keep a log on my steering wheel...so far the majority are retired folk of both sexes and middle aged women...nobody like me yet!

5. AngelFish

AngelFish New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I ride a motorcycle. Normally only other sport riders wave to me... cruisers wave to cruisers, or so it seems. When I am in my Pink leathers, it's a different story. What always makes me laugh is when little girls wave at me in my pink, and their mom's freak out.... Go Fig.

When we got our 04 priuses everyone was waving. But there are SO MANY priuses here now, you would be constantly waving.

My question is what do you call a group of priuses traveling together - a pack, flock, herd, gaggle, gang.... and at what # does it qualify as such.

6. Neohybrid

Neohybrid Not-so-junior member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    We give and get a few waves from time to time, but there sure are a lot of Priuses ( or is it Pri-ii for plural) around our town these days. When I rode motorcycles you got used to waving at other riders.

We still have our 05 Dark Flint edition Beetle convertible -- we continue to get waves and smiles :) when driving that car -- especially when we have the top down.

7. Freedom

Freedom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Only had mine a week, so I wave to ALL that I see. :D

The first few days, many waved back. It occurred to me that we all must have been on the wait list and picked ours up in those few days after the trucks pulled in! COOL!

the best was an elderly couple, could barely see either of them over the dash. I waved and they both perked up, gave me HUGE grins and were waving like mad. She - the passenger - was waving with both hands. SO sweet. I did see the badge from the same dealer I got mine, so I'm quite sure they had just picked up theirs as well. It still gives me a warm feeling, thinking of them.

I am starting to focus on my driving again. Good thing, huh?;)