1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is it worth it to wait until the fall to buy?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by LoraJ, Jul 14, 2009.

1. LoraJ

LoraJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I contacted my local precinct and I just got an email back saying there have been no reports of stolen factory installed navigational units in our area. So that is good news.

Electric Me,
    I hear you. I worry about that too. But my co-worker is pretty reasonable. He knows a lot about cars and I think he knows what he is getting into too. Maybe I will make him sign a "don't get mad at me if..." letter. ;)

2. LaMesaGuy

LaMesaGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced

When I brought my 2010 Prius V w/ATP in May, there were no 2010 Prius on dealers lots, all of the 2010 Prius were sold before they were deliver to the dealer. I paid straight MSRP for my 2010 Prius V, no discounts. Now, in July, the dealers are starting to discount the 2010 Prius $500 below MSRP in my area. Dealers lots are starting to fill up with unsold 2010 Prius of different models and colors. By this fall, customers probably can get a better discount below MSRP that they can now.

3. LoraJ

LoraJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I am leaning towards the III model and the safety connect only seems to be for the IV and V, so that is off the table. There's a post in the audio forum that has instructions on how to hookup the iPod Touch w/Bluetooth. I think I am sold on the NAV package.

So based on that, I am ready to proceed, no need to wait until the fall. I just have to convince my husband that I have done enough research. Then we just need to pick a color. :)

Thanks for the help. Would love any other input though.

4. ALS

ALS Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I am glad to hear that. I did a quick on line check of the dealers around me and only found a few II's and one III. I was told if I wanted a 2010 to wait about three to four months and $1,000 off sticker could be do able. Problem for me is CFC program runs out the end of September. 500-750 off on top of 4,500 would be a huge score for me.

5. dang

dang New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Safety Connect will be standard on models IV & V only. Not available on models II or III. Nav is a separate stand alone option.

Unfortunately one can not pre order Safety Connect, also you can not have the dealer install safety connect.

hope that helps

6. Maineiac

Maineiac Monkey Wrencher

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Having placed a deposit for a MSRP car a few months ago, we were most recently told that if we insisted on either a IV or V in white with nav we'd be looking at 6-8 months(!)

This morning, we got word that a white sunroof nav has our name on it & is due in approx. 4 weeks. Do you suppose somebody just realized they're losing customers?

7. onbypass

onbypass New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    RE: Bluetooth and IPOD & waiting until the fall......
    I have a V with Nav, as well as an IPOD Touch. I updated the touch s/w to version 3. I was able to sync to the prius with no problem. Now, when I hit the BT button on the radio, the touch connects and starts to play automatically. I love the feature!!!!
    As far as prices coming down in the fall...... it's like the computer factor. There is always something newer or less expensive down the road. I am just happy to have the car right now. Maybe there will be deals in the fall, but that's three less months of enjoyment right now.
    For those folks that can get it for a deal now or later...... I say "congrats" and ENJOY!!!