1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is my 12v battery under warranty?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Japanika, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Japanika

Japanika New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hey everyone! Woke up today after not driving the car for 36 hours and she was making weird Sounds, won't turn on, trunk and doors won't open etc etc... I did some reading here and realized it's the 12v battery. Had AAA come over to jump start. The technician brought her back to life. But he also said that I need a new 12v battery. It's a 2010 prius which I got certified from the dealer in 2015.
    There's a sticker on the battery that says battery have 84 months warranty and another sticker says 050413W
    Basically I just want to make sure the battery bdate is april05.2013 and if that so what should I do right now? Take it to the dealer? What are they going to do?
    Thanks a lot.

Alexmark likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    it is a prorated warranty. you will probably get about 10% off at the dealer. worth asking, but if you're trying to save money, shop around. there are 4 or 5 batteries that are drop in replacements, none cheap.

3. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Lets assume it is a Toyota Truestart battery. Otherwise Toyota is not involved.

Toyota Batteries are prorated, so expect 1/4 off your next battery.

0-24 months 100% Toyota pays
    25-48 months 50%
    49-84 month 25%

FuelMiser likes this.
  4. thehybridguy

thehybridguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I would recommend a Toyota replacement, they have the best deal out there. You would pay the same at auto zone or any other auto parts store. However, they do not have the same warranty.
    If you can avoid the installation cost at Toyota that will save you even more money. When it comes tonwarranty no one beats Toyota for the 12 volt battery.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.