1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is my 2019 Prius INCOMPATIBLE with iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ReapingCrone, Apr 8, 2020.

1. ReapingCrone

ReapingCrone New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Please help: surely I am not the ONLY owner of an iPhone 6 and a 2019 Prius in the entire WORLD! I have been ENDLESSLY frustrated with the functionality of my phone -- sometimes Siri works, sometimes it doesn't, even from one call to the next with ZERO changes in between.

The dealer just did an "update" today and made it even worse. Driving home I plugged the phone into the USB port to recharge and the phone completely FROZE. Pressing the off button for 2 minutes finally allowed the phone to prompt me for a 6-digit password.

I sincerely apologize for the rookie question! I had my 2007 Prius for 12 years and never gave me problems like this!

ML

2. thomassster

thomassster Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Before I switched to an aftermarket, my iPhone 6 worked with limitations. I thought the head unit doesn’t runs by Siri but some sort of voice commander which interprets a set of commands. Let me know if that is not true. I have an aftermarket now so I can’t try it out for you.