1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is my dealer full of hot air? Re: Blizzard Pearl Paint

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Vege-Taco, Apr 25, 2012.

1. toyotechwv

toyotechwv Toyota Technician

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Why is it unnecessary? Anything I want to sell you, I will SHOW you why I am recommending it. But you people jump to the "lying sack of s**t dealer" conclusion without ever asking, "can you show me?" . I don't sell any service I wouldn't do on my own car. You would be all over a dealer telling you to do 5k oil changes with synthetic, but I do mine at 5k because I've seen what this stuff looks like at 10k. I've also seen the results of half assed maintenance because we were selling an "unnecessary service". Maybe I over maintain my car but 12 years with Toyota I've seen a lot of things that could have been prevented.

PC36100 ? 2

WE0H likes this.
  2. Tim Bender

Tim Bender Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    you just made my day :)

3. Prius Guy

Prius Guy New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have had good luck with Toyota and Honda dealers here in Michigan. I think that a person needs to be knowledgable about their car and be clear on what they want the dealer to do for them. I'm on my 2nd Toyota...and also get a new Honda lease every three years.

toyotechwv likes this.
  4. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I listen to any suggestions Paul makes knowing what he does for a living :)

Mike [​IMG]

5. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I can't speak to Gen 3 Priuses, but IMHO, the super white paint on my 06 Prius is fine. I haven't checked that carefully but I haven't noticed a significant # of stone chips on the front of the car after >6.5 years and 65K miles.

Good to know about DPRs. I didn't know that went on.

As I posed at *waves* Possibly buying a Prius, a few questions! | PriusChat

I ended up having to get a clear bra. I still got a few more chips that were further up on the hood where the clear bra didn't cover.

6. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I sure am happy my dealer is not like yours. They tell me when the air filter is due but not dirty that they are putting it off at least 5000 miles. Both the Service Writer and the Mechanic tried to talk me out of having the Transaxle fluid changed. They have never tried to add services to my routine oil changes. I almost look forward to my 120,000 miles service, just to see how much they recommend. (And yes, I have also had poor Toyota service at other dealers)