1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is my inverter coolant pump slowly failing?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Kehaunani, Oct 14, 2017.

1. exstudent

exstudent Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Search " water trunk spare" or "water trunk hatch"

Read this thead in its entireity, for an understanding, good picture diagram, and to know what to do to fix.
    Water leak...into spare tire area etc | PriusChat

#21 exstudent, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  2. Shaun_Collins

Shaun_Collins Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Win 10 laptop is fine for this I have it on a 2 year old Dell laptop. Just look up over at the big 4runner forum where to put the old 32bit files I think 2 of them in a 486 emulated folder.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. Shaun_Collins

Shaun_Collins Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  4. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Can't be more reasonably priced than $0.00. What they charge a lot of dosh for is the field grade rugged laptop and the Drew Technologies Mongoose OBDII to USB cable. No need to feel any guilt about using the Techstream software.
    This is not universally true, but you need to spend the money to get the Toyota specific files on the reader. You will not get an acceptable third part reader cheap. Autel make a model that is a very capable reader that will read all Prius ECUs, but it will cost in the hundreds, including the additional Prius specific files.
    Given that the Gen II is not the latest model, v7, 8, 9 or 10 will be more that sufficient. Don't use v11 onwards.

5. Kehaunani

Kehaunani New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just updating all the nice folks who helped me out here: initially this was an on and off master warning light triangle. About a week ago it turned into a permanent triangle, plus the brake and vsc lights were on but would go off after an overnight rest. Finally got in to see dealer today. They initially changed a relay then ran another diagnostic. Turned out to be Hybrid ECU and air duct. They are holding onto car for ~2 wks while we wait for the parts to get shipped in. Total cost $2k. In my panic about the funds I neglected to ask for the DTC. Sorry. I'll try to get those soon just to have on record here at priuschat.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  6. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I suggest you ask the dealer whether they can install a used ECU. If they give you the part number you could buy one for probably $200 or less on eBay.

audiodave and Kehaunani like this.