1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is nav screen cover-only replaceable?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by web1b, Jul 2, 2012.

1. web1b

web1b Active Member

If a screen is stained with a cleaning product that cannot be wiped off because it has soaked through to the back side of the plastic, can just the screen cover be replaced or does the entire nav system need to be replaced?

2. peterjmc

peterjmc Ping pong in Ding Dang...

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    According to the parts diagrams, the screen does not have it's own part number.

2010 Toyota PRIUS JPP-REGULAR 10628 86-03 Navigation & Front Monitor Display

I'm sure it can be purchased separately. It's pretty ridiculous that one might have to purchase a whole new navigation unit just to repair a screen. Maybe try calling Toyota customer service or your local Toyota parts department?

Just so you know, the screen can be removed from the head unit without taking the head unit out of the car. I took my head unit out to lay down a screen protector over the navigation screen and discovered after the fact that I could have just left the whole unit in and taken just the screen section out.

3. AmandaL

AmandaL New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I cracked the plastic cover over my navigation screen, and I am very interested in removing the screen without having to remove the whole navigation unit. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!