1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is packacge #6 really worth the extra $$ over package #4?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by VoicesInMyHead, May 30, 2005.

1. ~sparky~

~sparky~ New Member

Re: Is packacge #6 really worth the extra $$ over package #4

package 6 was not for me... it's a personal choice. here's why i picked package 4:

1) i do not like NAV
    2) the jbl stereo gets horrible reviews - on this website and elsewhere
    3) i like bluetooth, but have a great little bluetooth headset that works fine
    4) i couldn't justify the extra $3G

so i bought a package 4, and am adding the kenwood mini-subwoofer to punch up the sound system - for a mere $200... i'll think about an amp and replacing speakers if needed...

i've also ordered the ev switch from coastaletech.com and a leather steering wheel cover from wheelskins.com - and my pri only has 150 miles on it! :D

good luck w/ your decision.

2. yoda

yoda Member

It's certainly a personal choice....

For me - I always buy my vehicles FULLY FULLY FULLY loaded. That's just how I like them.

Many would argue that you can get "such and such" third party system cheaper (and they'll say better) but frankly, I have two thoughts on that.

1. I like the car the way it was MEANT to be. Give me factory over third-party.

2. "I'll add it later". Nice thought - most of us don't. I like to get the car the way I want it when I buy it. No tearing appart the dash later if I can avoid it.

So - yea - I probably pay too much money. But I LOVE my pkg-6 and wouldn't have it any other way.

Hope that helps ya.

Yoda

3. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

Yeap, I agree with Yoda, it is a personal decision.

My wife really wanted to get the Nav System, which I didn't think we would really use, but we went for the full package.

The NAV lady is sometimes irritating in how she misunderstands, but we use it way more than I expected to (now if we could just enter in info with a passenger). I am really glad that we have the navigation and I don't think I will get another car without one. Adding an aftermarker might have been cheaper, but I like the seamless operation of factory installed.

I like the sound system and think it is adequate for my needs (although it isn't perfect and I am considering the Kenwood subs mentioned elsewhere). I also like being able to put in multiple discs and put it on disc random for long trips.

On the other hand, if our finances were tighter and we had the choice between the two, we would get the 4. At the time, it was 6 (actually 9) or wait till who knows when.

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Isn't AM the lowest package? Big jump from wanting package 6 (BC) and getting AM.

5. bobc

bobc New Member

Dan,

AM is package #4 on the list from #1 to #6.
    AM has VSC, side and side curtain airbags, SKS, HID's and fogs which are add ons to the base model.

6. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Ah, got ya. Thanks for the clarification.