1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is package 5 worth the extra costs?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lotto, Apr 16, 2007.

1. FloridaWen

FloridaWen New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(John L. @ May 13 2007, 10:42 PM) [snapback]441386[/snapback]</div>
    LEATHER (package 6) -vs.- CLOTH (package 5) is obviously a personal thing.....
    Now many who I "see" buying LEATHER are in the cooler, northern locations like Chicago, Washington state, etc. which get short summers. My Wife and I live in FLORIDA and it is "hot" down here 9+ months a year. We have experienced LEATHER in our Acura MDX and "ouch"...... very, very hot to the "rear end" and back when first getting into the vehicle after being parked, even for an hour, with windows shut (actually cracked about 1/4") and even with "sunshield" in front window. Then once inside and sitting on the leather, any "body sweat" sort of makes one "stick" to the leather. In our Honda CR-V we have CLOTH seats and prefer these much more.... "softer" on the body (skin) and no "sticking" when hot and sweaty.... remember, here in Florida one gets sweaty very quickly and then going into a vehicle's seat and turning on the A.C., still takes a few minutes for the interior to cool down !!
    By the way, we ordered (recently arrived at port) an '07 Touring with PACKAGE 5 (NAVI, Cloth, etc.) and are very anxious for the dealer to call us to pick it up :p !!