1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is Prius actually a "gay" car?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by ThrillAddict, Nov 4, 2005.

1. FL_Prius_Driver

FL_Prius_Driver Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    It's very clear your recent accident did not affect your snappy replies.

2. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No need silly, they are both Toyotas and as such are most unlikely to be broken.

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You don't have to worry about it. It's like Pat and sheep. Not being the same species, it removes some of the risk.

Tom

4. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My FJ has had 2,600 km on it since October of last year. I do believe "FJ" and "Great Mileage" is an oxymoron ...

5. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    :pound:

I'm gonna arrange to have *you* fixed ...

6. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    One wall of my master bedroom is with the attached garage

It's downright creepy in the middle of the night, I hear soft beeping sounds, vague rustling sounds, metal touching metal sounds ...

I feel like pounding on the wall and yelling "Get a room already!"

7. That_Prius_Car

That_Prius_Car Austin Kinser

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Seeing some comments on here made me laugh. Being gay isn't a choice. My mom knew I was gay from the time I could even show emotion. I've never had an attraction for women, and I don't know why. I like men, I'm a normal, happy person that likes to do normal things. There's nothing wrong with being gay. Thanks. End of it.

8. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There's nothing wrong with being gay. But I think there's something wrong with being 16 years old for like, 3 years.

1 person likes this.
  9. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Aww you two have the same join date. That's cute. :D

Welcome back, buddy. Have not seen you around in awhile. You either, Mac. :welcome:

1 person likes this.
  10. LIPriusFreak

LIPriusFreak Can I haz JDM?

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not gay (actually a bit homophobic) and I don't consider the prius gay either...what's gay about the prius is the acceleration or lack thereof :( (oh and the seats are gay too ) :D

11. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Another reason I am seriously looking at the 2013 Veloster Turbo or the Escape EcoBoost twin-turbo. Both should be able to be hypermiled to 40+mpg. :)

12. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There is nothing gay about the Prius, but its mileage; 50mpg, is perimenopausal.:D

13. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's got some interesting angles, but overall I'm not convinced it's a great looking car. Not that it really matters, right? :rolleyes: It's the mileage that counts.

Are you sure you wouldn't rather stuff a V10 into the back of your Prius? You could always move the woofers, if you have to....:p

14. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Frankly, I would have thought that we would be a little beyond using "gay" as a pejorative adjective. I would have especially thought that a group a Prius owners, who pride themselves to be out on the sharp end of the stick societally speaking would eschew such junior high school locker room behavior.
    Granted, every stereotype has its little grains of truth, but I've had the pleasure of serving with a few homosexuals in the military. When you live in VERY close quarters with people for extended periods of time (like: 90 days in the same submarine...or 270 days in the same GP Medium tent in the field for example) you get to know your shipmates.
    I haven't found homosexuals to be any "prissier" or more "gentile" than their heterosexual counterparts.....male or female. Of course, my sampling may not represent a true cross section of the G&L community. However (comma!) I still maintain that they’re probably no more likely to be meek and gentile souls than some low octane-type types out there that think that insulting other groups will place themselves in the deeper end of the gene pool.
    If you're that worried about your self image, I don't think that getting a car that goes from 0-60 in < 9 seconds is going to fix that.

FWIW.....yeah, I think that the Prius seats are rather Yaris-like, but I haven't been put off too much by the 9 second 0-60 acceleration. It's a %^$#! gas saver!!! What the hell do you expect?!
    If you want 50-mpg and < 4.0 second zero to 60 acceleration capability......buy a motorcycle.
    Just don't get a V-Rod. I only get about 35-40 MPG on mine....
    .....and the stock seat sux on that one too......;)

3 people like this.
  15. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    What makes a car gay, anyway? Most of the gay folks I know have a real sense of style. The Prius dumps style in favor of function. Low c.d. even if it's ugly. That makes the Prius the least gay car around. Now, my Tesla is one classy ride: That's a gay car if there ever was one. Style at its pinnacle. When I look at my two cars, there's no doubt in my mind which one a gay person would prefer: the Tesla. I don't belong in that fraternity, though: I lack the sense of style and the aplomb, and I'm attracted to women. I like the Tesla mostly because it's electric.

But back to my question, when people say the Prius is a gay car, are they using the word just as a pejorative because they don't like the car, or are they saying that gay people like the car more than straight people do, or are they saying that the car has the attributes of a gay person, whatever those are considered to be?

1 person likes this.
  16. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We should be. There's been remarkable progress, but there's still a long way to go. As long as we have to vote on whether to grant basic human rights to certain members of society, there's obviously still a problem.

And cars don't have sex anyway, how can they be 'g....uh...homosexual? ;)

17. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    On another level, this "gay car" drivel highlights the hatred of driving green. Unless I'm driving aggressively, I'm going to get passed during rush hour in the Dallas area. That's in ANY LANE. That's on top of all the gearheads I hear online.

Cars are a tool to get places? What I see instead is a lot of drivers start their trip too late, then get into some childish "top dog" posturing...when they get out of the car, do they remember who's butt they kicked? What's more lasting is the gas wasted, additional wear-and-tear, needless gridlock from crashes caused by aggressive driving, stress on all drivers.

This is simply idiotic.

18. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I share your puzzlement over cars sexuality, but when I drive into a parking lot my Prius tells me it wants to be parked near other Prii. That has to be homo something. Homoautoproximita?

19. That_Prius_Car

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    First of all, I don't understand the "gay" part of the car. In what way does it look homosexual? Do the headlights look like male genitals or does the door remind you of a naked man or something? What's so GAY about this car? Can anyone clarify? Does it have a s*x toy sticking out of the exhaust? If not, WHY IS IT GAY?
    Last I checked, the Prius is made in a manufacturing plant. It doesn't have any sex organs (nothing dangling beneath it!), so being asexual it is neither gay nor straight. ;-)

20. That_Prius_Car

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    OOpppse! Accidently double posted. :)