1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is Prius actually a "gay" car?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by ThrillAddict, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    You know what homophobes always say about the missionary zeal of gays, so if Silver starts swishing around, don't come crying to us.

2. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

This is so funny: just during the last 10 or so posts, the GLBT number has increased from 14% to 16%!

Are some people just very, er, impressionable? :eek:

3. maykups

maykups New Member

Absolutely not!!! The Prius is not just for Gay People, sounds like some idiot does not know what they are talking about. But if he wants to believe that, that is good to know considering we care for the planet and the Heteros don't!!!!!

That is what he is inferring....

4. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

O..M..G..

5. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    When I bbought my Prius they didn't even ask me if I was gay or not. They just took my money and gave me a car.

6. storm petrol

storm petrol Member

44 degrees, 42 minutes North; 73 degrees, 29 minu
    Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Malorn,

Regarding hunting and environmentalism....

The environmental movement, believe it or not, is to a very large extent founded in the activities of 'sportsmen', ie hunters and fishermen. The original motivation for setting land aside from the activities of agriculture and urban development was to preserve territory for such activities. As was already pointed out in regard to Montana, the financial wherewithall to purchase the land and set it aside originally came from the fees paid by the sportsmen.

In addition, getting out into nature to hunt and fish leads one to come to an appreciation of the marvels of the natural world. As one ages, one may come to realize that in this appreciation, and awe, resides a significant measure of the true restorative quality of wild lands.

A good example of the historical transition is 'birding,' which most will think of as something pursued with binoculars and cameras.

Originally, the activity of finding and identifying birds was done by shooting them and then identifying the carcass. It was only with the advent of the modern field guide, using readily identifiable, visual field marks, that identifying different species of birds became something that one could participate in without being a marksman and hunter.

storm petrol

7. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    This might be the most retarded thread ever, though to prove my sexuality I made love to my wife at the dealership. ;)

8. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    That is true look at Trout Unlimited and what it has done with stream habitat. I have fished many times on the Ausable river in Michigan and floated past the first Trout Unlimited chapter and marveled what they have done on the Ausable to recover that stream and continue to do. All of the fly fisherman I know practice catch and release. There are a few that use hookless flys and count the number of strikes on their hand tied flys. It is amazing how long some trout will hold on to a fly with out a hook.

9. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    "Don we now our gay apparel."

Well, my car is black...neither colorful nor what would be considered celebratory or party attire.

However it did try to hump a truck last week.

10. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The classic little black dress!? Come on all you need is pearls. Don’t forget to swing that boote.

11. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

I'll call Bill Merchant now!!!

12. driverx

driverx New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    more like a geek car.

13. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    yea... so whats your point? :p :huh: :D

14. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    ok.... so we've explored the meaning of Gay... now lets explore the meaning of a Geek Car?

I've always witnessed that those who are called Geeks are either the ones who are just plain goofy, or the ones who know more about electronics than the average bear.
    Usually the one doing the calling does so to help offset thier inferior feelings for being so dumb about electronics!

15. Bob_Perkowski

Bob_Perkowski New Member

I did not realize children in grade school could drive! :lol: :lol: :lol:

16. clipper

clipper New Member

well im Gay, I was first attracted to the shape and the way the car looks. and i loved all the bells and whistles that came with it. and the fact that its a hybrid was just a really big bonus. I like the fact that its a sporty kinda car, but it has lots of cargo space, and i like cargo space cause that means you can shop more and be able to bring it all home. just my opinion. my gay friends tend to like it too, its very roomy.

17. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Sometimes Geeks know other things Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Biology, but they tend to do well in life. I am a Geek and proud of it.

18. Spunky

Spunky New Member

:lol:

19. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I think the way the word Gay is used and how it's percieved can be a big difference. I don't see how my Prius could be gay.

20. parrot_lady

parrot_lady Member

I agree. Lets go back to the OLD meaning of gay (happy)

So one could say I'm gay about 75% of the time and I'm just soooo GAY for my car.

P.s. no one mention this to the BF. :p :rolleyes: