1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is Prius C about to disappear in 2019?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by gigoalejandro, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  2. dubit

dubit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Could always just buy a smartphone mirroring kit from Beat-Sonic. It's not "built in Nav" from Toyota, but worked pretty well for me. At least when I had it. I've already taken it back off and sold it back to the guy I got it from so he could use it on his own car.

Beat-Sonic IF-02AEP Smartphone Mirroring Kit

3. Absolutely_Red

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    There were some unwise decisions in the 2018. They took away "music display" so I no longer see the album artwork on my 2018 Camry XLE V6 (which is supposedly the crème de la crème). I have the largest display (11") and yet all I see is text when I play music. Crazy.

Sitting in my 2016 Prius C, I was delighted to see that color artwork pop up on my 6.1" display when I play my music. So, the 2016 Baby Prius (C-1) has this much-nicer feature than my pricey Camry? Yes it does.

Like others, I was also told that the 2018 Camry Hybrid XLE came with integrated navigation, when apparently, it does not.

I came within an inch of buying the hybrid, but ultimately, I opted for the V6 because I wanted to have power this time, and I wanted the panoramic roof and some other features that only come with the V6.

My 2018 V6 has integrated navigation which appears on the windshield, JBL radio (which is delightful but lacks wattage), bird's eye view (sweet) and every other option that is offered in this model year. And you know what I drive 90% of the time? My little Prius.

About that navigation - it's awful. It's poorly designed and I have missed more turns because its directions are clear as mud. That's why I keep the garmin in the new Camry.

Geo Dude likes this.
  4. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Did.
    My new Fusion Hybrid is AWESOME.

That Focus model already exists; called the Energi, I think.

Geo Dude likes this.
  5. Brandon Most

Brandon Most Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    I couldn't agree more. I am generally a guy that drives older cars, and when I picked up my 02 Lexus GS430, nothing dated it more than the integrated navigation. The electronics world moves so much quicker than automotive one that unless you are trading off cars every couple years you're probably better off getting a base "radio" from the factory to make upgrading easy.

6. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    The Energi was a different beast. I think they are merging the two, now.

7. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Different how ? I thought that the "Energi" models are plug-in hybrids.
    Merging what two ??

8. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    The Energi was it's own car model. It wasn't the focus, but you're right, it's a plug-in. It's a bigger version of the Focus, taller, wider, and a bit longer. I doubt the CUV will be a plug in, but it will probably be on the same chassis.