1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Is Project Lithium / Nexcell a scam battery?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by BrianStranded, Feb 9, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V Sport Wagon

V Sport Wagon Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Anyway this thread has been fun & interesting and reached it's limit (No I didn't get a talking to or feel embarrassed about anything just bored at this point wasting my time watching DIY grumps lose it). It was to bring light to the random lurkers that they shouldn't believe everything all the Do-It-Yourself "shade tree" mechanics say on here, because most often than not they are wrong or happen to magically kind of solve something on their car so now it's proven Science. Also to bring light to the OP's original topic again that Nexpower is very Reputable (and no I don't get paid to say that so call or email Jack the owner and decide for yourself, not what a bunch of bitter home researchers tell you). For every 1 with a negative experience, he's got 1000 good ones just like any business.

Just remember, professional mechanics are the be-all end-all final authority for fixing your car correctly through 1000's of hours of proven hands on experience with hundreds of the same vehicles (not a group of jokers claiming or bad mouthing someone who challenges their world view about the Prius and egos in an online forum as I have proven through "mostly" cheeky responses and trolling but you get the point).

I also don't have the time to get into all of the details of how the ABS, Service Brake System, Inverter, and Traction Battery work harmoniously together because I simply don't have time to write a damn book about it, because to satisfy these objectors that's what it would take to explain it to them not 2 sentence responses, and for what? so a bunch of bitter DIY'ers can still tell me I am wrong and they are right? I already know I am right and nothing will shake that confidence. They aren't worth more time than trolling them with dumb answer to piss them off with and make them think I don't know anything honestly. Trust the Industry Professionals first, do research outside of this echo chamber for actual Truth about your Prius, and most of all, STOP trying to repair your Prius yourself and calling shops to help you fix your mistakes when you screw something up, that's really freaking annoying people.

2. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    And thank you so much for being EXACTLY what most people worry about when going to a "professional". You blow a lot of smoke, but say a lot of nothing. It's not that you don't have the time, because you apparently have plenty of it. More likely you don't have the knowledge or data to back up what you claim. You weren't asked to write an encyclopedia, and it shouldn't be too difficult to answer some clearly stated questions. Unless you're all smoke and no substance. Whether you're competent or incompetent, who knows. What most people will know, if they read this thread, is that YOU are the "professional experience" they try to avoid.

BrianStranded and PriusTime like this.
  3. V Sport Wagon

V Sport Wagon Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    My point above explains everything on why you are wrong.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thread closed

Khezekiah, PriusCamper and bisco like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.